Menu

AP Calc BC new format question

DD is taking AP Calc BC at home (no class) and she is not happy about the upcoming AP exam for Calc BC -- all FRQ -- no multiple choice. What is the best way to prepare for an AP exam w/ all FRQ? She has the Barron's AP Calc prep book and completed the Calc text by Finney. Apparently the BC exam is going to cover 80% of what is normally covered in the exam.

You can sign up to be an AP calculus teacher at college board.  When you do, the CB will unlock years and years' worth of old FRQs for your student to practice.  They have some new tools now that enable to create online quizzes for your daughter in various areas where she needs practice.  

When you sign up, if you select one of their pre-approved syllabi, your application will be approved pretty much automatically.  

The best way to prepare for an exam, IMO, is to practice with earlier versions of that exam.  

• Like 1

Thank you, @daijobu! I did sign up w/ College Board to be an AP Teacher for DD in the fall and they approved the syllabus. I'm a little worried about the new time for the shortened AP exams for everyone; 45 minutes will go by very quickly. I really hope College Board will release practice tests soon for the shortened AP tests. DD has been getting tutored weekly for Calc this semester, but still -- how many FRQ questions will the AP put on the Calc BC exam? I know other AP Calc students are worried about this too from what I've seen on the internet. Still, it's better than the AP exams getting canceled, so there's that.