Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• work

That is literally all I have in me today.  It has been a weekend! 😩

But it is enough.  It has to be.  I can't do more.

While I am at work I will be doing a couple of personal calls and making appointments, etc....

I had wanted to work on my National Board paper and start exercising.  I will try today, but I am not even putting it on my to-do list.  It is a hope and a prayer at this point.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Stayed up too late and am so tired today!

Carpool   

Check in with dd about school. Make sure she finds a ride to rehearsal for tomorrow.   

Work on moving back in to our house. Unpacking, wash sheets, make beds.   

Get the dog  

Grocery  

Tutoring prep  

Dinner?!?  

Pick up Ds from school  

Tutor two students  

Scouts  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Good morning!

I also stayed up way too late, forgot to set my alarm, and it is pitch dark and pouring rain. Boo to daylight savings time!

• office work - work on my bill pile
  • put away laundry
  • change a light bulb in kitchen
  • straighten up messy garage
  • refill dog food bins
  • vacuum
  • menu plan for the week
  • dinner: cauliflower wings and salad
  • Like 6

Jean, how is your ankle? 

It was a good weekend getting to see dd and my daddy. 

The usuals are done, ds is at work, and I've started laundry. 

• pick ds up for lunch and take him back 
  • tutor 3 students
  • laundry
  • tidy house
  • make dinner while dh takes ds to swim
  • look over tutoring for tomorrow
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 7

Good morning! dh, dmil and ds3's "once in a lifetime" trip was cancelled last night.  Everyone is so disappointed- dh is the one who will be dealing with refunds, etc. We still think that it will end up costing $$.

Dd2 has a wicked head cold. So she will stay home most of the day- no need to infect the school. No fever- so she will probably go to practice later- she can swim with the people who gave her the cold.

• coffee/paper
  • call to excuse dd2
  • school with ds3
  • clean house/kitchen
  • meeting at 11
  • ds3 to tennis
  • read a little
  • sew a little
  • pick up ds3
  • salmon for dinner

Have a great day!

• Sad 7

Jen, I'm so sorry they can't go and you may lose money! 

Our church had a trip to Israel that has been cancelled. They are actually getting full refunds. The airline is who cancelled. Everyone is so disappointed.

It was actually a trip that dh was supposed to lead last year, and our new pastor came right after planning had begun. He insisted on changing it to this year to give people more time to save the money, but it put it during a  week dh couldn't take off from school. If they reschedule, maybe he'll be able to go. 

• Like 6

It's Spring Break for me, so I have kind of vegged for the last two days. Today I plan to:

Work in my classroom-done

Make taco soup for dinner-done

Clean the floors

Clean both bathrooms

Do a load of laundry

Cancel a dentist appointment-I need to find one in network

Find a spot for the coffee beans and peanut oil I stocked up on-found homes for everything else

Edited by Math teacher
update
  • Like 8

Good Morning!   After two days being not stiff by sleeping on a quite soft mattress, I came back home and woke up so stiff, I had to get dh to help me out of bed.  I think today will be a high steroid day.  But I did find my car key, my travelling med holder, and my phone and charger.  I am good.

done

• coffee, meds, breakfast, getting dressed

To do

• Coumadin clinic appointment
  • gardening- plant tulips I got yesterday at the Tulip Festival and remove excess pine needles that lawn people put down
  • check on status of my car's repair
  • Do bible study
  • taxes
  • put away clothing and other items from trip
  • put away extra supplies for cleaning, etc
  • make list for 2 week meals for quarantine precaution
  • prep dinner
  • watch some show (s)
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 7

Good morning, all! 

It's spring break for us, so I'm not entirely sure what today will look like.  We may go up to the college and get DS19's stuff out of his dorm; we'll have to see. DS22 is feeling tired/fatigued/sick, so not sure if we'll try and manage it w/o him, or wait until later this week when everyone's better (DS15 has a sore throat as well, so...ah, and just came down, and he's got a very low grade fever too, so for sure he'll be staying home....). 

So, my list (which is more or less my list for the whole week, really): 
...maybe go move DS19's stuff out of his dorm, go online and officially w/draw him if so
...get the laundry caught up. For real. Make the people all help. TODAY. Period. 
...sew -- I got a LOT done over the weekend; finished all the blocks, and got 5 of 11 rows created. 
...organize the pantry? it's a hot mess in there
...mix up some spray bottles of diluted bleach for cleaning surfaces; most places here are out of cleaning wipes, cleaners, etc. and we're down to one thing of the clorox wipes, so....
...refill my bottles of hand soap 
...work on school stuff -- I got 1st grade sorted for Monday, need to do K prep, and need to help DS15 with some of his history stuff
...check on my grandma (my aunt/uncle are down, so probably this is covered)
...lunch: leftover caldo from last night; dinner: bratwurst
...whatever else pops up

I did make a menu plan for the week, and we grocery shopped, so that's all good. DH is staying home all week (we were planning to go out of town Tues-Thurs, but with 2 semi-sick, not now), so we'll likely do some local fun stuff, as people are well enough to do so. Otherwise, add in "keep DH from going so stir-crazy that he drives us all bonkers" to my list 😉 He did plant a tree yesterday, and has several more he wants to plant, so that will at least give him stuff to do and ways to keep the boys busy so he won't feel like they're just sitting around playing video games all day. 

A relatively flexible week, though. 

• Like 6

Our kitchen reno is starting today, so we spent the weekend packing up everything. When we have to relocate every item, from big stockpot to tiny toothpicks, I always wonder why we own so many things!! We've moved five times in 20 years. I told DH that since we have the kitchen all packed, we might as well move again instead of unpacking (kidding). At least it will be more fun to unpack in a few weeks than it was to pack -- I will enjoy my new cabinets. These old ones were in poor shape. I told myself once that I would never buy a house that needed a kitchen remodel. I guess I need to listen more when I speak to myself. DD14 texted me from school to say she wishes she could be here to smash cabinets.

DH is working from home and taking up the downstairs study while making phone calls, so I have retreated to our bedroom to be out of the way of the workers. I'm looking around and realizing I should clean while I'm up here.

✔️Kids off to school
✔️Took dog to day boarding
✔️Finished last minute kitchen clear out after breakfast
✔️Grocery run to get a few things plus pick up a prescription
✔️Tidied downstairs bath, in case workers need it. Though tidy is not the right word, since we have stashed trash cans and dog dishes in there to get them out of the kitchen
✔️Vacuum and dust my bedroom
✔️Put away some laundry
Consider whether to tackle some closet sorting while I'm up here. Probably not, but I can be ambitious in my thinking
At 2:00 and then 2:45, two kids will arrive home. May offer to take them to the library to get away from work zone, but I'm guessing they won't want to
✔️4:30 pick the other two up from track practice
✔️5:45 drop DD14 at gym for tumbling practice
✔️6:00 awards banquet at DD18's school. Making the boys go to support their sister, because we can all eat pizza there, which solves the problem of making dinner with no kitchen
✔️8:00 pick up DD14 at gym. Hopefully awards at school will be done. Maybe take two cars, just in case?
✔️Pick up dog before 9pm
Oversee homework sometime in there, if the kids have any.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Storygirl said:

Our kitchen reno is starting today, so we spent the weekend packing up everything. When we have to relocate every item, from big stockpot to tiny toothpicks, I always wonder why we own so many things!! We've moved five times in 20 years. I told DH that since we have the kitchen all packed, we might as well move again instead of unpacking (kidding). At least it will be more fun to unpack in a few weeks than it was to pack -- I will enjoy my new cabinets. These old ones were in poor shape. I told myself once that I would never buy a house that needed a kitchen remodel. I guess I need to listen more when I speak to myself. DD14 texted me from school to say she wishes she could be here to smash cabinets.

DH is working from home and taking up the downstairs study while making phone calls, so I have retreated to our bedroom to be out of the way of the workers. I'm looking around and realizing I should clean while I'm up here.

✔️Kids off to school
✔️Took dog to day boarding
✔️Finished last minute kitchen clear out after breakfast
✔️Grocery run to get a few things plus pick up a prescription
✔️Tidied downstairs bath, in case workers need to use it. I guess tidy is not the right word, since we have stashed trash cans and dog dishes in there to get them out of the kitchen
Vacuum and dust my bedroom
Put away some laundry
Consider whether to tackle some closet sorting while I'm up here. Probably not, but I can be ambitious in my thinking
At 2:00 and then 2:45, two kids will arrive home. May offer to take them to the library to get away from work zone, but I'm guessing they won't want to
4:30 pick the other two up from track practice
5:45 drop DD14 at gym for tumbling practice
6:00 awards banquet at DD18's school. Making the boys go to support their sister, because we can all eat pizza there, which solves the problem of making dinner with no kitchen
8:00 pick up DD14 at gym. Hopefully awards at school will be done. Maybe take two cars, just in case?
Pick up dog before 9pm
Oversee homework sometime in there, if the kids have any.

Hope your kitchen remodel goes well🌺

• Like 7

Hi guys, happy Monday.  Been kinda busy doing everything but work ....

• Was up most of the night watching crime documentaries again.  😕
  • Slept maybe 2 hours.
  • Reviewed math homework.
  • Kids up & off to school bus, about a minute late.  😕
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Completed & put away a load of laundry.
  • Texted kids' driver re this week's schedule.
  • Texted friend mom to invite kid to see Shen Yun with us.
  • Called high school counselor (2x) and music director re 2020-21 schedule stuff.
  • Emailed 2 summer camps re changes due to schedule conflicts I just discovered.
  • Emailed kids' teacher re zoo crew program (kid didn't get picked in the lottery).
  • Fed the bird.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • Finishing 2nd cup of coffee.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Daily exercise.
  • More reading, more coffee.
  • Might drive to high school to pick up info pack re 2020-21 band.
  • Supervise homework, music practice, AHG stuff.
  • Cook dinner?
  • Purge kid stuff?
  • Whatever else gets done.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Coffee!

Looks like we had a lamb last night as there is a pile of mucky towels in the back porch. Dh hasn't come in, so I can't ask.

laundry is started--towels, my stuff, work clothes, and lamb towels today

Cub Scouts tonight--I think I'll bring ds's breastplate to show them. We have OA elections this evening for the troop, if the boy brings his records. I spent hours getting the stuff ready for the election--new forms, videos, etc.

Traditional Hairpipe Breastplate Kit

walk

vacuum greenhouse and then water. It's a mess

read

write kids

grocery and WM runs--ugh!

eta: figure out when we can meet for the new school

work on Scout awards. I need folks to send stuff in!

digitize two Eagle apps, get them verified, and get records so we can do Eagle Boards!

Margaret, what is that made of? And what is it for? I've never seen anything like that before.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

It's for Order of the Arrow regalia. We got the kit from Crazy Crow. SOME day, I'll finish the headdress--some day... https://www.crazycrow.com/native-american-breastplate-kits/traditional-hairpipe-breastplate-kit We couldn't afford real hairpipe. 

This is one of the kits we'll have the Scouts do for the merit badge day we're planning in April: https://www.crazycrow.com/choker-kits/native-american-chokers

Very cool! I had to look up what hairpipe is. I guess autocorrect has never heard of it either, because it keeps changing it to hairpin!🙂

• Like 4

Done with:

Laundry load #1

Folded a load, too

Cleaned kitchen

Tidied up the garage

Restocked kleenex

Restocked fridge with beverages

Went over some real estate paperwork with dh

Did horse chores in the pouring rain (but stayed dry thanks to my awesome Carhartt slicker!)

No hay delivery today - too wet

• Like 5

My house is chaos. So.much.work. It will take all week to get it back to normal bc I have to do regular life things too. 

Oh, and our stove had some kind of an electrical meltdown and needs repair immediately. 

So I am living at the house with the dog, trying to do all the work that our insurance would have paid to have done (if dh had given correct instructions to the movers).

I've eaten lunch. Don't really want to shower while the contractor is here, so on to tutoring prep while keeping the laundry moving. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Decided to make soup for dinner since it is such a gray and chilly day, so I'm working on that now. I'm using a Bob's Red Mill soup mix to make ginger and onion whole grains and beans soup. First time I've tried one of these mixes and I hope it turns out well.

• Like 4

I have managed to:
...sew; 3 more of the 6 rows are now done, 3 left to go, then put the rows together, then layer & quilt. That part will come after some other small things I have a deadline for (the layering and quilting part, I mean)

...lunch with the family

....napped.

....went with DH and DS and packed/moved his dorm stuff home, unloaded it, put away the pantry items; now "organize pantry" really does have to happen tomorrow or soon

....cooking dinner: oven-roasted beets & grilled bratwurst

...after dinner, we'll watch something? play a game? hang out? boys will video game and I will sew?? Not sure. 

• Like 4

Ds3 to tennis and back.

dd2 is doing the live chat with the nurses at Kaiser.  The best thing about teens getting older is that they do this stuff themselves. 

Verdict: just a cold- easier to take from a nurse rather than a mom.

Next up: watch the final Batchelor with dd2 and have dinner- salmon pasta for 3 of us and chicken for dd2.

• Like 3

All done for today. 

I'm home with the dog. Sleeping in Dd's bed bc it's the only one made so far.

I found my electric kettle and made a nice cup of hot tea. 

Last load of laundry (sheets) is running. 

Read for just a bit before bed. I'm wiped out. 

The silly dog is looking at me like "Why are you here?" He wants dd. 

• Like 2