Menu

colored paper in windows

gardenmom5

6 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

Does anyone remember the old "Helping Hand" symbol in the window? If a kid saw it, it meant that usually someone was home regularly, and you could go knock on the door for help. 

Yes!  I totally forgot about that!  I walked home a mile every day in 1st grade and memorized all the houses that had one in their window. 

8 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

Does anyone remember the old "Helping Hand" symbol in the window? If a kid saw it, it meant that usually someone was home regularly, and you could go knock on the door for help. 

I do remember that, from way back in the early 70s! I think we had star symbols instead of hands.

I like the idea BUT 

People are going to have to get more comfortable online and sharing their personal info.  I would not walk up to the door.  Neither should anyone else. What they need to do is get online with their neighbors and share their needs and their abilities to help each other. That paper is useless unless they want to write their phone number on it so they can be safely contacted?

This is one reason why I joined a lot more social media that I ever wanted to. I went from FB and Ravelry only to instragram, Snapchat, nextdoor, Twitter and plan to do more. I added more people to my phone contacts. Even though I’m still mostly on FB, should we or my loved ones need help - we are not going to be able to knock on doors to give it and I wouldn’t want to ask that of others either.

And when shelter in place arrives - their won’t be many people seeing that window paper. 

6 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

I like the idea BUT 

People are going to have to get more comfortable online and sharing their personal info.  I would not walk up to the door.  Neither should anyone else. What they need to do is get online with their neighbors and share their needs and their abilities to help each other. That paper is useless unless they want to write their phone number on it so they can be safely contacted?

This is one reason why I joined a lot more social media that I ever wanted to. I went from FB and Ravelry only to instragram, Snapchat, nextdoor, Twitter and plan to do more. I added more people to my phone contacts. Even though I’m still mostly on FB, should we or my loved ones need help - we are not going to be able to knock on doors to give it and I wouldn’t want to ask that of others either.

And when shelter in place arrives - their won’t be many people seeing that window paper. 

I searched for your Instagram but couldn't find you. Search for me and add me if you want.