Menu

CDC group size

gardenmom5

1 hour ago, mom2scouts said:

Did anyone else just see the President speak? The guidelines now say to reduce group size to TEN or less.

SKL, I think you're in my state. Did you watch all of the press conference? They got information in the middle of it and now it's ten people or less.

Do you mean Ohio switched to 10 or less in the middle of the press conference?  If so, I missed that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Would it just be keeping people off the streets and hope that there is not going to be violence?   

Many types of problems tend to increase at night.

Car crashes, accidents increased by tiredness , trips and falls, stairs and steps accidents often caused by darkness and tending to be worse in unfamiliar environments, drunkenness  related troubles ...

(even in our rural area, encounters with crepuscular potentially dangerous  or disease carrying mammals)

Edited by Pen

12 hours ago, Pen said:

Leaving aside CDC official jurisdiction and how they may have to word things because of USA federal and state separate sovereignty issues—

Do you really think it is good for potentially infectious but asymptomatic people from Orlando to potentially transmit virus at gatherings in Miami for non essential events — or the opposite? Or from either place to some small Florida town?  

ETA: Or even for that matter, just within a single city? Is a group gathering in Orlando somehow specially protected more than a church in South Korea? 

No, absolutely not! I think people should stay home other than grocery store, pharmacy, etc. We did a homeschool get together on Friday morning because it was outdoors, at a lake, no touching of common surfaces, only a handful of kids, able to space out, and even that we won't be doing anymore. I was just trying to say what the CDC was sayng, at the time, not what was best practices. Heck, I'm feeling guilty over a haircut I got the other day, and even that I went right when they opened, only a few people in the building (l think 5 including workers and clients), spaced apart, and I kept my hands in my lap the whole time (other than paying, and disinfected hands before getting in the car, then washed up and changed at home). I did have her cut it so it will grow out well I hope - if not and this goes on long I'll buzz cut it myself. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pen said:

Are you just commenting on CDC Powers ?

Or are you advising people to party hearty, despite what CDC (groups max 50), or President (groups Max 10), guidance suggest? 

I read my comment again and see no ambiguity, so I don't know why you're asking what I recommend.  My recommendations are no more binding than the CDC's or the President's, or yours, for that matter.