Menu

Taking advantage of the free things the virus is bringing

redmom3

I think it’s wonderful to see so many companies/programs offering “free” plans, steams, programs in lieu of the crisis. I don’t want to take advantage of them unfairly (like a school program when my kids already have their curriculum), but I believe there are some great opportunities being offered- such as virtual field trips, the opera being streamed nightly etc that we would be amiss not to use.

I have been looking for a good exercise stream for awhile and now it seems some will offer a free two weeks!

i like the look of Scholastic’s learn At Home being offered-as my 4th grader will miss out on co-op science now.  

please share anymore opportunities you see:)

• Like 4

Posted today on FB: 

Cincinnati Ballet:  We know this is a stressful time for us all. Cincinnati Ballet will be offering online/remote classes and tutorials for our Otto M. Budig Academy students, professional dancers, and patrons. Stay tuned for more on schedule and access options. We will have more info shortly! We will also be sharing performance and rehearsal archive videos to enjoy during these challenging times. In the meantime, enjoy a "living room" ballet class taught by Principal Dancer Cervilio Miguel Amador this morning from our studios. He is one of several professional dancers providing free remote classes through @dancewearroyale on instagram. It's at 10 am EST today, so head on over to their feed for more. We will get through this together! 📷: Cervilio Miguel Amador; Swan Lake; Choreography: Kirk Peterson; Photography: Hiromi Platt

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Posted today on FB: 

Cincinnati Ballet:  We know this is a stressful time for us all. Cincinnati Ballet will be offering online/remote classes and tutorials for our Otto M. Budig Academy students, professional dancers, and patrons. Stay tuned for more on schedule and access options. We will have more info shortly! We will also be sharing performance and rehearsal archive videos to enjoy during these challenging times. In the meantime, enjoy a "living room" ballet class taught by Principal Dancer Cervilio Miguel Amador this morning from our studios. He is one of several professional dancers providing free remote classes through @dancewearroyale on instagram. It's at 10 am EST today, so head on over to their feed for more. We will get through this together! 📷: Cervilio Miguel Amador; Swan Lake; Choreography: Kirk Peterson; Photography: Hiromi Platt

Thanks! I'm going to send this info to my professional dancer who is sidelined at the moment.

• Like 2

Yes, I only hope I get time to check some of these out.

One thing I am enjoying is that my business partners believe that getting the kids and myself outside is important for our health right now (of course always, but they don't care about that).  So we've been going out and not getting as much of a guilt trip "is all your work done through the end of the year" kind of thing.  😛

4 hours ago, DawnM said:

Oh, WOW!  Thank you for posting this, @DawnM!  I know what I'm doing every evening this week.

For those of you who might be looking for a good way to introduce opera to your kids, the performance that they are streaming on Friday, Donizetti's La Fille du Régiment, is excellent.  (I own a DVD of this production.)  This production is very funny.  I won't give anything away, but there is a scene at the end that had my then-8-year-old son laughing his head off when he first saw it.  Yes, the opera is from the 19th century and you have to expect 19th century gender expections that bother us now, but if you're okay with that, it's a great opera.

• Like 1

Mo Willems is hosting lunch time scribbles 

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing ArtsLike Page

Announcing Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! (free video series) 📚

Join the Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home as Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every weekday at 1 p.m. Eastern Time to draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing—starting today! #MoLunchDoodles

• Like 2