Menu

If you don't have a profile picture...

Chris in VA

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are so fun!!! And I echo what Quill said--all of you are very beautiful to me! ❤️

Non-blonde @Arctic Mama took me by surprise! 🙂 (So pretty--no matter what color hair! I actually really like the brown with your eyes!)

Aww, @Scarlett, I didn't get to see yours! Could you put it up again for like 10 minutes? Hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish but I honestly always picture you as Vivien Leigh! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MercyA said:

These are so fun!!! And I echo what Quill said--all of you are very beautiful to me! ❤️

Non-blonde @Arctic Mama took me by surprise! 🙂 (So pretty--no matter what color hair! I actually really like the brown with your eyes!)

Aww, @Scarlett, I didn't get to see yours! Could you put it up again for like 10 minutes? Hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish but I honestly always picture you as Vivien Leigh! 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My profile pic is what I looked like when I was younger. My snakes are now more salt & pepper, shorter (trimmed them last week), and you can't see the extra eyes-in-the-back-of-my-head that I got when I became a mom. Oh, and my face has filled out (weight gain). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

I don't really do pictures. I am frumpy on a good day. LOL This is probably 3 years old. Both my profile picture here and on Facebook are of the same child- the one who was little when I did profile pictures. Some of my kids have pointed out that I have 5 kids. I'm too lazy to change the pictures, though any of the 5 would make a better profile picture than I do.

13173542_1811581842406387_8291815777772586621_o.jpg

• Like 27

I just want to say, AGAIN, how I love this. I am not fond of my pictures, either, and rarely let dh take one. It makes me kinda sad to see other moms don't have a lot of themselves. I think of our kids, who might want pictures of us when we are gone. 

I think each one of you are attractive, I really do! Some of you have such light in your eyes! All of you look like people I would like to know better, irl. Thx for posting. If I had a printer here, I would print these out and hang them up by my desk so I could memorize your kind faces and really "see" you when I read your posts. 

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, StellaM said:

Our kids and  other loved ones will want pictures of us one day to remember us by, and the photos we are self-critical about they will look at with love and fondness.

Two of my kids saw my picture as they walked by the computer and had identical reactions, sounding both surprised and pleased. "Is that a picture of you?" 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PrincessMommy said:

how did it go?   Weird thing.. I woke up this morning  thinking about traveling solo.  I don't know where it came from.   

It was good. I went just for two days, to retreat/meditate/write, not to hike and "get things done". It was very hot and humid, but there had been a storm the day before, and the river had flooded and was all muddy, so no swimming, which was a bit of a bummer. I was the only person in the campground, because everybody had left either before the weather or when they realized that they could neither boat nor fish. Great concert of tree frogs. 

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 8

It's so nice to see all your beautiful faces!  

All our kids have grown up and moved on college and beyond...we have 6 precious grands!  

I use to be Tammy in Germany, Tammy in Va and TN and now at our final place in WV. 

This was from this weekend...hubby and I went to a Murder Mystery Party with our neighbors and had a awesome time! 

89029964_10219429429679807_2423970900664647680_n.jpg

• Like 23

15 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

I just want to say, AGAIN, how I love this. I am not fond of my pictures, either, and rarely let dh take one. It makes me kinda sad to see other moms don't have a lot of themselves. I think of our kids, who might want pictures of us when we are gone. 

I think each one of you are attractive, I really do! Some of you have such light in your eyes! All of you look like people I would like to know better, irl. Thx for posting. If I had a printer here, I would print these out and hang them up by my desk so I could memorize your kind faces and really "see" you when I read your posts. 

Years ago, we went to a funeral of a family friend who had died at 42 from cancer. It was a packed viewing, but I thought it was so wonderful that there were boards with hundreds and hundreds of pictures of her, pictures with her babies, pictures of vacations, pictures with her siblings and their kids. I determined I would intentionally include myself in pictures from then on. (This was before camera phones were much of a thing and people didn’t do selfies.) I had always been the photographer and was rarely IN the photo, but I changed my behavior because of that funeral. And it’s easier than ever now because of the ubiquity of cell phones with good cameras. I no longer feel any shame at saying, “take one of me” when photos are happening. 

As to your second paragraph, that’s what I keep thinking: I wish we could have a venue where we could all meet regularly IRL. 

ETA: I guess deleting my previous attachments down makes the difference. Here’s a picture in Innsbruck, Austria. 

A88C37A5-E13E-4C51-8775-AD71B12738D0.jpeg

Edited by Quill
  • Like 26

I’d don’t have many pictures of me.  I tried to edit so it’s just me, but was afraid I’d lose the original picture.  This in Bar Harbor last summer.

(edit - my hair isn’t that blonde anymore)

Can’t believe I missed Scarlett’s pic!

498DBCC7-71EA-46E2-844A-C362DCE66BE3.jpeg

Edited by school17777
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, school17777 said:

I’d don’t have many pictures of me.  I tried to edit so it’s just me, but was afraid I’d lose the original picture.  This in Bar Harbor last summer.

(edit - my hair isn’t that blonde anymore)

Can’t believe I missed Scarlett’s pic!

498DBCC7-71EA-46E2-844A-C362DCE66BE3.jpeg

Beautiful!  And are those your beautiful flowers too?

• Like 1