Menu

What's with the ads?

Thatboyofmine

The Happiness Thread

Right now I'm watching my 11 year old, who is an assistant instructor at our kung-fu school, teach part of the 3 and 4 year old class. Two of his siblings are in the class and watching the 3 of them working together melts my heart. The younger two are looking at him like he is the coolest person ever. And he's doing such a good job keeping all 6 kids attention and making sure they are all having fun.

• Like 17

I got a full nights sleep last night for the first time in a week!   Then I went and laid out on the deck in the sunshine with the dogs.   I think the flu may be finally leaving my body! 🙌🏼

• Like 10

After a couple of weeks of serious Attitude, middle DS is being very sweet and helpful around the house, and more affectionate in general.

Last night DD and I went to a ladies Bible study and it was a really great time of bonding with friends. 

• Like 8

Also, our dog and one of the cats being cute. Eta: actually looks like two of the cats 🙂

CAC6694F-E10E-4ED4-9A23-4BA46F1D1693.jpeg

Edited by emba56
  • Like 19

Thanks for the happiness!  Signs of spring appearing...

It was doggie clipping time this week for the pup, and one of Dd's gourmet fiber sheep (Shetland).  We took our dog to a groomer, but Dd  wrestled the sheep clean this morning.  Two more sheep to go, 3 goats, and 4 of the bunnies are ready to be shorn.  Wonderful sign of spring!!

• First, the indoor animals relentlessly follow me around all day, even as I step out of the shower, as in the first photo.
  • Second is our dog after her cut.
  • Sheep shearing: Tedi, the Angora goat, is the ever willing photo-bomber, Sol, the newly shorn sheep, is rather shy and stays behind.

IMG_4342-1.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_0919.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Momto6inIN said:

DH was gone a couple nights this past week, and when we were driving home one evening DS17 noticed that our old country lane had a big pothole/dip in the middle and so even though it was 9pm and dark, he said he was going to go out and fill it in with dirt and while I put the baby to bed, he did it! This is the same kid who needed to be reminded for y.e.a.r.s. to complete basic chores that he did every single day.

Seeing him recognize something that needed to be done without being told and having the gumption to go do it - in other words, become a responsible man of the house - makes me happy ❤

I ran out of likes for the day.  Really love this one though!  Very inspiring!   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Familia said:

• Sheep shearing: Tedi, the Angora goat, is the ever willing photo-bomber, Sol, the newly shorn sheep, is rather shy and stays behind.

IMG_0919.jpeg

Tedi should totally come on down and take a run for mayor in Lajitas against Clay Henry III. (Hopefully this doesn't break political boundaries.😂) Tedi has much nicer hair. 

https://texashillcountry.com/west-texas-mayor-beer-castrated/

• Haha 3

Good and nutritious dinner makes me feel blessed and like I am blessing myself and my family.

Edited by Pen
Photo space
  • Like 11

@thatboyofmine recommended I put this here.  Try not to be blinded by the beauty and elegance.  

IMG_6612.jpg.beea222d7a68f8f2bb0e94c7427b1782.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

Loved the Corgi site.  I always wondered how groomers managed to cut dogs' nails. Our dog won't let us touch them.  Suspending the dog in the air has to help the success rate, lol!    

• Like 3

Got to call with both of my sisters in the UK today.

Also got to chat with Dd who is away at University.

Dh and Dd are bonding playing video games - I need to remember that this is a good thing! LOL!

• Like 7

Love the Corgis site, especially I think number 14.

There was a link there to pictures people had taken of objects looking like faces with some pretty funny ones too, I thought.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Thanks to @Familia I've decided I'd love to have goats like Tedi, and I'd name the first one Thomas Woolsey. 

Hahaha,

Dd is picking up three new lambs today, of unknown (to me) breed.  I’m lovin’ the boy lamb’s name: Walter!  

The Giant Angora Bunnies are jealous that the goats & sheep are getting all the attention.  So, here is Peggy, sporting her ducki coat after a beauty trim:

11183562-DC0E-44B6-A093-C7A9C67B0C04.jpeg

• Like 10

Lovely worship service with our church family this morning, sunshine again today, lots of spring flowers everywhere, a restful and quiet afternoon, a tax refund that paid for my kids' summer camp, a tasty lunch, listening to dd sing as she tidies her room....so many things to be thankful for. Easy to take the routine or smaller things for granted. Good thread!

The pepper people are hilarious! 

• Like 11

On 3/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, Hadley said:

Love seeing all the puppies and other happiness!!!  Good vibes are always welcome around here.

4BD55D0F-B3B1-420E-BD00-33CA8715EC84.jpeg

All the animal pics bring such a smile to my heart!  🙂  Hadley, what kind of dog is this?  Such a cutie!   He looks a lot like our part-time dog (mostly our dd's, but he stays with us a lot because she travels with her job).

IMG_5644.JPGOur dd's dog is a mix of (we think) beagle, pug, and chihuahua, about 20 pounds.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 8

Another face one:

Edited by Pen
Low photo space
  • Haha 7

I am happy I get to see dd17 on Wednesday. Her company is performing at Radio City Musical Hall this coming week. She has been on tour since the beginning of January and I've only seen her twice for a few days each time since. (We spent all our time together with me traveling with her prior to this tour and we FaceTime for hours each day but it isn't the same.) I haven't seen the new version of the show yet because I have been waiting to see it in NYC. 

And these photos of our pup, Rosie, make me happy...(hoping the photos work) 

DSC_0002 1.JPG

IMG_9455.jpg

• Like 13

Good news

I see blue sky and we are getting discharged from the hospital this afternoon. 

Bad news

Now the hard part starts. 

• Like 6

No pets to post, sorry.

But right now, happiness for me is....

in a 15 minute stop at Kroger for eggs, no less than THREE people told me they thought my shirt was AWESOME.  This is extra fabulous because the shirt I am wearing is a super crazy Stitch shirt, with 3D ears.    It's a shirt that really is probably only fit for a little kid or to wear at Disney, and people at Kroger loved it.

Leaving Kroger, I rolled my windows down in my van AND opened the moon roof.  Radio had T.Swift "The Man" playing so I turned it up as loud as I could and it's 65 degrees out.  I don't know that there is anything better than having no kids in the vehicle, rolling all the windows down on a super awesome not too cold not too hot day, wind blowing, and blaring out great music at top volume.  

Little things. 

But I am so happy winter is on it's way out.  This is one of the ways I rejoice in that.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I went on a 6 mile hike yesterday with a good friend I haven't seen since Christmas.  

My dd is in much better mental health than she has been in years.

Ods is being respectful and helpful

Yds is coming home at the end of April after his first year of university instead of spending the summer there working and taking classes (selfish happy dance by me!)

Dh booked yds' ticket today!

• Like 6

Within my theme of happiness in the little things...

I just took my laptop into my sun room.  The windows are all open.  It's raining very softly.  It's a spring rain, gentle and not a cold winter rain, but also not an awful severe storm.   It smells amazing.  It sounds so soft.  And it feels like winter is leaving.  

I can even hear the freeway, which I know is stressful for most people, but for me, that is the sort of white noise that puts me at ease.

Happiness is.....winter going away and all the very small signs that tell me it's leaving.

Pitter pat pitter pat, spring rain is just SO SO different than winter rain.  

• Like 7

On 3/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, hjffkj said:

My dog needs to be next to the baby whenever possible. She sleeps on the floor next to the cosleeper nightly.

IMG_20200220_123017704.jpg

This might be one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen in my life. For real. ❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was giving DS13 a goodnight cuddle and he fell asleep in my arms. A bittersweet moment - each time it happens could be the last before he’s all grown up!

• Like 7

Jeans

for the first time in about five years I have a pair of jeans that look good, feel semi comfortable and stay up without a belt.

so happy.

just hoping they don’t stretch out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

for the first time in about five years I have a pair of jeans that look good, feel semi comfortable and stay up without a belt.

Jeans that don’t need a belt? What is this black magic?

• Haha 5

On 3/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, J-rap said:

All the animal pics bring such a smile to my heart!  🙂  Hadley, what kind of dog is this?  Such a cutie!   He looks a lot like our part-time dog (mostly our dd's, but he stays with us a lot because she travels with her job).

IMG_5644.JPGOur dd's dog is a mix of (we think) beagle, pug, and chihuahua, about 20 pounds.

Beatrice is a 13 year old beagle 😊.  Sweetest dog ever.  She used to have a lot more brown and black on her face, but age has taken its toll.  She doesn’t want me to dye her hair to cover the gray.  I have asked her.

Your dd’s dog definitely has some beagle in her. She is so cute!  Our beagle weighs in at 22lbs. I would guess yours has a lot of beagle blood 😊.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I cooked an actual meal tonight.  Meatloaf, rice, and broccoli.  I haven’t cooked supper since last weekend, so a week+ ago.  The only upside of having the flu! 🤣  a meal cooked at home was nice for a change!   

• Like 8

Dc was at an event this evening, so dh and I took a walk together, went shopping, and then had an impromptu dinner date (on a Tuesday!) to use up a restaurant gift card dh found in his wallet.  I even restrained myself from eating all of it, so I get delicious leftovers for breakfast or lunch tomorrow.  😊

• Like 7

I do not care for Television but my husband likes to watch it in the evening and would like me to join him. We have settled on a routine of watching one episode of something together each evening and then he can watch whatever he likes without me. 

We have stumbled across several shows we both enjoy. YAY for Netflix.

Good Omen's 

The Good Place

Shitt's Creek 

I have been so happy we were able to work something out that we could both enjoy. 

• Like 6

43D7C6DA-949E-4B78-8FF5-C13E20145BF6.thumb.jpeg.ffe6c27c1b415ac7be10a61e8b9a4659.jpegI got flowers from Trader Joe’s this week because having fresh flowers sometimes just makes things better. 

My daughter finally seems to be remembering her math facts, and not complaining about them. 

It was supposed to rain today (and the next several days) but the sun is out!

• Like 10

@Rachel.  Each week when I shop at Trader Joe's I get flowers for the week.  They make me so happy and just brighten up the kitchen.  These are lovely.

From this thread I have learned that I really need an angora goat!  

It has been very sunny and pretty here.  The trees are blossoming and spring is definitely in the air.  Also, thanks to the temps, summer is also in the air.  Spring is nice, too early for summer though.  We are also on school break and I am thrilled about that (as is my daughter).

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, hjffkj said:

My dog needs to be next to the baby whenever possible. She sleeps on the floor next to the cosleeper nightly.

IMG_20200220_123017704.jpg

Please frame this for her.  She will treasure it forever.  It is truly one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen.

• Like 4

I’m sitting on my deck and the temps are 75degreees.  I’m drinking coffee and watching the bees play.  It’s a beautiful day in [this] neighborhood!    I’m contemplating laying out stepping stones, but not sure my allergies can handle it.  I’m ready for yard work! 

• Like 3

I always thought my grandma's cupboard smelled good, and I thought it was because she kept Werther's Originals in there.  There was another scent, though, and I didn't know what it was.  She died when I was little, and my mom didn't know what I was talking about. 

I just found the smell!  Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel Black Tea smells exactly like my grandma's cupboard.  And it makes me happy to know that, even though I don't like black tea.  That's all.  ☺️

• Like 11