Menu

On the positive side...

Right?! I have one that goes to school and two that homeschool. I bought a used math book last weekend for the kid-in-school so that when school is inevitably canceled, I'll have math for him. I can pretty easily fold him into everything else the siblings are doing. And there's no way the homeschoolers are going to have no school for weeks on end if we're all in this house together. The show must go on! 

12 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

with co-ops cancelling classes and kids' schools and activities being suspended, being an at home, do-it-yourself homeschooler means "we are happy to inform our students that classes will continue as normally scheduled." 😉

I have always told my kids they can have a snow day when there is measurable snow blocking their path to the kitchen 😀 The last couple of days haven’t exactly been business as usual around here because every trail life/choir/AHG/church/swim anything has been rescheduled then canceled within the last two days.  They even canceled my daughter’s 5:30 morning swim practice at 5:15 after confirming it was on last night.  We were back to business as usual today until my daughter got an email from the library where she works at 4:00 that the library was closing at 5:00 until April 6th.  We dropped everything and drove to the library to check out a month’s worth of books in 30 minutes.  One must have all necessary emergency supplies.

With all the free time they will have from swim and other evening activities being canceled until after Easter, my son was calculating how many lessons of math per day he would have to complete to finish his Algebra book by Easter,  We canceled our DC trip in April and are planning to take our long vacation when this all blows over.

• Like 3

We made sure to get in two museum/aquarium visits within the last two weeks, because I guessed that this was coming. With DS5's speech therapy now cancelled, we can get in some extra school-type stuff in on Wednesdays (we usually only do math, logic, and read literature) so that when everyone else goes back to school we can ditch and go to the beach!

Though, with DH home for the next two weeks (at least), it will be a bit harder to run school around here. Let's hope he has a project he wants to work on, by himself, in the garage... 

• Like 1

I have always told my kids they can have a snow day when there is measurable snow blocking their path to the kitchen

One of these winters they'll call your bluff and fill your hallway with snow. If they're feeling generous, they'll lay down a tarp first!

• Haha 2

On 3/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, Mom2mthj said:

I have always told my kids they can have a snow day when there is measurable snow blocking their path to the kitchen 😀

Mine would definitely find a way to make that happen.  I would not be amused 🙂

• Like 1

We are involved in many activities and clubs through scouts and involved with our dance studio and church. I can only describe us as shell shocked fight now. Both were supposed to work all this week in their jobs at daycamps for spring break. Dd17 worked full-time over the summer  and spring break last year. 

The graduation ceremony at our convention is probably not going to be a possibility. I've been so looking forward to it.  

But school can carry on. We'll adjust.

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Sad 1

Our house is cleaner bc I am not driving to activities. I really deep cleaned a lot yesterday bc I normally have to drive across town twice.  I gained several hours in my day.

Gas bill will be a lot lower. 

Sad bc daily Mass is no longer an option, though. Glad we went this morning. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Our house is cleaner bc I am not driving to activities. I really deep cleaned a lot yesterday bc I normally have to drive across town twice.  I gained several hours in my day.

Gas bill will be a lot lower. 

Sad bc daily Mass is no longer an option, though. Glad we went this morning. 

Same here on the house. We were taking a spring break because of the kids' jobs this week anyway, so I'm still not doing much school this week while we deal with practicalities and adjust here. But I think I'm going to gain time for more read alouds too which I'm looking forward to. Definitely I'm doing small projects around the house already, things I don't usually get to focus on until summer break. So that should clear up time in summer for other things.