Menu

Registration for outsourced classes for 2020-2021 school year???

Are ya'll continuing to sign-up for local, in-person classes for the next school year?  Given all the unknowns with COVID-19?  

I will need to sign-up for Honors Spanish this week for next year.  If I don't, we won't get a spot (and I need 2).  She fills up very quickly.

We also want to sign up for a local year long Honors US Govt/Politics class with their favorite teacher.  I have until May, I think, to decide on that.

If we sign-up and classes aren't cancelled, but I still feel it is not worth the risk to be out that much with people (DH and I have 3 elderly people we are responsible for), I will be out a good bit of money.

We've made some strategic decisions for sign ups (I just posted on the 10th grade thread). We are double signed up or have a plan B for things that might fall through. We didn't sign up for anything that doesn't have a generous refund policy unless it is a first choice for a course. In your case, you are trying to decide what to do if your local option goes but you don't. That's trickier. ETA I guess we didn't sign up for anything that doesn't have a generous refund policy (up to the day classes start). Now that I think about it, I simply eliminated them from the list in the beginning of the decision process.

Edited by MamaSprout

I found myself signing up early for the two online classes dd will do next year for 10th grade.  Call it stockpiling capacity, but my thinking is that some public school folks may decide "real" homeschooling is their better option next year (for a wide variety of reasons) and start snagging spots.  I feel ashamed of this way of thinking.

I know you're asking about in-person outsourced.  Her only one of these is English with a teacher who has seamlessly switched to skyping classes with her, so I'm not as worried about that.

Edited by Harpymom

We are signed up for next fall, although payment isn't due til later this spring. If CV isolation is still in place, our only change would be that the performing arts class would not be offered. The other three classes would simply be help online. 

China is returning to business after about three months. I would be surprised if the US is not back to mostly normal (perhaps with some new protocols in place) by the fall. But anything could happen...