Menu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

Okay, so this isn't COVID, but it is a 2020 thing. The songs make me laugh like memes, so does that count?

Have you heard of bardcore? It's basically medieval covers of modern songs. I'm kind of loving it. Choosing and rhyming the lyrics in  Old English is cleverly done.

The chorus of Jolene just cracks me up. "I beg of thee pray take not my Lord."

Another fave:

We're studying medieval history this year, so I got excited to show my dc and they were all, "yeah mom, I've seen that."

"They did a Shakira one."

"I saw it a long time ago."

I feel like my dc are becoming jaded. These magical pop culture/serious studies connections are no longer special but de rigeur. 😄

• Haha 5
5 hours ago, SusanC said:

We're studying medieval history this year, so I got excited to show my dc and they were all, "yeah mom, I've seen that."

"They did a Shakira one."

"I saw it a long time ago."

I feel like my dc are becoming jaded. These magical pop culture/serious studies connections are no longer special but de rigeur. 😄

Aw, what a let-down! I had to go find the Shakira one. No lyrics, but the music was fun. The earliest bardcore I've found is from June of this year, but I guess that's a long time ago for my kids too. Ha!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

Sorry, I just needed to get away from it all... so more memes from me today... 

plot-holes.jpg

They just caught a queen.   They filled the tree with foam.  The scientists were all wearing bunny suits.  I'll see if I can find the link when I'm not holding the baby. 

eta: this is an updated story to finding the nest.  when it was first found, they said there were two queens. (which is bad.)
They then examined what they found inside the nest (after killing them.)

there were 200 queens. . . . .  😨😰 - that would have been very 2020.  . . 

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, Alte Veste Academy said:

(Apparently, the secret is to put the end between your palms and rub back and forth.)

Thanks for that tip. I usually bring my reusable produce bags but when I forget them or buy some impulse produce I have to fight with the plastic bags. 😁

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

OMG! This is me! I now take my oldest, who has a gift at opening the bags. (Apparently, the secret is to put the end between your palms and rub back and forth.)

In the produce section I just touch the item I was going to put in my own bag anyway since it is usually wet from being sprayed. I don't use bags for most fruit since most of it I skin anyway so I bag lettuce, radishes, cilantro, etc.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

OMG! This is me! I now take my oldest, who has a gift at opening the bags. (Apparently, the secret is to put the end between your palms and rub back and forth.)

I touch another piece of produce that has been misted so that my fingers have enough "grab" to get the bag open.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Lady Florida. said:

FB_IMG_1605716108587.jpg

Okay. I laugh but seriously? A teeny squirt of the hand sanitizer does the same as licking your fingers and just about everyone has an itty bottle of it on them these days. My Dh looked at me like I grew two heads when I did it. He was all “the struggle has felt so real and then you just do that!” 

Told him that’s why men should have purses too and why women’s clothing without pockets is stupid. Lol

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
22 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

This is an epic & hilarious mask.  I hope the link to this video works.. Couldnt figure out how to get it to work any other way.

Duck Mask

https://www.facebook.com/ecododoneed/videos/702892370341451

More important - where can you  buy them!?!?

21 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:
  23 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

This is an epic & hilarious mask.  I hope the link to this video works.. Couldnt figure out how to get it to work any other way.

Duck Mask

https://www.facebook.com/ecododoneed/videos/702892370341451

More important - where can you  buy them!?!?

https://dodoneed.com/products/duck-talking-face-cover?fbclid=IwAR1lp69Sge4kIdhQLShN6AxZ4IKkLWvi52LwH1Gs7fEiabbt_KvtTMgYl4E

ANNNDDD    .  If you buy more than one, there are discounts.