Menu

gift book recommendations for upcoming birthdays

Noreen Claire

My middle three boys (10, 7, and 5) all have birthdays in the next 6 weeks. I am in need of book recommendations for the 10 and 7 year old boys for birthday gifts. They both burn through books from the library, but I just can't figure out what to BUY for them this year. Gift giving is usually my super power, as my family and friends will attest to, but my anxiety is up lately and I'm having trouble coming up with good ideas. Both are excellent and voracious readers who usually have more than one book going at a time. 

Favorites of DS10: anything by Rick Riordan, Stuart Gibbs (Spy School series), Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl series), Gordan Korman, James Patterson, Amulet series, Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, etc. He has asked recently about reading The Hunger Games, but I'm not sure if he'll like it...

Favorites of DS7: mostly non-fiction (science, math, coding, ciphers, logic), Ben Hatke (Little Robot, Mighty Jack), Secret Coders series, Science Comics series, books on crafting and building (origami, pop-up books, Legos, etc), David Macauley, joke books, etc.