Menu

What's with the ads?

happysmileylady

Time change....love/hate

I just looked at the time on my laptop, 11:10pm   *sigh*

That's just NOT what I thought it was.  

I had plans for the morning.  Realizing it's so late....that it doesn't feel like....I am not sure those plans will be realized.

I love having the sun go down later.

I hate the adjustment.

• Like 2

Hate.  Wish they’d keep standard time all year. 

• Like 6

Until a few years ago, Indiana didn't have time change.  Then they did.  And having lived with time change for a while now.....srsly, I wish I could go back to no time change.

Dragging my kids outta bed tomorrow is gonna be hella rough.

Maybe I will bribe them with a walk around the block.  That's likely to get them out of bed with little complaint.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am so tired of the time changes. Why don't they just split the difference and be done with it?!? Seriously.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pen said:

I hate it too but rather than keep standard time, I wish we could have day light savings time all year long.  I NEVER have a use for more light in the morning but I always appreciate it at the end of the day.

• Like 4

Listen, we could argue for years about whether to stick with standard time or daylight time, but in the end I'll gladly take ANYTHING if it gets us out of switching clocks! Let's compromise at halfway between both.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

I love more light later in the day. Happy to be on DST. 

I agree!

But, I hate the changing back and forth. I’d like to keep DST year round. 

• Like 1

Keep one or the other, but the switching sucks.

Every spring, I am so glad when it is finally not dark anymore when I get up in the morning - and then, bam!, they make us switch and it's dark again. So disappointing.

• Like 9

I spent the first 45 years of my life in AZ and every day of it was on standard time. I miss it.  It was sensible.  This last year and a half is like living in an asylum the crazy people run when the time switches. What the heck?  You don't change time.  It runs eternally the same way every minute of every hour, every day, and every year until you die.  You either adapt to it or you don't, but there it is.  Don't like how dark it is? Turn on a light. We have the technology. You can even buy an alarm clock that has a light built in that mimics sunrise if that helps you.  My ancestors from Norway managed to live for many millennia with much more dark in the winter than the summer and some of their descendants are still there, thriving. You can do it, America!  You can adapt to standard time and live a full, thriving life. I believe in you!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

It messes with my circadian rhythm and it took me long enough to get it adjusted after working evening hours till midnight a couple of years ago. Decide which one to keep and leave it alone!

• Like 1

We had to be up very early on Sunday, and I fell asleep several times during the day and early evening.  Now I'm wide awake, when I should be asleep. Monday is going to be hard.

Grew up to in Arizona, blissfully unaware that time change was a thing until I was 15 and we moved to NC.

Hate, hate, HATE the time change and its aftermath! I don't care what solution is chosen, but for heaven's sake pick one!

• Like 1

I vastly prefer standard time, but I'll take either one or happily split the difference -- if we could just leave it alone!!

• Like 1

I prefer daylight savings time and wish they would keep it this way all year. I hate adjusting to the changes. I teach online so DST means I get to sleep a bit later. 

• Like 2

I don't mind the time change.  I just get tired of making sure I remember that it is happening, so I get to places on time.   My kids haven't ever had trouble with it. We even woke up really early yesterday to get to dance rehearsal and no issues.  

I hate the time change. It doesn't even matter to me which way we are changing the clock, it messes with my circadian rhythm and I feel horrible for weeks. I love DST and the longer days. In the winter it's dark so early that I just want to go to bed at 6pm, but that's when all the evening activities are starting. Sorry, Homeschool Mom in AZ, turning on a light just doesn't do it for me. The lack of sunlight is a real problem for those of us who live where winter is very cold and very dark. I do use a sunrise alarm clock and that has changed my life. My ancestors were from Scandanavia and I'm happy they didn't stay there. LOL! While I'd much prefer DST to Standard time, I'd agree to either if they'd just pick one and leave it alone.

• Like 2

I'm team DST. I like to be able to have a walk in the evening when DH is home, so DST is my jam. I might feel differently as an empty-nester, or even when my kids are all old enough to be left alone. 

• Like 1

I hate time change too.  I contact my representative every year about it.  It seems like the idea of not having it is picking up steam so there is hope!

• Like 1

I love having more light. I hate losing the hour in the winter. We should not do a time change, but stay this time all year long.

I wish--and I know computers could make this work!--that a particular time (say, 6:15 AM) could be pegged to sunrise for each major metro area, and the clocks could adjust their appropriate minute or whatever during the night.

Dark mornings make me want to stay in bed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

I wish--and I know computers could make this work!--that a particular time (say, 6:15 AM) could be pegged to sunrise for each major metro area, and the clocks could adjust their appropriate minute or whatever during the night.

LOL, only problem with that is people who work overnights. When I worked overnights, time changes either made it difficult for the computer to allow people to take breaks when they are suppose to (at a major, very well know and ubiquitous chain store) or you got shorted an hour of work time. Twice a year of that nonsense was bad enough, I don't want to imagine having to deal with it every night! LoL if that solution comes to be, I'm glad I don't work overnights anymore!

15 hours ago, Pen said:

So would I but I live far enough south that I don't have to deal with early darkness in winter. While I'd prefer year round standard time I'd gladly accept year round daylight saving time if it would keep us from changing the clocks twice a year.

we're on the 47th parallel - so yes, I appreciate having more daylight during actual day time hours in the winter.  (it's bad enough going to work in the dark - and coming home in the dark.)n then having more daylight during the evening.  (at the summer solstice - sunset is just before 10pm.) as opposed to early in the morning before more people are even out of bed.   (i'd rather have that 6am than 5am sunrise.)

Edited by gardenmom5

16 hours ago, Pen said:

I wish they’d keep DST all year. 😬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Who needs computers? You just want to bring back sundials!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Omg, I am FINALLY feeling like I might be starting to reset my internal clock.  A little.  We didn't eat dinner until like 7:30 last night because I started it so late (that's one of those things that gets really messed up for me...just knowing when to start dinner lol).

But, I was able to fall asleep a little earlier finally, so I actually got some good sleep, and getting up this morning was a bit easier.  Though, still not at 5/5:30am.  And, the kids are still not reset.  They got out of bed when I got them up, came out and turned on their tv, then promptly fell back asleep on the floor of the playroom lol.  

I love looking up from the dinner table and saying look! The sun hasn’t set yet! Now if the stupid snow and ice will just disappear.

We are still not adjusted. It's always right at Tuesday night after springing ahead that I'm really annoyed because DS can't fall asleep, and I can't either. (DH is not affected. Of all the genes a kid ought to get from Daddy...)

My adjustment has been smooth this week, it really helps to be increasing my sleep. I love the extra light in the evening for the kids to play.