Menu

40s and 50s/60s and 70s and desire for TeA in women

Ginevra

Aren’t we missing the multiple benefits of tea that might make it worth the effort at any age? Sure, needing a cup so badly you can’t stand it is fun, but sometimes you just want a caffeine rush. Some teas are a sleep aid.  Some teas ease stress or anxiety.   Tea can make you feel intoxicated. It’s very versatile. 

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Quill said:

Same. 

We’re pretty much on a schedule, which is necessary because if it were just left up to someone to initiate, he would get tired of being spurned and if it were up to me, a lot of weeks would go by without any brewing going on. 

Schedule here too, or it would be exactly like you said. DH would feel totally rejected and neglected if we were to wait until I was in the  mood (never). Friday nights are our "date night." And I use plenty of vodka before I can get to the point where I can't taste the bitter tea and can tolerate it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Aren’t we missing the multiple benefits of tea that might make it worth the effort at any age? Sure, needing a cup so badly you can’t stand it is fun, but sometimes you just want a caffeine rush. Some teas are a sleep aid.  Some teas ease stress or anxiety.   Tea can make you feel intoxicated. It’s very versatile. 

Well, that's assuming the tea can be brewed properly. I mean, if for whatever reason the tea can't be well made, then it's not an enjoyable experience. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I don’t know. Perhaps I am really a mannequin, but teas have not produced those effects for me, ever. Even solitary tea, even with a Hallelujah rolling boil...it’s nice and it’s satisfying, but it doesn’t really act as a sleep aid or reduce stress or anxiety for me. I mean, temporarily, sure...not thinking about paying off the home equity loan while actually sipping the golden nectar. But shortly after the show is over, whatever I was freaking out about is going to gallop back in and plague me again. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

Sleep aid? LOL. I'd rather simply go to sleep right away. Sleeping is one of my favorite things.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

If everyone was experiencing those benefits, then this conversation would never have happened.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

She has very good hearing and we do not.  That limited us to times she wasn't home or when we were travelling.   

"Hey, sweetie, you might want to watch a movie with your headphones in, g'night!" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Quill said:

I don’t know. Perhaps I am really a mannequin, but teas have not produced those effects for me, ever. Even solitary tea, even with a Hallelujah rolling boil...it’s nice and it’s satisfying, but it doesn’t really act as a sleep aid or reduce stress or anxiety for me. I mean, temporarily, sure...not thinking about paying off the home equity loan while actually sipping the golden nectar. But shortly after the show is over, whatever I was freaking out about is going to gallop back in and plague me again. 

These days, I'm mentally doing school prep while sipping. Multi-tasking at its finest. 😆 I'm legit considering the audiobook idea.

It's never been a huge stress relief or sleep aid for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, marbel said:

If everyone was experiencing those benefits, then this conversation would never have happened.  

idk that I’d presume that either. Plenty of people don’t do things that would make them feel better.  Exercise for example.  I get many of those benefits but sometimes I’m still just not in the mood.🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

And the lengths to which we can contort and stretch and extrapolate the metaphor is kind of epic 😁

You should have seen the original TeA thread....

(Although maybe you have, but I think it pre-dates your attendance here.) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Murphy101 said:

idk that I’d presume that either. Plenty of people don’t do things that would make them feel better.  Exercise for example.  I get many of those benefits but sometimes I’m still just not in the mood.🤷‍♀️

Huh? People on this thread have said that some of the benefits listed don't accrue to them. It doesn't help everyone sleep; it doesn't ease stress for everyone. It's not that they are not enjoying the benefits because they are not partaking; they simply don't experience those benefits even when they do.  

Edited by marbel
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Quill said:

I remember there was a shirt that said something like, 

“Homeschool Dad: enjoying tea with my wife while looking through her books.” Or something like that. 

I think you're right.  I think the word 'leisurely' was in there somewhere.  Re. either the tea or the browsing through the books.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, popmom said:

I just started for this exact reason. It's a cream I apply to my inner wrists/forearms. I've been on it for a few weeks now. Can't tell anything yet. 

How long did it take for you to feel a difference? The compounding pharmacist said give it up to 3 months. I tried Intrarosa first and it did nothing. 

All of you in your mid 40's and you've experienced a spike in desire for TeA...That was me, too. Couldn't get enough. And then almost overnight it vanished. I was post menopausal at 48.  😞

It took about two to three months and the effects were subtle at first. Much more noticeable by five or six months. We up the dose around nine months and while I am not wild and crazy, I am much more agreeable to the idea than I had been through peri/menopause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

yeah, but I can pop a melatonin or drink a cup of good coffee with whipped cream or read a book for stress relief with way less energy, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

yeah, but I can pop a melatonin or drink a cup of good coffee with whipped cream or read a book for stress relief with way less energy, lol. 

That all depends on the spouse’s enthusiasm. No lie that more than once over the decades I’ve told my husband I’m too tired to do more than lay there and he said no problem, he could work with that. We used to joke that I got pregnant with kid #9 while my broken foot was in a boot bc dh took the drs recommendation that I do nothing but elevate my feet to heart.  Kid is 8 years old now and we still share a snicker when we see a couple with a woman wearing one of those medical boots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

That all depends on the spouse’s enthusiasm. No lie that more than once over the decades I’ve told my husband I’m too tired to do more than lay there and he said no problem, he could work with that. We used to joke that I got pregnant with kid #9 while my broken foot was in a boot bc dh took the drs recommendation that I do nothing but elevate my feet to heart.  Kid is 8 years old now and we still share a snicker when we see a couple with a woman wearing one of those medical boots. 

Truth, I've been known to say the same, and he always makes it worth my while 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

OMG, you guys, Facebook knows! I swear my feed has ads in it now for increasing desire in older women! 🙊 #cyberstalked #everykeystroke #theyknow

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, Quill said:

OMG, you guys, Facebook knows! I swear my feed has ads in it now for increasing desire in older women! 🙊 #cyberstalked #everykeystroke #theyknow

Buuuuuut.... shouldn’t you be getting tea ads?

Oh my! I just realized... so the company I buy my loose leaf tea from is.... wait for it...

Tea Desire!

Is the owner on these boards?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, arctic_bunny said:

Buuuuuut.... shouldn’t you be getting tea ads?

Oh my! I just realized... so the company I buy my loose leaf tea from is.... wait for it...

Tea Desire!

Is the owner on these boards?!

Even with using our euphemisms, I’m guessing there’s still enough cluster of words like “desire,” “waning,” and “now that I’m 49,” for a crawler to still categorize me that way. Or else it’s coincidental, but I think probably not. 

I also get specific writing class ads for writers whose names I have recently searched on Amazon or Goodreads...or my public library. 

12 minutes ago, Quill said:

Even with using our euphemisms, I’m guessing there’s still enough cluster of words like “desire,” “waning,” and “now that I’m 49,” for a crawler to still categorize me that way. Or else it’s coincidental, but I think probably not. 

I also get specific writing class ads for writers whose names I have recently searched on Amazon or Goodreads...or my public library. 

Hey, hang on.... what about that show “G&F” you’ve been watching? (I’d type it out, but I don’t want the ads, lol!)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, arctic_bunny said:

Hey, hang on.... what about that show “G&F” you’ve been watching? (I’d type it out, but I don’t want the ads, lol!)

Havent seen ads for that yet! 

On 3/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, Ktgrok said:

Ha!!! I thought it was just me!

To be fair, I'd rather read a book than pretty much ANYTHING, so there's that, lol. But I hear you. 

I do know that my libido is directly connected to my amount of sleep and my stress level. The more sleep and the less stress the higher my interest. Unfotunately, I'm in a stage of life where I am sleeping too little and way too stressed. And one way I deal with stress is to read, and then I stay up too late reading, and then I'm too tired, etc. 

You just summed up my life!

• Like 1

And, DH got home after being gone all week last night and I don't know if it was that I got a lot of fresh air and sunshine yesterday or that the kids were much better behaved this week or just absence makes the heart grow fonder,but I found myself looking forward to reconnecting over a nice strong cuppa. 

and then my monthly visitor arrived before he could make it home. spent the evening with a book after all, lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

And, DH got home after being gone all week last night and I don't know if it was that I got a lot of fresh air and sunshine yesterday or that the kids were much better behaved this week or just absence makes the heart grow fonder,but I found myself looking forward to reconnecting over a nice strong cuppa. 

and then my monthly visitor arrived before he could make it home. spent the evening with a book after all, lol. 

Lol. Same here but it was that both kids are away for the night! Yay!  DH wakes up with a nasty cold and Aunt Flo visits early and with a vengeance. Well, never mind...