Menu

What's with the ads?

mommyoffive

How much have you been out?

Grocery today, last time before that was the 17th - exactly 2 weeks before.

someone walks the dog each day   

Socializing only by phone calls (me), or social media apps (teen). 

Well, no change to our life at all.

But, this has taught me that my family consists of unsocialized cheap butt hermits, cause we don't do church, we don't do school, we don't do concerts, we don't do co-ops, etc etc.

I do grocery shop regularly, but I am not sure that 15 minutes in Kroger counts all that much as "going out."  Today it was because DS 7 informed me this morning that he was out of GoodNights.  I thought we had one more package.  

I'm trying to convince my kids to put on their Ren Faire outfits and go around the neighborhood with the wheelbarrow, shouting, "Bring out your dead!"  But they are spoil sports.  (I figure this might not be funny in a few weeks though.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have only been out for grocery runs and to the doctor's office for appointment or prescriptions.  DH and kids have picked up take out a few times.  DH needs to got pick up a prescription this afternoon, but they will bring it out to him in his car.

I have been to the grocery store twice in the past 2+ weeks, and Dh and I took a drive on Sunday afternoon so I could have a change of scenery. Dh is working from home this week, so we are all staying home except for the one grocery trip.

1 hour ago, Margaret in CO said:

We've been on lockdown for weeks. I've been to the grocery store twice and the PO once. The kids have been to work (dd is still plowing and is now working at the Emergency Operations Center), and they've hit the grocery store and the farm supply store for colostrum for the cattle. I walk every day, but it's on the ranch, so I'm "social distancing" by a mile or so! My neighbor did honk as she drove by about a half mile away today!

Same here, Margaret! We have no neighbors out here, except for the cows that live a mile or so away at the bottom of the valley behind our house.🙂

• Like 1

I feel like I'm going out more since most of the grocery stores have put limits on water, milk, and a few other items.  We usually go through several gallons of water and 5 gallons of milk a week.  Normally, unless I'm at work, I'm home and go grocery shopping once a week. So two here, two there, and I'm getting so tired of going to the store.  Also our regional Raleys/bel air chain isn't stocking paper products at all.  Last cashier I talked too said she has no idea when they'll have a delivery.  We'll probably run out in about a week or so.  I'll be doing a hunt and gather trip next weekend probably.   Funny story.  Told Kiddo he needed to conserve on the toilet paper and not use so much. Try to make one roll last the week.  Aspie brain found a work around.  I asked how's it going and he said, I'm making roll last by pulling a few pieces from other rolls in the cabinet.  *facepalm* 

Anyhow, we're mostly homebodies so unless we're at our shop, we're home. Other than the many grocery trips, things haven't changed too much.

Edited by Robin M
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

My last day in school was 3/18. I went to the grocery store that day and today. Wore a mask and gloves today - felt like a dork, but a slightly safer dork. CSA pick up every wednesday, but I either don't see anyone when I do that, or just the guy behind the front desk at the office I pick up at and he's behind glass.

DH and I go to our office every day. I go in the morning to deliver IEP services via google hangouts and he goes in the afternoon to see clients via telemedicine (therapist). We're the only ones in the building as all of the other clinicians are working completely from home, so it doesn't feel any less safe than staying home and it's a lot easier. We have a small house and the way it's set up, whoever is having video sessions would probably have to do them from one of the bedrooms (no desks), which is awkward. It also feels a little less isolating to drive to work every day, even though neither of us are seeing anyone in person while we're out. 

We all walk around the neighborhood when the weather cooperates, which isn't often enough right now.  

I go out every day to the science center, with maybe an occasional one skipped.  I have to feed animals and I'm doing some cleaning and reorganizing. 

Dh works from home and goes out about once a week to grocery shop,

Ds hasn't left the house except for walks around the neighborhood.

Dd comes with me to the science center twice a week for an algebra class I'm running by zoom.  

That's basically it.   Dh is going to visit his mom about 3 hours away this weekend.  He's going to do some shopping for her and spend some time visiting.  He figures visiting will make it more likely she won't go out to the store on her own. 

I go to work every day Monday through Saturday.  I've restrained my grocery shops to once per week, if that.  I tried using pickup at Sam's Club and I was not a fan, so I will go in person and use my scan-n-go app next time.   Last weekend I took DD to Michael's to talk to the manager about working her into the schedule since she's home from college. While we were out we stopped at Menard's for garbage bags and bean seeds. 

Other than that, I have two teenagers with learner's permits, so we do go out to drive, but we don't actually go anywhere or get out of the car.  We just drive around, so I don't think that counts. 

• Like 1

In the last three weeks... grocery store twice, Costco once, Home Depot once - lots of walks and runs. I am shopping for my parents as well so they can stay home. I want to extend my grocery runs to two weeks; I am not sure if they are capable of planning that far out. 

Pretty much the same for us- which on the OP's scale would be "essentials". I still have to report to work and I've been trying to keep the shopping to no more than weekly when possible. We are home bodies but now that it's spring and all the trails and beaches are closed, I'm kind of bummed. We would start trying to get more hikes or walk in nature in about now. 

I haven't been out since the 16th, except to walk my dog every day.  We social-distance during walks anyway because he is a very excitable 70 lb dog (If you are close enough to say hi and make eye contact, he thinks you are his new best friend.)  Dd has been home since then.   She just got off her self-quarantine since she got home from Spain, but no place to go but walk the dog.  

Dh goes to the grocery store once a week.  I make him clean up when he gets home and we wipe down groceries and bags.  The stores he goes to are really good about maintaining distance ... only allowing a certain number of people in the store at a time, x's on the floor to indicate where to stand in line outside and inside, wiping down the register area after each customer, etc.  

I've been going to the school a couple times a week to prepare lessons-it's mostly empty, but I still wear a mask most of the time.

Grocery pick-up. 

Mostly staying home.

Grocery shopping once a week.  Walks in our rural neighborhood with family members.  Drives with family members. 

3 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

WIN OF THE DAY:  I was in RiteAid getting envelopes today and the TP truck drove up!  :0)  

Score! My win of the day was being in the Dollar Tree and hearing one employee ask another employee where to put the hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer did you say? Why, I'll take two. Thank you very much!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I try to go out once a week for groceries but go right when they open.

Edited by lynn

Errand running -- I try and do that once/week.  (Grocery store, pharmacy, post office.)  When my dd is gone for days and nights working in the coronavirus tents (presently she's on a week, off a week), I take care of her dog, so then I'm out several times/day then (I live in a high-rise inner-city apartment so that involves elevators, hallways, etc.).   I also visit my dad once/week.  (He's 91 and lives alone.)   I really do only essential stuff, but those things are essential.  I've actually been grateful for taking care of my dd's dog, because I love taking walks.  (Otherwise our state is telling us to mostly stay inside our homes.)

More than most.  But nothing thing social.  It is all necessary.  To the office ( which almost  no customers  and only a few employees) 2 days a week.  Shopping for us, my parents and my boss several times a week.  Mostly because they don’t have what I  need and I have to keep going back.  

Hubby just saved me.  I won’t have to go to the store again for a while.  Sigh of relief. His secret weapon? His favorite liquor store had tp, paper towel, and napkins stocked hidden beneath the counter.  Yeah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I suppose it shows that I need more balance in my life but little has changed for me. I still go to work, come home, play with the dog, sleep, get up, rinse and repeat. Dh still grocery shops. The only thing that is cancelled for the moment is our monthly game night with friends.

I came home from work at 12:30am on 3/21; since then I have been working at home. So, till today I have been home other than walks in the neighborhood. All my family has been home at least as long. My daughter and I did a big grocery shopping today; it was so stressful I am going to try to switch to delivery... though it's been nearly impossible to get delivery set up.  

Edited by marbel

On March 7, I went to a packed urgent care to get a flu swab.  Positive for A.  I have not been out, other than neighborhood bike rides, since.  DH canceled his trips to Germany and Portugal before the events were postponed. We have been getting delivery groceries and DH had 2 trips to the pharmacy.

However, ugh, I almost went to the ER for a bite/sting on Fri.  Bad reaction.  Ended up having my next door neighbor nurse check out the scary look of my hand.  So we saw her, her DH, and their yard guy (everyone was trying to identify the tiny snake that may have been the cause of my agony).  They were not good at social distancing, even outside.  Everyone was closer than I felt comfortable. So ... we are sort of counting down to 14 days again.  I’m so disappointed.  And I don’t feel so hot, either, which is probably because I’m still coughing from flu, and then had the crazy bad reaction to a bite or sting and am now coming off the steroids.  At least, that’s my hope!

• Sad 1

Me - only to pick up groceries or other necessities at WalMart pick-up service or Target drive-up service

DH - working from home most days. Other days, he goes in... but his job is one where he is able to work in empty buildings with no one around him while he works on computer stuff inside. His job has moved all meetings, etc to online and/or phone meetings, so dh only has to go by the office once in a while to pick up supplies.

Kids - Most have been home for a solid two+ weeks. They went out to try to find a park to walk around last week, but said the parks were too busy. So, lots of treadmill time, Dance video games, and biking.

My parents - home, thank goodness

In-Laws - Living life as normal, mostly - except for wiping things down with Clorox wipes.

I think we all need to pile in a car tomorrow and go drive somewhere with a nice view, now that I'm thinking about it.

Once every other week I go out for groceries and Home Depot stuff. I’ve learned it’s less crowded earlier in the morning. I don’t browse. I get in and out. That’s it for social contact. DH works from home and has taken a few motorcycle rides. DS hasn’t gone anywhere in a month. Dd is in her college apartment and still working, and scrambling to do national teacher assessments for graduation and creating online assignments for students at her student teaching placement. 

I was taking a socially walk with a friend a couple of times a week. She works from home and hasn’t left her property in about a month except to walk the neighborhood. I think that’s a misdemeanor now with the stay at home directive. 

It’s been over three weeks since we’ve stopped all our extracurriculars and church and over two since visitation and preschool for foster dd, and a week and a half since dh moved to working from home.  Dh or I has also been out for animal feed once, the bank once, and groceries every two or three days.  (For a couple of weeks our local grocery store was rationing staples, so unfortunately we had to go much more often than normal to keep basics in the house, as they did not allow a shopper with a family of seven to purchase more milk than a single person—but today they had lifted the rationing).

The only other outing we have made was on Saturday we took a family drive to leave stacks of homeschooling supplies on a friend’s doorstep, then went for a short hike on a deserted stretch of the Oregon Trail (it still has visible wagon wheel ruts!), and got drivethrough dinner.

Edited by Michelle Conde

I haven't driven my car since March 16th. Since then I've only been on walks and bike rides. My dh has to go to work still but teleworks every other week. He also does the weekly grocery shopping. My dds are home doing online university classes and haven't been anywhere either. All our socializing has been via Skype or Zoom. I'm thankful that it is sunny and when we go for exercise outside it feels uplifting. The first week was hard, but we are getting into a rhythm and have it better than a lot of people so I can't complain about anything. So far we only know of one person that is presumed to have covid.