Menu

What are you snacking on?

klmama

Mini Easter candy (Starburst, Snickers, etc.).  We are playing D&D as a family right now and this is our fun candy for it.  This weekend I made a rhubarb/peach crisp that was tasty and DH ordered some yummy cupcakes for date night at home on Friday from a local bakery to try to help local businesses.  Tomorrow I need to do better...

• Like 1

Two more weeks of Lent and 2 of us have given up sweets, so that's keeping us in check somewhat. So this may descend to chaos in a couple of weeks, but for now:

goldfish crackers
granola bars
pretzels (goldfish or the Rold Gold honey twists)
popcorn
apples
grapes
tortilla chips
dry cereal

Edited by Ali in OR

I've been trying to hold off on another grocery trip. I'm at two weeks. Salty things turned out to be the first thing to completely disappear from the house. I really, really, really wish the store had had some popcorn. It was entirely cleared. Thinking about venturing out tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Like 1

Fresh oranges from my little tree.

Cadbury eggs.

Steeped ginger (supposed to be good for beefing up your immune system; plus it reduces my GERD reflux considerably)

Licorice root tea (also supposed to be good for beefing up your immune system)

Cinzano because I am out of my favorite wine and couldn't find it the last time I shopped.  It's not important enough to risk another foray.  I am sheltering in place.

• Like 2

Nutty & Fruity Organic Jackfruit https://beefruityandnutty.com/products/jackfruit (ETA: I bought from Costco and the ingredient list is only organic jackfruit and no preservatives, see photo)

Kirkland organic dried mangos https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-organic-dried-mangoes%2C-2.5-lbs.product.100438715.html

4E0283C4-16C7-421D-AECB-278C2B549085.jpeg

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

Favorite thread ever.

My ds brought a friend home from college thinking they were going to be able to go back, silly kids.  So now I have 2 hungry young people plowing through the snacks.  Smoothies, crackers n cheese, cereal, apples and pb, omelettes, luna bars, popcorn (sorry, Farrar,) toast, cadbury eggs - you know, anything that isn't nailed down.

Edited by Harpymom

Everything imaginable.  I knew it was a lot, but I didn’t realize just how much until just now.

The thing I’ve wanted most has been buffalo chicken dip. The only reason that’s only been in (relatively) moderate frequency is because it’s been difficult to acquire cheap tortilla chips. Brand name prices are crazy!

I’m an equal opportunity snacker, which seems like it should mean I’ll take salty or sweet, but usually it just means I want both!

I have a pick-up order to get this morning, and I’m hoping it will get us through April, other than some extra gas station milk if possible.  The order has more snack stuff in it than I normally buy in 6 months or more.

I really need some warm, non-rainy weather so I can work this off in the yard!!!

• Like 1

Might not be what everyone here wants to hear, but as someone who has never "dieted" before, last spring I started a new "diet," which includes NO SNACKING. None, nada, zip. (The Obesity Diet Code, although I've never been obese.)

I stuck to it and lost 25 pounds. My goal was 20, so it's worked. I'm especially glad for it now, because I know I'd be snacking a LOT. That chocolate and wine sounds especially good!

• Like 2

I am diabetic and need to keep my snacking low carb. Spicy pimento cheese with veggies, Trader Joe's chili lime almonds (in small quantities), blueberries, clementines, dill pickles, good cheese (esp. soft, rich ones like havarti or brie), veggies with homemade ranch or bleu cheese dressing, olives, and bacon. 

My kids like most of these things and add others like: popcorn, chips and salsa or guac, apples with pb or Justin's hazelnut spread, applesauce, cheese toast, yogurt, buttered toast (I've been baking bread!), homemade cookies or pie,  ants on a log, pretzels, pistachios, cheese and crackers, veggies with hummus, and occasionally a Lara bar.

• Like 1

When I make lunch, I try to cut up fruit and veggies on a plate for everyone to snack on so they don’t go bad. For some reason, people will eat fruit and veggies if I prepare them, but they won’t do it themselves.

Unfortunately, that  is not stopping us from also eating junk food.

32 minutes ago, school17777 said:

For some reason, people will eat fruit and veggies if I prepare them, but they won’t do it themselves.

Several members of my family are the same way.  I think I need to make preparing veggie trays someone's daily responsibility so they can learn how to do it!

• Haha 1

Cocoa/peanut butter/oatmeal no-bake cookies. I’ve already made two batches in the past two weeks and will probably make another tomorrow. I hadn’t made or eaten them for a few years, but once all this started I’ve had mad cravings for them

Edited by meena