Jump to content

Menu

If you don't have a profile picture...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But you wouldn't mind sharing what you look like, post one in this thread!  I wouldn't mind sharing one except I can't seem to size it small enough. Here's a selfie. Add yours! I would love to kn

This is me while on a cruise about a year ago.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

 

I'm not sure my brain can handle picturing you as anyone except Vivian Leigh lol

Edited by Momto6inIN
Removed pic
  • Like 8
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

@Momto6inIN woud you mind editing your post and deleting my pic?  

Believe it or not 40 years ago, I did look a lot like Vivian Leigh....I had one instructor who called me Scarlett.  

Oops, sorry! Done 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These are so fun!!! And I echo what Quill said--all of you are very beautiful to me! ❤️

Non-blonde @Arctic Mama took me by surprise! 🙂 (So pretty--no matter what color hair! I actually really like the brown with your eyes!)

Aww, @Scarlett, I didn't get to see yours! Could you put it up again for like 10 minutes? Hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish but I honestly always picture you as Vivien Leigh! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MercyA said:

These are so fun!!! And I echo what Quill said--all of you are very beautiful to me! ❤️

Non-blonde @Arctic Mama took me by surprise! 🙂 (So pretty--no matter what color hair! I actually really like the brown with your eyes!)

Aww, @Scarlett, I didn't get to see yours! Could you put it up again for like 10 minutes? Hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish but I honestly always picture you as Vivien Leigh! 

 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @Scarlett!!! You still look like Vivien Leigh, so my brain is not exploding! 🙂 

ETA: And you just added more amazing hair to the thread! Temporarily. 😉 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@StellaM, when I saw your photo, I immediately thought, "She looks like a poet!" I was thinking, whom does she remind me of, Emily Dickinson? (You are prettier, BTW.) And then I realized that you are in fact a poet. LOL. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StellaM said:

 

It's the hair. It was an incredibly hot and humid night that night, and I knew I was gonna get even hotter dancing, so I had to pin it all back. 

@Arctic Mama I know, I want the curls too! He also got the long eyelashes, lol, not fair. 

You are beautiful Stella. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My profile pic is what I looked like when I was younger. My snakes are now more salt & pepper, shorter (trimmed them last week), and you can't see the extra eyes-in-the-back-of-my-head that I got when I became a mom. Oh, and my face has filled out (weight gain). 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really do pictures. I am frumpy on a good day. LOL This is probably 3 years old. Both my profile picture here and on Facebook are of the same child- the one who was little when I did profile pictures. Some of my kids have pointed out that I have 5 kids. I'm too lazy to change the pictures, though any of the 5 would make a better profile picture than I do.

13173542_1811581842406387_8291815777772586621_o.jpg

  • Like 30
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meriwether said:

I don't really do pictures. I am frumpy on a good day. LOL This is probably 3 years old. Both my profile picture here and on Facebook are of the same child- the one who was little when I did profile pictures. Some of my kids have pointed out that I have 5 kids. I'm too lazy to change the pictures, though any of the 5 would make a better profile picture than I do.

 

I don't know what you are talking about. You look great! 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to say, AGAIN, how I love this. I am not fond of my pictures, either, and rarely let dh take one. It makes me kinda sad to see other moms don't have a lot of themselves. I think of our kids, who might want pictures of us when we are gone. 

I think each one of you are attractive, I really do! Some of you have such light in your eyes! All of you look like people I would like to know better, irl. Thx for posting. If I had a printer here, I would print these out and hang them up by my desk so I could memorize your kind faces and really "see" you when I read your posts. 

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 9:36 PM, Farrar said:

Mine is so old so I tried to change it and it didn’t want to cooperate. Drat. I’ll try again. Here’s me and dh watching the World Series...

 

50B8C0D8-C493-4E38-9F35-56034837BBAA.jpeg

 

Love seeing you, and GO, NATS!!! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

 

Love seeing you, and GO, NATS!!! 

We have tickets for beginning of April. Happy for baseball to start again soon!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, regentrude said:

Selfie from May 2019 on my first solo camping trip.

 

how did it go?   Weird thing.. I woke up this morning  thinking about traveling solo.  I don't know where it came from.   

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StellaM said:

Our kids and  other loved ones will want pictures of us one day to remember us by, and the photos we are self-critical about they will look at with love and fondness.

 

Two of my kids saw my picture as they walked by the computer and had identical reactions, sounding both surprised and pleased. "Is that a picture of you?" 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincessMommy said:

how did it go?   Weird thing.. I woke up this morning  thinking about traveling solo.  I don't know where it came from.   

It was good. I went just for two days, to retreat/meditate/write, not to hike and "get things done". It was very hot and humid, but there had been a storm the day before, and the river had flooded and was all muddy, so no swimming, which was a bit of a bummer. I was the only person in the campground, because everybody had left either before the weather or when they realized that they could neither boat nor fish. Great concert of tree frogs. 

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Darn it,  @Scarlett you're not supposed to delete things before I see them! 

I know!  I’m just checking back in and seeing all these deletes.  Have mercy on the slow pokes 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so nice to see all your beautiful faces!  

All our kids have grown up and moved on college and beyond...we have 6 precious grands!  

I use to be Tammy in Germany, Tammy in Va and TN and now at our final place in WV. 

This was from this weekend...hubby and I went to a Murder Mystery Party with our neighbors and had a awesome time! 

89029964_10219429429679807_2423970900664647680_n.jpg

  • Like 26
Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to stay on the taking pictures side of the camera.  However, this is a selfie I took, at my kids' request, when I was getting ready for a date with DH last summer.

 

20190712_154928.jpg

  • Like 24
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

I just want to say, AGAIN, how I love this. I am not fond of my pictures, either, and rarely let dh take one. It makes me kinda sad to see other moms don't have a lot of themselves. I think of our kids, who might want pictures of us when we are gone. 

I think each one of you are attractive, I really do! Some of you have such light in your eyes! All of you look like people I would like to know better, irl. Thx for posting. If I had a printer here, I would print these out and hang them up by my desk so I could memorize your kind faces and really "see" you when I read your posts. 

Years ago, we went to a funeral of a family friend who had died at 42 from cancer. It was a packed viewing, but I thought it was so wonderful that there were boards with hundreds and hundreds of pictures of her, pictures with her babies, pictures of vacations, pictures with her siblings and their kids. I determined I would intentionally include myself in pictures from then on. (This was before camera phones were much of a thing and people didn’t do selfies.) I had always been the photographer and was rarely IN the photo, but I changed my behavior because of that funeral. And it’s easier than ever now because of the ubiquity of cell phones with good cameras. I no longer feel any shame at saying, “take one of me” when photos are happening. 

As to your second paragraph, that’s what I keep thinking: I wish we could have a venue where we could all meet regularly IRL. 
 

ETA: I guess deleting my previous attachments down makes the difference. Here’s a picture in Innsbruck, Austria. 

A88C37A5-E13E-4C51-8775-AD71B12738D0.jpeg

Edited by Quill
  • Like 29
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_5934.jpg.f9e381f0624001b4217af9dd1d640725.jpg      I don't know WHY this is so large but I can't make it any smaller!

image.png     I don't have a good picture with my daughters so they get their own separate pic!

 

Edited by Home'scool
  • Like 28
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, matrips said:

I know!  I’m just checking back in and seeing all these deletes.  Have mercy on the slow pokes 🙂

And those of us in different time zones!!

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...