Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Harriet Vane

Help me shop? Recliner for beloved, elderly father-in-law

Anyone enjoy shopping? I am overwhelmed by all the choices and I hate shopping. I need to find a recliner for my beloved father-in-law. He is elderly and he has lots of aches and pains. He is well-to-do and can afford something nice.

Here are the specs:

• Leather
  • Power (not manual)
  • NOT rocking--the only motion we want is to recline or sit up. He is unsteady on his feet, so stability is key.
  • Tall enough to rest his head on the chair back and put his feet comfortably on the footrest. He used to be six foot but he is shrinking.
  • He likes a classic look (nailheads are nice) but he needs something CUSHY and COMFY.

Anyone care to help for fun?

Let the games begin!

Thanks!

We got a lazyboy for my dad and a similar one for my MIL. We liked that they sort of unfold when they help you up instead of just staying shaped like a chair and acting like a catapult.  

• Like 1

If he can go to a showroom to try one out that would be best.  They make them in various sizes for different heights and weights.

I don't know if this is on your list, but I highly recommend getting a chair that has power assist to help him stand up. He may not need it now, but it won't be long before he needs it. We got one for my dad and for my fil, and they thought they didn't need it, but both ended up really needing it to just stand up. 

• Like 1