Menu

Xpost: PSA: Audible Stories free

“For as long as schools are closed, we're open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. 

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet. 

Explore the collection, select a title and start listening. 

It's that easy.”

https://stories.audible.com/start-listen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/20/2020 at 5:16 AM, MamaSprout said:

. Are there other resources for Tween level literature that isn't out of copyright?

I use my libraries’ ebooks collection and I am thankful my local libraries have splurge on lots of newspapers and magazines subscriptions as well so I could read New York Times for example for free. 

E.g

“Libby by OverDrive gives you access to the thousands of popular eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids, teens, and adults available through the Northern California Digital Library.

Hoopla Digital is a free digital service for movies, television shows, music, eAudiobooks, comics, and eBooks.

The EBSCOhost eBooks collection covers classic literature, business, technology and other non-fiction subjects.”

• Like 1

Thanks all,

I'm trying to help another faculty member find book circle books for her now online "Elementary Literature" course. We will use some Hoopla and such if we need to, but not all of her students have access and the university just has OverDrive. The librarian is willing to buy multiple digital copies of the same titles but has asked to see if there are other options first. We've got the Audible titles and a nice selection from Gutenberg so far.