Menu

What's with the ads?

Calizzy

*FUNNY* homeschool and coronavirus

1 hour ago, Calizzy said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/homeschoolers-to-continue-quarantining-themselves-from-everything-like-alwa

This website is satire and conservative. This article gave me a laugh, especially about the cardboard in the toilet paper rolls 🙂

I don't think it's funny. It's probably the dumbest, most outdated attempt at homeschool humor that I've heard since the 1980s. It's insulting and ignorant.

The Babylon Bee is written by conservative Christians and often pokes fun at conservative Christians. Sometimes I agree with them; sometimes I don't, but this is just in-house humor. I'm not offended. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

I don't think it's funny. It's probably the dumbest, most outdated attempt at homeschool humor that I've heard since the 1980s. It's insulting and ignorant.

Eh? It’s particular funny because the spouses of some of the writers actually homeschool.  I admit I laughed hard when I saw the headline, having heard almost an identical sentiment said rather unironically from a real life homeschooling mom 😆

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Eh? It’s particular funny because the spouses of some of the writers actually homeschool.  I admit I laughed hard when I saw the headline, having heard almost an identical sentiment said rather unironically from a real life homeschooling mom 😆

Well, something being funny is definitely subjective. Everybody knows what Babylon Bee is; it's not un-funny to some of us just out of ignorance of the context. 🙂

Just now, Lang Syne Boardie said:

Well, something being funny is definitely subjective. Everybody knows what Babylon Bee is; it's not un-funny to some of us just out of ignorance of the context. 🙂

You are vastly overstating this, I think.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

Well, I live in a red state in the Bible belt...it's a limited view of "everybody," I'll agree.

Count me as one who found it funny, and I am one of those conservative Christians they are parodying.  If the shoe fits...my son was never allowed to watch Sponge Bob, but I can honestly say that we missed the instructions about making crafts from toilet paper rolls!

Thanks for the link.  I sent it to a couple of friends.  I needed a laugh.

Editing to add that I just proved my point about being sheltered!  I mentioned Sponge Bob instead of The Simpson’s...  I truly can’t tell the difference!

Edited by Hadley
  • Like 3

I think it's funny. I also think this applies to introverts! You won't see me complaining about the cancelling of social gatherings! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DesertBlossom said:

I think it's funny. I also think this applies to introverts! You won't see me complaining about the cancelling of social gatherings! 

My introverted friend posted “THIS IS THE MOMENT I’VE BE TRAINING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!” 😖🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought it was funny and posted it on my Facebook page. Yes, it's full of outdated stereotypes. It's also satire. I love the Babylon Bee because it makes me laugh almost every day.

• Like 2

Dd16 and I both laughed--especially about the toilet paper tubes.

I'm not familiar with Babylon Bee.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Yes. Snopes has needed to "debunk" satire stories posted on the Babylon Bee more than once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Yes. Snopes has needed to "debunk" satire stories posted on the Babylon Bee more than once. 

Which cracks up Seth and Adam to no end 🤣

• Like 2