Menu

So it turns out . . . I'm still here!

Greta

Thank you all!  I really do appreciate the warm welcome back.  It's so nice to be here.

My avatar pic is a quick pencil sketch that my daughter did of me quite a number of years ago now.  Let's all just pretend that I still have the long, thick hair that I did when she drew that, okay?  🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Greta!

I'm so glad to hear from you! Thank you for the update, it is wonderful to know that your cancer has responded so well to treatment. It sounds like you and your family are making the best of a really difficult set of circumstances.

Sending many germ-free virtual hugs.

• Like 1

So happy that you came to share an update.  Today I find myself burdened with some family problems that leave my heart heavy, but your update put a much needed perspective into my stressed out brain. I needed that.  Continued prayers for you, Greta. 

• Like 1

Oh! My! Goooosh! I seriously screamed out loud to see your post, Greta! Oh my sweet merciful heavens! I have tears in my eyes reading a clear, intelligent, living, breathing post from you!!!! 

You amaze me. You are a light in dark times. May you continue to be blessed! 

💜-Danielle 

• Like 8

I’ve thought about you and prayed for you many times in the past year. Thank you so much for the update and I’m very, very happy that you are doing well. This good news has truly brought tears to my eyes! May God bless you and your family tenfold!

• Like 1

One of my close friends was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer over three years ago. She was in her early 50s, very healthy, vegan, no risk factors. ALK+. She has done well with targeted therapy, and we are so grateful she is still with us, living a quality life. Your news is wonderful.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:50 PM, Quill said:

Oh! My! Goooosh! I seriously screamed out loud to see your post, Greta! Oh my sweet merciful heavens! I have tears in my eyes reading a clear, intelligent, living, breathing post from you!!!! 

You amaze me. You are a light in dark times. May you continue to be blessed! 

💜-Danielle 

On 3/25/2020 at 4:32 PM, peacelovehomeschooling said:

And I teared up just reading your reply.

And I’m crying now, which is lovely because you are all so lovely!  I truly can’t thank you all enough for the kindness, the prayers, and the shared joy!

• Like 11

This made my day! Thank you for posting, Greta!

I can't believe it's been 19 months - I remember reading the post that Joanna wrote with my head in my hands.

Doctors may give you time frames but they are not the arbiter of life or death.  Go ahead and beat their prognosis and surprise them all!!!!!