Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I am at a lovely bed breakfast and the poster bed is softer than dh likes. But for me it was perfect.  I woke up not stiff at all and my Fitbit rated me sleep as excellent for the first time since I bought it in July.  

It is strange being here w/ just dh.  I lived here for 2.5 months when dh attended SOS (squadron officer school).  It was the place I first homeschooled and the place I first got a correct diagnosis of my first diagnosed AI disease, Sjogren's Syndrome. In 25 years. It has changed a lot-  mostly for the better.

To do

Meds, breakfast

Wetumpka crater

Ft. Toulouse/Jackson

Jasmin Hill Gardens

• Like 6

• Work on National Boards paper.  At least get documents I need and get a general idea of what my thesis is.  I did nothing last weekend and am behind.  I have had to say no to a lot of social events to get on this.  It is due in May and I have a lot of other things going on in May.  
  • Clean kitchen  
  • Grocery shop  
  • We are doing Fondue this weekend, not sure if it will be tonight or tomorrow- we are doing it tomorrow
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

I am at a lovely bed breakfast and the poster bed is softer than dh likes. But for me it was perfect.  I woke up not stiff at all and my Fitbit rated me sleep as excellent for the first time since I bought it in July.  

It is strange being here w/ just dh.  I lived here for 2.5 months when dh attended SOS (squadron officer school).  It was the place I first homeschooled and the place I first got a correct diagnosis of my first diagnosed AI disease, Sjogren's Syndrome. In 25 years. It has changed a lot-  mostly for the better.

To do

Meds, breakfast

Wetumpka crater

Ft. Toulouse/Jackson

Jasmin Hill Gardens

Sounds nice! 

• Like 5

Good morning! It is going to be a lovely spring day. I am going to do things outside and run errands.

• coffee/paper
  • plant some seeds (winter sowing- in milk jugs)
  • clean out front beds
  • shop to see if they can repair my earring
  • library
  • get a few things for ds2's birthday box
  • ds3 to tennis
  • sewing room- need to cut out a couple of test patterns
  • pick up ds3
  • grilled chicken tonight? dh is in charge

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning!

• lots of horse chores today - shovel manure, fresh bedding for stalls, scrub water buckets
  • farrier appt. this afternoon - remember to give Snorri his meds beforehand
  • still need to unpack Chewy boxes & put everything away
  • water plants & check microgreens
  • wash & prep salad greens
  • roast mushrooms
  • puppy training
  • dinner: leftovers
  • Like 5

Happy Saturday!

Update on yesterday - we did drop off donation items to 3 different locations.  My hallway is clean for the first time in I-don't-know.  Wonder how long it will stay that way ....

Today - done:

• Kid2 up and off to horse riding.
  • Working on coffee2.
  • Caught up on calendar, emails, news, and social media.
  • Finished about 1/3 of my daily exercise stuff.
  • Packed some hand-me-downs for nieces.
  • A little reading.
  • Waking Kid1 up now to get ready for TKD.  (It's a process.)

To do:

• Review TKD forms online & practice them.
  • All 3 of us to TKD class.
  • Get ready for kids' friend to come over.  (Kids should wash up and straighten their rooms.)
  • Friend visit - I don't know how long.
  • AHG badge work.
  • Homework.
  • Finish transferring over to my "new" computer.  (I am now primarily working on it and getting used to it.)
  • Various client work.
  • Maybe a load of laundry & some house cleaning.
  • Maybe read and/or watch some shows together in the evening.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 7

Good morning! 

So far this morning I have:
...had coffee
...watched TV with DH

I still need to:
...get up, get dressed, etc.
...we are going to MIL's house for lunch so leave shortly
...visit MIL
...come home, cereal/"fend for yourself" for dinner
...prep next week's school stuff (this coming week is spring break, but the week after needs prepped)
...send those assignments to one family who requests to have it now vs later
...check on another family to see how they are doing
...watch Knives Out with the family
...sew while the guys video game; I never got to that yesterday
...more laundry -- I have a LOT waiting to be put away, and a little (2 loads) to wash still
...bed, don't forget to set the clocks forward

• Like 4

Cleaned the kitchen, dishwasher is running

Emptied main floor garbage cans

Restocked post it notes - need to order more

Cut up a pineapple

Cleared off kitchen table (lots of trade show stuff that had been sitting there for days)

Did a load of laundry

Watered plants and discovered my prayer plant is blooming (major excitement for a plant nerd like me - they are finicky and don't usually bloom when grown indoors)

Made a pitcher of tea and did not pour down drain 

• Like 4

Gorgeous spring day here. Daffodils and tulips are beginning to poke up and there are huge flocks of geese flying north.

Got all the manure shoveled. Dh helped with the stalls and water.

Eating lunch now and waiting for the farrier.

• Like 3

It is gorgeous here today. A few more days of this and some bulbs should peek out. At least I hope so! 

I shopped along Main and discovered a few excellent new shops. Mailed the birthday box to ds2. He called as well- so we talked for a while. He is not very good on the phone, but it was nice to hear from him. 

dd2 is on her way to the second practice of the day- she was pretty grumpy about the last minute addition. We are going to have some girls sleep over tonight, I think.

Next up: lunch and hanging out outside

ds3 to tennis

• Like 4

We're done with the farrier appointment and everyone's feet are looking good. The farrier is just getting over being very sick with bronchitis and pneumonia. I had to tell the little germaphobe that resides inside my head to shut up and quit worrying about coronavirus. #ocd

Going to work on unpacking Chewy boxes, then feed horses, then make dinner.

• Like 4

Just got back from church women's retreat. It was excellent - challenging and refreshing at the same time. Made some new friends and got to spend time with long time friends too. 

In an hour or so we'll go get some dinner. 

That's about it for me today. I'll read later tonight. 

• Like 4

Back from MIL's house; that was good. DS22 didn't do as well as we'd have liked...still very quiet/not talkative at all around others. :sigh: I hope someone, somewhere, at some point, will listen to us about that side of things and broach a potential answer. He's doing great at home. 

Stopped and rented the movie for tonight, and picked up a gallon of milk. 

Sewed!!!! 24 of 28 of the remaining blocks are now DONE. The last 4, I have to first piece together the rectangles to cut into the center diamonds; that can be tomorrow, as I'm about at my limit for one sitting and we're going to start the movie. The guys finished their "fishing expedition" (some challenge on one of the video games they play) so they are excited, they're done, I'm done, it's movie time. 

DH says he'll help me catch up folding all the laundry tomorrow. Works for me. 

• Like 4

Done for the day.

Ds21 is here working on his truck, and he stopped on the way and picked up the grain that I needed. Yay, that saves me from having to go get it tomorrow, which would have taken 2.5 hours out of my day.

Eating some orange slices and catching up on the news, and then dh and I will probably watch a show.

• Like 3

Well, I didn't really do much "work" today, but I did get to TKD and the kids had a blast with their friend.  Now the goal is to get everyone to bed in time so we can have a good night's sleep before Confirmation Class / church.

• Like 3