Menu

Day 2 - Doing what we can

Murphy101

Day 2 - My house is going to be so clean by the end of this week.  anyone who didn’t have OCD prequarantine is probably going to have it by the end. 

Today I have to drive to the chiropractor to cancel my membership. Obviously I’m not going to get adjustments for a long time. Then I have to go get a new blink light thingie for my evening walks bc mine broke.  And then I need to pickup my Walmart order that I’m praying is actually going to be there.

I tried placing an amazon order yesterday but got super ticked bc of the price gauging.  Like a box of pads that’s normally $6 was $22.

The kids are really missing daily mass.  The 8 yr old has asked repeatedly to go.  And the older kids are really feeling the loss.  So we are going to watch mass on EWTN every day.  How do people watch mass? Like do you still do all the sit/stand/kneel or just sit there and watch? It’s so weird to me.  But I guess weird is going to be the quarantine normal.

I’m stressing over whether we’ve done enough to prepare. The economic depression fallout when this is done that is nearly inevitable.  What if dh or I end up in the hospital or dead. I worry about my sons who don’t live here getting sick and being alone. Especially my son that works a grocery store. He is working himself ragged.  Alrighty. Enough of that bc I can’t do anything about that today.

I’m going to mince up all my veggies for the freezer. I don’t want to even risk anything going bad. I’m putting my trust in the utilities system staying strong here.

My husband is supposed to still go into work today even though he can work remote. His employer wants him in anyways.  The office is down to just him and 2 others in their own areas. But he is not going in today. He is going to help me with those errands instead. So yay marriage commitment wins.

I’m feeling pretty on the ball bc the Easter baskets are pretty much done. So the kids will still have that to look forward to.

• Like 5

I am working on garden planning today, I'd already planned to grow one anyway but even dh last night made a comment about it and he usually has no involvement. We are approaching our last frost date so it is getting close. I need to check my stash of seeds and see what I have and need.

eta:I also need to work on pantry organization, it needed to happen anyway but now it is a real mess.

Edited by soror
  • Like 6

My son will go volunteer at a local food program where he works regularly.  I will clean and dejunk the basement and wait to see if the school program needs me to help deliver food bags to local school kids with no transportation.  I will check my emails from work (special school for young adults 18-26 with moderate cognitive impairments) to see what they need me to do.

Then we will take a bike ride, walk, and/or do some yard work.

• Like 3

I want to garden but I’m unsure how much I can do in the next week due to rain and such. I wonder if in a week or 2 I’ll be able to have curbside pick up of things like mulch and topsoil.

Just like is love to paint the inside of the house when the weather is better but I’m not sure how feasible it will be to get paint supplies.

• Like 2

We'll start the day with school work. The kids are looking forward to doing the next Mo Willems lesson this afternoon. I'm hoping to write for an hour with my mom, D's, and anyone else who would like to join us. If the weather is nice we'll be prepping garden beds.

Household tasks that need to get accomplished are laundry, laundry, and more laundry. Plus, finishing organizing the school room. It is a huge room with TONS of stuff so it is taking longer than I thought to make it perfectly uncluttered.

I would also like to find a fun movie to watch with the kids this evening.

Dh is the only one leaving the house today since he has to work. I'm sending him to work with a thing of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes. 

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 3

I about killed myself yesterday so I need to slow down just a bit today.  I will be cleaning our bathroom  doing our taxes and the census,  

Our religious services have been cancelled until  further notice.  Our elders are working on small groups doing Skype together.  

Tomorrow is the day I buy groceries for my boss.  I will be asking him to get me a list together today so that I can do pick up instead of going into the stores.  

DH is still going into the office.  His laptop at the office is apparently not working...,which he only discovered yesterday.  He is having tech look at it in case the decision is made that he works from home.  I don’t think his employer really had time to process the Presidents recommendation yesterday.  

• Like 3

Well, foster dd has a runny nose, so everyone’s music lessons today are cancelled except one dd’s lesson is going online.  My dear friend’s wedding reception is canceled, and I canceled my trip back home for it.  I really, really didn’t want to do that—keep thinking how much of a problem would it be to drive down there and hang out with my family at home?—but I’m doing the logical thing.  I told dh I might buy a puppy and/or baby goats this weekend to console myself.  He may believe I was joking.

The plan for today is normal schoolwork, ELE exam for dd, and one Skype music lesson.  Also, finishing gathering and packing up all the rest of foster dd’s stuff for her return home tomorrow.

ETA: Almost forgot, the kids have dental checkups this morning.  

Edited by Michelle Conde
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, carriede said:

Another day of homeschool around here, with a St. Patrick/Trinity craft thrown in.

We don't pray the Rosary as a family, and I think having these empty evenings will be the perfect time to start.

If the rosary seems intimidating, maybe try for the divine mercy chaplet. That’s what was we are doing.

• Like 5

I have to drop off MIL's mail today. She just got home from AZ last Friday, so I will be dropping off and running. I don't know what we are brewing since Middle woke up with some snot, and also, who knows if MIL brought anything home. I am hoping DD's medicine will be at the pharmacy so I can do it all at once. I will also call elderly neighbor and see if she needs something while I'm out.

Cleaning goals: working on the edges of the living room; there is a lot of random stuff in corners and such, so I'm tackling those piles. I have a small pile of paperwork that I need to go through and deal with - scan and email, sign and mail, file, etc. 

School goals: Middle has her German class online this afternoon, and Oldest is working on a project for her NASA class. I don't think I'll start back up with Youngest yet as we're still dealing with lots of anxiety. I think I'll have her do some cooking with me today. Hoping to get some muffins into the freezer - we're usually more of a fend for yourself family, but with the crazy empty grocery stores, I need to know what's being eaten more than usual. 

Exercise goals: outside for a walk as it's supposed to be our last nice day for a week. 

Fun/Relaxation goals: I am working on a little house that I am turning into a gingerbread house. My goal is to assemble today; I painted last week. I need to make a plan for decorating so I can order sculpy clay to make "candies" for decoration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

Oh, and ordering my seeds and stuff.  I didn't do that yesterday, ended up with a flurry of texts in the evening.  

Yes, I probably will need to order some too and dh will buy some tomato plants on his way home from work to keep inside until it heats up enough.

________-

We are still hs'ing here too, we started at the beginning of July and only have 2 full weeks left and 3 half ones. 

We had thought about painting the house ourselves, with our increased free time that might very well be happening. We had planned some other big projects too but I don't want to spend much now or have workers here so that will wait. 

I am now doing lifting weights at home instead of the gym so that will be shortly before we start school, we'll do a walk later if the rain holds.

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

My son has physical therapy this morning (*that's* still open for some reason).  Dd18 was offered a job this week, so she went to that.  And we're doing school and then playing outside.  

Disclaimer: I'm getting ready to whine.  Feel free to quit reading!

They finally made the decision to close dd18's college campus for the rest of the semester.  We are so sad.  I mean, yes, I know it's necessary, but it still makes me sad.  She was doing so well. She had all A's and loved going!  They switched to online learning, which, I'm sorry, but it's going to be junky compared to actually working in a classroom with a teacher.  Dd18 doesn't do well with devices or virtual anything.  She barely knows how to turn on the TV in the living room.  And don't ask her to figure out how to turn on the Xbox.  I'm surprised she's able to turn on her bedroom lights.  Anyway, she was upset when they made the announcement.  And I'm upset!  Oh, well.

Whine #2.  They closed down our gyms.  Yes...yes...I understand why.  BUT.  I'm diabetic and when I started seriously working out at the gym a few weeks ago, I literally felt like it was saving my life.  I was making so much progress and I started to feel a thousand times better.  I kept telling people all week that this is the best I've felt in about 5 years!  Ugh!  Now, no gym!!  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Evanthe said:

My son has physical therapy this morning (*that's* still open for some reason).  Dd18 was offered a job this week, so she went to that.  And we're doing school and then playing outside.  

Disclaimer: I'm getting ready to whine.  Feel free to quit reading!

They finally made the decision to close dd18's college campus for the rest of the semester.  We are so sad.  I mean, yes, I know it's necessary, but it still makes me sad.  She was doing so well. She had all A's and loved going!  They switched to online learning, which, I'm sorry, but it's going to be junky compared to actually working in a classroom with a teacher.  Dd18 doesn't do well with devices or virtual anything.  She barely knows how to turn on the TV in the living room.  And don't ask her to figure out how to turn on the Xbox.  I'm surprised she's able to turn on her bedroom lights.  Anyway, she was upset when they made the announcement.  And I'm upset!  Oh, well.

Whine #2.  They closed down our gyms.  Yes...yes...I understand why.  BUT.  I'm diabetic and when I started seriously working out at the gym a few weeks ago, I literally felt like it was saving my life.  I was making so much progress and I started to feel a thousand times better.  I kept telling people all week that this is the best I've felt in about 5 years!  Ugh!  Now, no gym!!  

I share your pain. My daughter is so upset about college.   and I feel badly for her but I’m so grateful to have here her too. Dh and I have worked so hard to get fit and now our most used and effective means are slowly being cut off and eating emotions is so real it ain’t even funny. I mean the meme of Barbie before and after quarantine is funny but yet it isn’t funny at all too.

And the mood lift of exercise is going to be so vital to staving off depression and anxiety in the coming months. 

• Like 4

I decided to watch my church's first live stream from Sunday's service in the wee hours.  Maybe that grounded me a little.

My goal for the kids' school work is that they go online and find out what their online homework is for this week at least, and at least finish whatever is due today.  Also log their phys ed exercise and practice their instruments.  And hopefully organize all the piles of school stuff they brought home yesterday (they had to empty their desks and lockers for the school to clean everything).

For me, besides work and my dentist appointment, my goal is to clean the house (common areas) the point where at least it doesn't feel like we live in a pigsty.  It is amazing how fast my kids can trash a room.  Would love to get caught up on laundry too.

Hopefully we will all get some outdoor time later.  My kids have a horse riding lesson this afternoon.  Whether we'll also go to the park, I don't know.  Guess it depends on how everyone feels.  (It's supposed to be cold today.)

• Like 2

I’m going to work on the quilts for dh’s cousin’s kids, made from the clothes their late mom wore.  Then I’m going to offer to help the neighbor whose three kids are home from school. Their teachers sent home work but it’s like 20 minutes worth and she’s struggling knowing how to keep them engaged in something useful.  

I have not yet had the urge to do any deep cleaning or other organization projects, but I hope that will happen soon. You guys are getting so much done!!!

• Like 1

Goals for today:

Exercise: my usual 30 min on treadmill. Yesterday I started back with 10 min of strength training after which I don't have time for when I'm working. I'm definitely feeling the lunges today! But I'll do another 10 min today.

Cleaning: mop the wood floors. Ugh.

Outside: Take my wheelchair kid on a walk around the block. She enjoyed getting out yesterday. We have hills whichever way we go, so it's quite a workout too.

Cooking: Make peanut butter chocolate chip muffins and get some chili going in the crockpot.

School: Research ACT math topics to help youngest brush up for her retake scheduled for June. Order her an AP US history prep book.

Hobby: Get back to scrapbooking.

• Like 1

This is day 1 of the shelter-in-place order. Dh is having a Skype elder’s meeting in the family room. Dd has an online class at 10. I have a midterm at 5 and a paper due today. 

Ds’s nurse called out because her mom’s bp is elevated. 

At some point today I want to do a pilates mat workout. 

That’s about it. I think I have too much homework to do any big cleaning projects today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carriede said:

Another day of homeschool around here, with a St. Patrick/Trinity craft thrown in.

We don't pray the Rosary as a family, and I think having these empty evenings will be the perfect time to start.

I don't know how old your children are, but, at young ages, we prayed a decade a night, instead.

Grocery store run early, only thing I could run low on in the next month, except fresh food, is yeast.  None to be found.

I am bound and determined to avoid the internet today and get some cleaning done.  It was changing so fast yesterday, I couldn't keep my eyes from it. 

Crocheting and reading begun last night.  Maybe I can capture this focused energy and must come to terms with my new-found free time d/t my seasonal job loss.  Trying to think positively after yesterday's tailspin.

• Like 1

I hadn’t stressed too much given the state of things and then I called my ds this am bc I hadn’t heard from him in a couple days. And people. Omg. I asked if he was ready to bunker down. Stocked on basic supplies to last a month or so. And you know what he said? “What? Why?” So I calmly explained that the whole damn world is going into quarantine and he needs to be prepared for that  to which he said okay he’d run up to Walmart Monday when he gets paid. 🤯

Jesus have Mercy. So now I’m a bit panicked for him but trying not to be. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Murphy101 said:

I hadn’t stressed too much given the state of things and then I called my ds this am bc I hadn’t heard from him in a couple days. And people. Omg. I asked if he was ready to bunker down. Stocked on basic supplies to last a month or so. And you know what he said? “What? Why?” So I calmly explained that the whole damn world is going into quarantine and he needs to be prepared for that  to which he said okay he’d run up to Walmart Monday when he gets paid. 🤯

Jesus have Mercy. So now I’m a bit panicked for him but trying not to be. 

Oh my.  Is he close?  Can you give him somethings?  Or send him things.  Honestly I can see how that would happen.  I thank god that I was on the board when this thing started happening.  I think I read some in the  newspaper because we had a trip to Asia planned.  But I don't think the newspapers would have helped me much stay informed, as fast as this is moving to get prepared.  

• Like 1

Well, my PS boys are on Spring Break, so this is HS DD’s Spring Break as well. We were going to go on a trip but canceled it, and the weather is cold and drippy, so I have unhappy restless kids on my hands. 

I imagine that sometime before the end of the week, public school may announce an extended break, but we’ll see. In that case, next week would have more school activities  for all.

today I helped ds8 make up s list of things to do when he gets bored. Then he made origami animals and a paper airplane with videos off the internet and my help. 

I need to make a grocery list and this afternoon will go stock up for at least the week. I have plenty of non perishables and frozen meat but am out of fresh fruit and veggies because I thought we were leaving for the week.

We’ll also Tun by the library and return a video that is due. Everything else I can recheck online but videos can’t be rechecked and if it goes overdue I can’t use Overdrive to check out audiobooks and ebooks, and I have a feeling I’ll need that feature.

i am glad my older kids have been amusing themselves all morning.

• Like 2

Also - for all you who are upset about not going to the gym: So am I! I just joined one st the beginning of the month. BUT there are plenty of things you can do to to keep up your momentum at home, even without equipment. Look for yoga videos on YouTube ( I like Yoga With Adrienne) and google “body weight strength training” or similar. Also of course YouTube has cardio videos.

• Like 1

My dd came home from work. She works at a small local tea shop. They halved their dining room capacity to 25 yesterday. This morning they had too many workers. Since she's one of the few who doesn't have to depend on her income, she volunteered to go home. She told them that her parents buy her groceries and TP and pay the bills so someone else could have her hours. The owner is very worried. The women who work there are worried too, especially the younger ones who are already barely scraping by. But they aren't getting the food deliveries that they need anyway so the shop may close at some point this week anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm kind of lost. Our house officially went on the market Friday (terrible timing but it had been planned long before this hit). That means we thoroughly cleaned and decluttered in order to show it plus dh and ds have been on board about keeping it clean since we never know when it will be shown. So, cleaning or decluttering is out as a keep busy option.

We put a bunch of stuff in storage and that includes my huge stash of yarn. I did keep a small amount out in case a desire to crochet hit but on Sunday I cut my finger trimming fat from a roast and have six stitches in my right index finger. I'm left handed but it still leaves out crochet. 

I'm an avid reader and have a bunch of books on my Kindle but can't find one that holds my interest.

I'm a hobby photographer and have been teaching myself how to use my entry level dslr, so I think I'll do some of my online lessons then practice around the house and yard, Of course my right index finger is my shutter finger so I have to learn to use a different finger for the next 1-1/2 weeks until the stitches come out.

Today I'll make a grocery list to be ready for tomorrow morning. The word locally is if you get to the stores early you can find most of what you need because they restock overnight. By noon the shelves are cleared out again.

5 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Day 2 - 

Today I have to drive to the chiropractor to cancel my membership. Obviously I’m not going to get adjustments for a long time. Then I have to go get a new blink light thingie for my evening walks bc mine broke.  And then I need to pickup my Walmart order that I’m praying is actually going to be there.

I tried placing an amazon order yesterday but got super ticked bc of the price gauging.  Like a box of pads that’s normally $6 was $22.

I'll be cancelling my massage therapy and physical therapy that I receive for my back problems. The massage is a nice extra but not necessary and I can do most of my PT exercises at home. In fact the therapist has me do some at home between appointments so I just need to add others. The ones I can't do because of equipment I can adjust for home.

Did you report that seller? Amazon says they're cracking down so I would report any outrageous prices.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

We went for a walk this morning. We're almost through with school for the day. Have I mentioned that I'm thankful for YouTube videos that show simple science demonstrations? Because I'm having difficulty getting supplies for some of the things we're supposed to be doing (looking at you, rubbing alcohol), and I'm so glad we have YouTube as a backup.

I left the house to get Chick-fil-A for lunch (drive-thru, with mobile order so contact-free payment). I was gone from home for maybe half an hour. As soon as I opened the garage door, DS was coming outside to jump up and down and say "I MISSED YOU!" I guess removing one of the four people he has contact with was a bit too much social distancing for my extroverted little guy. 😄

• Haha 2

I am so tired. But I got a lot done today and somehow managed to mostly avoid people.  Walmart did have my pickup order ready and didn’t even have to make substitutions.  Costco was telling people to stay further apart and we were in and out quick.  The ditzy nurse at the dr office messed up my asthma medication order and I couldn’t get it fixed before they shut down the office and moved to no office appts anymore.  But that’s also where I’m supposed to pick up dh’s diabetic supplies tomorrow so I’m wondering how that will work.

I have that one trip out tomorrow to get the meds I’ve been waiting on, then I’m strongly hoping and planning that I will not need to leave the house for at east one whole week.  And even then I’m really hoping all I need to do weekly is replenish the pantry by sending a younger healthier grown kid through a pickup order or even have delivery.

I literally spent $1500 because we were almost empty when I started due to this falling between major stocking of the pantry schedules, and with a household of 10, plus critters, I’m pretty happy with that considering about $500 was stuff I don’t normally buy and shouldn’t need to replenish for a good 3 months. Ink, computer paper, batteries, a new 25lb food bin for my sugar bc I tripped over the bond dog and fell into the current one as I was trying to pour the sugar in it.  Normally Kleenex are my one concession to paper products other than TP. But we go through a lot due to allergies all year long and now it’s hard to find. So I bought cloth hankies for everyone.  I bought a ruku for the living room.  Artsy craftsy stuff.

My son who apparently lives under a rock came over and accused me of being full of poop craziness thinking we were going to end up like those other crazy states and the whole country like Italy.  That did not go well for him. I lost all the poo he claimed I was full of on him and he eventually saw the light.  Or at least conceded there might actually be a light. Ugh. I love that boy and he makes me so proud given how grim being the mother of an aspie used to be, but days like to today give me flashbacks of parenting him when he was 14. *shudder* But back then, we would not have ended with a mostly loving hug and I love yous. I’m taking my wins anywhere I can find them.  I sent him with a couple paper bags of staples too so he shouldn’t starve soon.  

The husband and the kids are watching a classic Batman episode based on St Patrick’s Day. I’m bra off, coffee on, reading the net and knitting cup/ice cream pint cozies.

• Like 2

Oh! And when I got on amazon today they had a 3 pk of the pads we buy for a very reasonable normal price.  Perfect. Bc apparently 3 of us are starting to sync PMS and one of us is perimenopausal and amazon did not want to mess around with that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, beckyjo said:

I have to drop off MIL's mail today. She just got home from AZ last Friday, so I will be dropping off and running. I don't know what we are brewing since Middle woke up with some snot, and also, who knows if MIL brought anything home. I am hoping DD's medicine will be at the pharmacy so I can do it all at once. I will also call elderly neighbor and see if she needs something while I'm out.

Cleaning goals: working on the edges of the living room; there is a lot of random stuff in corners and such, so I'm tackling those piles. I have a small pile of paperwork that I need to go through and deal with - scan and email, sign and mail, file, etc. 

School goals: Middle has her German class online this afternoon, and Oldest is working on a project for her NASA class. I don't think I'll start back up with Youngest yet as we're still dealing with lots of anxiety. I think I'll have her do some cooking with me today. Hoping to get some muffins into the freezer - we're usually more of a fend for yourself family, but with the crazy empty grocery stores, I need to know what's being eaten more than usual. 

Exercise goals: outside for a walk as it's supposed to be our last nice day for a week. 

Fun/Relaxation goals: I am working on a little house that I am turning into a gingerbread house. My goal is to assemble today; I painted last week. I need to make a plan for decorating so I can order sculpy clay to make "candies" for decoration.

Quoting myself at the end of the day here to review:

Got MIL's mail to her and prescription picked up. Neither she nor my next door neighbor needed anything. Nephew coming down to visit MIL this evening and he's bringing toilet paper, so she should be all set now. Surprised at the normal amount of traffic while I was out, although it is election day which could explain it. 

Cleaning goals: Did edges and tables in the living room. Kids are doing well running through our cleaning/disinfection chores morning and night, so the house is looking better than ever. Did not get to the pile of paperwork other than some things that needed filing.

School goals: All done, including muffins for the freezer. I made cereal/peanut butter bars as well.

Exercise goals: Got outside but didn't walk. Did 1 mile on the exercise bike (I know it's tiny but I am restarting from couch potato status).

Fun/Relaxation goals: Got most of the walls on my gingerbread house but not all. I read a few chapters in my book. We've been playing a dice game right after dinner. DH and I will watch Brother vs Brother on hgtv.com after kids are banished to their bedrooms.  

Anxiety a little better overall. I will use the Calm.com freebie page to relax prior to sleep.

• Like 2

We did school work.  Cleaned our rec room.

MDD started an outschool drawing class today that seems to be a bit which is good because I can't teach art at her level.

ODD free up architectural plans for a backyard playhouse she wants to build which should take up lots of time if we can get materials.  

The engineering teacher dropped off the coffee stirrer bridges they were working on so they can finish them and they can test the strength when school restarts. (Pipe dream in WA I think)

Watched Dropkicks Murphy's Livestream concert.

• Like 2

Got menu planned/shopping done. Turned in the library video and checked out books. Just in time, too. Library will be closed from tomorrow to April 6. 

I feel less anxious because I for sure have all the things (and some!) that are needed for my family in the next week or two.

• Like 1

I took my usual walk with the dog this morning, waffled about whether I was going to work or working from home, finally decided I was going in then rushed to pack a lunch and shower and dress.

Arrived at work to find ominous-looking signs on all the outside doors of the building warning people not to come in if they are symptomatic or have been exposed. 

Got to my office and found myself one of three people physically present out of a 12-person department. So, plenty of social distance available (more than I have at home, to be honest). While I miss having the rest of my team there to bounce off of (conversationally), I discovered a couple of nice things about the mostly empty office: For once, there was plenty of room in the refrigerator for my lunch. And it takes a lot longer for the supplies of Coke Zero to disappear from the mini-fridges.

Took a walk in the park at lunch, which was nice. It was a gorgeous day, and the swans I've been watching nest have hatched a couple of little grey balls of fluff. I have been told there are baby turtles around, too, but I haven't spotted any yet.

Drove home through minimal traffic and went for yet another walk with the dog.

Retrieved the last load of laundry from the dryer, and my husband folded it.

We sat down to watch tonight's Met Opera stream and had words about him not being able to figure out how turn on the subtitles and not being willing to watch without them. He wandered off to his hobby room in a huff while I watched the show.

And now I'm in bed trying to feel sleepy so I can doze off for a few hours and get up and do it all again tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

Murphy is the the MIA son?  

I tried to do grocery and Sams pick up for my boss's shopping tomorrow but there are no slots.  Not at the 3 WalMarts I tried.  Or Sams.  Or Reasors (a grocery store chain).  

No.  That one is still... not here. 😔🙏

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, rebcoola said:

We did school work.  Cleaned our rec room.

MDD started an outschool drawing class today that seems to be a bit which is good because I can't teach art at her level.

ODD free up architectural plans for a backyard playhouse she wants to build which should take up lots of time if we can get materials.  

The engineering teacher dropped off the coffee stirrer bridges they were working on so they can finish them and they can test the strength when school restarts. (Pipe dream in WA I think)

Watched Dropkicks Murphy's Livestream concert.

I read that last bit as dropdick murphy and for a split second I was insulted and confused. LOL

• Haha 5

For now, we're getting the house clean - digging through closets that have needed a good dig-through for years. We are playing games and getting to do things we haven't had time for for a long, long while. That part is nice. I love our family and it's nice to be together with so much time to spend.

The rest of it sucks. I can't fathom the number of people who will get ill from this. I worry about my parents. I worry about the in-laws. I worry about my kids. Yes, they're young - but let's just say that they inherited my puny respiratory system and it's allergy season right now so they're already sort of maxed out.

I have mentally blocked off all the things that have been canceled because my brain just cannot compute this much disappointment on top of all the worry. It's too much, it's too big.

• Thanks 1