Menu

AP international testing options

My SIL is looking for a place to do AP tests.  She has missed the deadline to sign up in the country she lives in (in SE Asia). She usually travels to the US for the tests but the school won’t allow them to test this year.  I live in Africa myself so I’m not much help, plus we didn’t do AP classes when my kids were in high school overseas. She has apparently checked with a school in India, but they won’t allow them to test there.

Any suggestions on where she can sign her kids up? It seems that there would be plenty of places in the US where they could do it.  They’re US citizens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Unfortunately, it is too late to register for AP tests for this school yr.  Registration for 2020 exams took place by November.  

I thought so too, but she seems to think there’s a late registration deadline right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amira said:

I thought so too, but she seems to think there’s a late registration deadline right now.

Possibly if she pays extra, for a penalty, which would probably be a huge cost advantage for her. She needs to look for Overseas Schools that are accredited in the USA on the  CollegeBoard.org web site.as Testing Centers and see which tests they offer and on which dates.

There should be (if registration is open in the future) a way for him to register on the CollegeBoard.org web site.  In our experience, the registrations for PSAT/NMSQT and SAT were NOT done via the school here where DD did her testing for those and for the ACT and the Pre ACT were done on the ACT web site.

In both cases, the Registration Fees, including the Extra Fees for Testing Overseas, were paid directly to the CollegeBoard or ACT, whichever was appropriate. They then notified the local testing center here in Colombia that DD would be testing there.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, Lanny said:

Possibly if she pays extra, for a penalty, which would probably be a huge cost advantage for her. She needs to look for Overseas Schools that are accredited in the USA on the  CollegeBoard.org web site.as Testing Centers and see which tests they offer and on which dates.

There should be (if registration is open in the future) a way for him to register on the CollegeBoard.org web site.  In our experience, the registrations for PSAT/NMSQT and SAT were NOT done via the school here where DD did her testing for those and for the ACT and the Pre ACT were done on the ACT web site.

This is not accurate information.  Although College Board administers both the SAT and AP exams, the registration process for them is completely different.  AP exam registration is accomplished directly through the school (or test center) hosting the exam.  Schools are encouraged but not required to accept outside students when they place their initial exam order in November.  There is no way for a student to register online.

This year, March 13 is the last possible date for schools to make changes to their November order.  It really is too late; school AP administrators are unlikely to go to the trouble of making changes unless they are needed by their own students.  However, you can identify possible sites by searching the site listed in my previous post on the topic of securing an exam site for a homeschooler.

Other relevant info can be found here:

https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/register-for-ap-exams
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/ap-coordinators/administer-exam

Edited by jplain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jplain said:

This is not accurate information.  Although College Board administers both the SAT and AP exams, the registration process for them is completely different.  AP exam registration is accomplished directly through the school (or test center) hosting the exam.  Schools are encouraged but not required to accept outside students when they place their initial exam order in November.  There is no way for a student to register online.

This year, March 13 is the last possible date for schools to make changes to their November order.  It really is too late; school AP administrators are unlikely to go to the trouble of making changes unless they are needed by their own students.  However, you can identify possible sites by searching the site listed in my previous post on the topic of securing an exam site for a homeschooler.

Other relevant info can be found here:

https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/register-for-ap-exams
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/ap-coordinators/administer-exam

Thanks, this is very helpful.

• Sad 1