Menu

Accountability Thread 3/29-4/5

Almost April already. How did that happen? But I'm about ready for it. I'm ready for the last blast of cold, and then finally some spring for a few weeks before summer hits.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, clean the kitchen, plant peppers and tomatoes

School: schedules

Cooking: pork loin, cauliflower (roasted?), peach cobbler, ice cream

Writing: Two chapters to rewrite/revise, edits for a short story, edits for Beta feedback, personal reading, reading one of my novels, too.

Art: Finish Trees

• Like 2

Morning. It's a gray and cool outside. Not feeling much like spring.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, linens, bed, bath

School: usual. We are close to finished with science for the year.

Cooking: chicken and dumplings, fried apples, roast potatoes

Writing: Revise two chapters in two different novels, read two chapters in novel that I'm planning to revise the sequel to soon, revisions to two short stories, personal reading

Art: Keep working on Trees. I did a bunch of scrubbing last night, and now I need to add more colors and shadows, and make sure I have everything the way I want it before I close out that exercise and tackle something new.

• Like 1

Morning. Day two of the week. DH is home. We had a lot of rain last night, and our bridge across the creek keeps flooding, but last night wasn't too bad. 

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, clean something

School: usual

Cooking: beef stroganoff, mushrooms (I have mushroom haters in the house), chocolate chip cookies

Writing: Revise Cp 7 in two different novels, reading in another novel to prepare to write the sequel this summer, personal reading

Art: debating between a realism exercise and something experimental, and leaning toward doing both

• Like 2

Morning! Today: WTM school, more or less, with piano, languages and exercise.  Dinner: roast chicken, cornmeal biscuits, salad and cut veggies.  Clean some windows, wash some sheets AND remember to dry them.  ETA: okay, sheets tomorrow.  😉

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning.

Today's schedule: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen

School: usual

Cooking: none, lots of leftovers

Writing: two chapters to revise, two chapters to read, personal reading, maybe some character work

Art: start new project. My paints just got of the quarantine shelf.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Art: start new project. My paints just got of the quarantine shelf.

🙂  It is kind of exciting when stuff you want to use gets out of quarantine. 

Today:

• School: light.  Keep our toes in math, languages, and piano; focus on music education, incl.: some classical music history; some American art history; and  watching one of the videos we have that a piano teacher sent to us (these are pretty cool, she's showing the boys contemporary compositions --  @Critterfixer: possibly y'all would get a kick out of the Ping Pong Concerto, and it is short'n sweet; if you'd like more musical distractions, I can post all her links).
  • Covid-19: work on 3 or 4 things from my to-do list: contact F. to offer help; respond to RPG group e-mail; set up supplies for a card-making/letter writing station with boys; order filters for homemade masks; begin a notebook for planning; short list of things to prepare spare bedroom & bath for quarantine; draft school necessaries for next year; draft home necessaries;
  • Life: order contact lenses; find first day/week of financial planning & home cleaning plans; extra credit: implement day 1 finance, day 1 cleaning
  • Exercise: boys; me. 
  • House: sheets; round or two of cleaning; have boys work in rooms and on desks, outdoors make sure new clover is watered
  • Dinner: take-out tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, serendipitous journey said:

🙂  It is kind of exciting when stuff you want to use gets out of quarantine. 

Isn't it, though? I had a stack of books and two tubes of much needed watercolor, and I've been eyeing that stack for the last few days with anticipation.

• Like 1

Morning. It's bright and sunny, but we are expecting rain to move in tonight and stay through the weekend.

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: short day, only math and art

Cooking: roast, potatoes, gravy, pie

Writing: Two chapters to revise/rewrite, reading one of my novels, personal reading, 3 query critiques.

• Like 1

Morning!  Today's stuff:

• Get to yesterday's "misses": listen to a contemporary music link; work on history of classical music; exercise all around. 
  • School: languages, math, and science (at least READ science); contact online teacher RE summer lessons
  • Home: Couple rounds of cleaning; prep. for finance "meeting" with DH and have a rough budget with goals after our meeting; hack away at Covid list I wrote yesterday; straighten out our food closet/freezer a bit and figure out good purchases as we slowly stock up on essentials; work on finance day 2, finance challenge 1, cleaning day 1 and day 2; back computer/tablet up.
  • Garden: water clover, weed, spend a few minutes planning hedge with focus on edible/bird-friendly/pollinator plants, spend few minutes planning the children's gardens, find a spot for some little food crops: we have lots of oak trees and are on the shady side of a hill, which makes it interesting, but have had luck with cherry tomatoes and also beans and salad greens.
  • Try to move from a place of joy, enthusiasm and hope.
  • Like 1

Hey All,

She has been doing school all this time I just haven't been posting it.

FLL 1 arrived today and she did 3 lessons.

Beast Academy 2 Math Puzzles.

She finished reading Little House in the Big Woods yesterday. Tonight she reads to me Little House on the Prairie 1 chapter. 

Her new Map, Charts and Graphs workbook. 

Penmanship was her poem she was to remember. 

She buddy read chapter 12 of the book of Mark from the Bible with Dad.

Memory work- books of the Bible and Bible verse.

Watched 2 episodes from the Mr. Phil Show about the book of Ephesians.

Usually she would have a monthly devotional but since church is closed we weren't able to get Aprils. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Raining today. Maybe that will help keep people in? They finally closed our state parks to camping, but day trips are still allowed.

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, linens (didn't get to those Monday due to extra laundry from weekend stuff)

School: the usual

Cooking: making some chicken strips and fried fish fillets for snacking, and I might make hushpuppies

Writing: Two chapters to revise, reading in my book, a query to revise, and I'll probably crack open my short synopsis and look at it again. Some character work. Personal reading.

Art: Dump all my paint  tubes in a basket so I can get to it easily whenever I want it. I always try to be neat and organized with it, but that's not really conducive to my creativity for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Good afternoon! 

Today's schedule: as little as possible  🙂    Keeping up with piano, some classical music history, bit of American art; lots of time outside; catch up on my lists from earlier in the week, above; exercise; dinner (roast veggies, bread rolls, and leftovers; maybe some dessert); let my thoughts wander a bit and find the shape of what of what we're moving into, get an intuition for what we should be working toward. 

• Like 1

G'afternoon! 

My brain is super spacey.  I could use some structure, and there is surely enough to do.

• Exercise
    • boys
    • me
  • School prep
    • prep next week's schedule(s)
    • incorporate MP stuff, esp. geography
    • work on memory binder
    • do my Greek
    • grade elder's Greek, both children's piano theory
    • practice a bit of piano myself -- try new technique book
  • House
    • plan week's meals
    • when to do Passover?  Friday night?
    • boys put laundry away
    • few rounds of house cleaning, incl. organizing our food
    • work on Covid chores
    • work on budget, home organization programs
  • Outdoors (where it is raining)
    • do something outside anyhow.  Pull ivy when it lightens a bit?

Well, I'll tackle some of that stuff.  It'll keep me out of trouble 🙂  

• Like 1

Good afternoon! 

Today is a get-through sort of day.  Piano; touch base in maths, languages, finish watching Pride & Prejudice with the boys (they are loving it, hurrah); exercise all around; work on new budget; plan our week, have boys make cards for our friends.  Chores, read-alouds before bed. 

Daily school this week: math, languages incl. tiny bit of French, memory work, writing, reading.  Bible. 

• Like 1