Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
2ndGenHomeschooler

Apologia Biology 3rd edition

Has anyone been able to compare the new 3rd edition of Apologia Biology that’s coming out this spring to the the 2nd edition? I don’t have the 2nd edition either but I’m trying to decide which one to purchase for next year. They supposedly have samples available that they’ll email but I haven’t received them. (I never received the samples of the new Physical science either now that I think about it.) The new edition isn’t written by Jay Wile, of course, and I’m wondering how it compares. I heard that people weren’t impressed when they replaced his Chemistry course. 

Jay Wile had done an extensive comparison and listed out the mistakes in the new Third Edition...it's been awhile since I looked for that, but you may want to try to find that. It was pages long.

eta, oops, I was thinking of chemistry! Sorry about that!

Edited by MerryAtHope

I ended up just ordering the 2nd edition by Jay Wile. I knew it was “tried and true” and I’ve read that people don’t like Apologia’s new chemistry book as much as the original by Wile. And since I couldn’t figure out actually viewing the samples, I decided to just go with the older edition. I wanted to get everything for next year here so I can start mapping out the year. 

On 3/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, MerryAtHope said:

Jay Wile had done an extensive comparison and listed out the mistakes in the new Third Edition...it's been awhile since I looked for that, but you may want to try to find that. It was pages long.

I'm thinking you are remembering the one  Chemistry.    He also did a review of 3rd edition General Science (and 2nd edition marine biology)  I'm not finding Biology review from him right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbollin said:

I'm thinking you are remembering the one  Chemistry.    He also did a review of 3rd edition General Science (and 2nd edition marine biology)  I'm not finding Biology review from him right now.

Oh goodness, sorry about that! Yes, you are right!