Menu

Hybrid Transcript?

I am trying to help a parent complete a transcript for her ds. He attended a private high school here in VA, but did not pass English 11 or 12. He was not allowed to return. I tutored him in both those subjects, he passed them, and he now needs a transcript to continue at the community college. I have listed two options below but would really like your input or other ideas.

1) Present a FULL transcript with the courses and grades from the private school and my two courses. The private school courses would be identified and then it would be noted that the official transcript is requested from that school.

ETA: I lean towards this option so that a cumulative gpa can be reported with the additional 2 courses.

2) Present the LIMITED transcript with my two courses only. Note that the remainder is requested from the private school.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Pamela F.

Edited by Pamela in VA

Is this student officially homeschooling in the eyes of the state?  If so, I would have a homeschool transcript with all high school classes on it (except the two Fs, which would not transfer) including the ones that you taught.   If they ask for a copy of the school's transcript, you can give it to them.