Menu

If you don't have a profile picture...

Chris in VA

This is a few years old but I still look pretty much the same, add a few wrinkles... my oldest and my youngest who are now 14 & 6. We were at the zoo. (First one I found on this device. Will delete in a few hours as I'm very anti pics on the net!)

Edited by LMD
  • Like 12

I had a hard time finding any good pictures of myself that were recent.  I really need to have someone other than my kids take some photos of me.  This one is from ten years ago.  I'm rather older and fatter now.

Edited by Michelle Conde
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

@Murphy101 Great picture!  Whose car got towed?  

No one towed. We forgot to the put the paid meter receipt in the dash on my girls trip in Curacao and they put a boot on it.  So we asked around and some loitering guys said to holler up at the window over there and a lady will come help you. So we did and she came out and walked us to the station to plead our case and they took it off.  This is us waiting for the guy to come take it off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, school17777 said:

I’d don’t have many pictures of me.  I tried to edit so it’s just me, but was afraid I’d lose the original picture.  This in Bar Harbor last summer.

(edit - my hair isn’t that blonde anymore)

Can’t believe I missed Scarlett’s pic!

498DBCC7-71EA-46E2-844A-C362DCE66BE3.jpeg

You’re just as pretty as I remember from our IRL meetup. 😍

• Thanks 1

Here is a picture of my family and me in 2014. I know it is old. But it is one of the few I have of all of us. It was before my son passed away. At the time I was only homeschooling the youngest and she has since graduated. Will take this down soon.

Edited by Linda in TX
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, OKBud said:

I tried to find my old profile picture of the underwear on the tree so I could be like, "as everyone knows, this is what I look like from the front"

***do not quote my pic, I can't leave it up***Here I am in my natural habitat, watching crazy people talk on the

you look so much more feminine than your name sounds like. 😉

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OKBud said:

The name comes from when I joined this forum I had two preschoolers and I said the words, "OK, Bud" all day. 

Look at my dinosaur! ok, bud

I went potty! Ok, Bud

I'm hungry. OK, Bud.

etc etc etc

It could have just as easily been GimmeaSec

Scarlet I missed your picture!! 

And here I thought that you lived in Oklahoma and went by “Bud”. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, Garga said:

I constantly refer to you guys as my invisible friends. “Dh, my invisible friends say we should get some extra vitamin D in case the corona virus comes to our area.”

You guys aren’t quite so invisible anymore!

I call you all my invisifriends. 😬

I tried to participate, but this site rejects all my photos. Even on the small setting I’m using too much space. I don’t know if that means my photos are too large or that I’ve reached a quota and need to erase  some old ones. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I call you all my invisifriends. 😬

I tried to participate, but this site rejects all my photos. Even on the small setting I’m using too much space. I don’t know if that means my photos are too large or that I’ve reached a quota and need to erase  some old ones. 

You’ve reached a quota. This is what I just learned about my own inability to post photos from my trip. If you go to your drop-down menu, there is an “Attachments” tab. Go in there and you’ll see all the photos or other things you have attached to posts. Clear them out the same way you clear out your PM inbox. Voila! You can attach photos again. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 3:42 AM, Quill said:

Years ago, we went to a funeral of a family friend who had died at 42 from cancer. It was a packed viewing, but I thought it was so wonderful that there were boards with hundreds and hundreds of pictures of her, pictures with her babies, pictures of vacations, pictures with her siblings and their kids. I determined I would intentionally include myself in pictures from then on. (This was before camera phones were much of a thing and people didn’t do selfies.) I had always been the photographer and was rarely IN the photo, but I changed my behavior because of that funeral. And it’s easier than ever now because of the ubiquity of cell phones with good cameras. I no longer feel any shame at saying, “take one of me” when photos are happening. 

As to your second paragraph, that’s what I keep thinking: I wish we could have a venue where we could all meet regularly IRL. 

ETA: I guess deleting my previous attachments down makes the difference. Here’s a picture in Innsbruck, Austria. 

A88C37A5-E13E-4C51-8775-AD71B12738D0.jpeg

so how did you like Innsbruck?

eta: did you take the bus from the altstadt to the tram terminal for hafelaklar?  - did you like the VERY TIGHT alleyway?  felt like I was on the knight's bus.

Edited by gardenmom5

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

so how did you like Innsbruck?

eta: did you take the bus from the altstadt to the tram terminal for hafelaklar?  - did you like the VERY TIGHT alleyway?  felt like I was on the knight's bus.

I loved Innsbruck! We spent four days there, because dd wanted to ski for two of the days. 

We did not take the bus. We walked to the base of the tram terminal, which was I guess about a twenty minute walk from our airbnb. I did not ride a bus in Innsbruck, but I can imagine what you mean. My dd did ride a bus to get to the ski areas, but she didn’t mention anything about the bus rides. 

It does seem crazy how, when two buses line up behind each other (like for the bus to Neuschwanstein), they stop with like an inch between them. It’s crazy and looks like they are for sure going to crash. 

Just now, Quill said:

I loved Innsbruck! We spent four days there, because dd wanted to ski for two of the days. 

We did not take the bus. We walked to the base of the tram terminal, which was I guess about a twenty minute walk from our airbnb. I did not ride a bus in Innsbruck, but I can imagine what you mean. My dd did ride a bus to get to the ski areas, but she didn’t mention anything about the bus rides. 

It does seem crazy how, when two buses line up behind each other (like for the bus to Neuschwanstein), they stop with like an inch between them. It’s crazy and looks like they are for sure going to crash. 

that tight little road breaks off from the road behind you in the picture.  when we were driving to the Airbnb (just down hill from the terminal) - at the bridge, it told us to go straight and we were like 'wha . . . . " there wasn't anywhere!  then we rode the bus back from the altstadt.  it was barely wide enough and the buildings are taller than the bus. really hard to see too.

But I loved Innsbruck.  dont' remember the name of the place in the altstadt - but it had the best zwiebelrostbraten.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quill said:

You’ve reached a quota. This is what I just learned about my own inability to post photos from my trip. If you go to your drop-down menu, there is an “Attachments” tab. Go in there and you’ll see all the photos or other things you have attached to posts. Clear them out the same way you clear out your PM inbox. Voila! You can attach photos again. 

Thank you sooo much.  My last phone update had a feature to use a smaller version of a photo and I thought it would be perfect for this board, but I STILL couldn't post.  I can see why they cut me off.  I had four pages of photos to sift through and delete.  

• Like 1