Menu

Favorite bookcases?

madteaparty

My faves we’re bought at an estate auction. Solid wood barrister bookcases my dh got for $150 which was a steal.

however, I also have some Sauder brand cases that have held up well for not being real wood.

i like them better than the Walmart ones. They aren’t wobbly and we use lots of books (pull them on and off th shelves)

https://www.sauder.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I would look at used furniture stores. Sturdy, pretty, already assembled wood bookshelves can sometimes be had for about the price of new particleboard ones. 

That would be awesome but life currently doesn’t lend itself to extensive furniture shopping 😞 I could ask my FIL who goes to all sorts of auctions and things but again, I’m trying to solve this problem now (they live half way across the country). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madteaparty said:

That would be awesome but life currently doesn’t lend itself to extensive furniture shopping 😞 I could ask my FIL who goes to all sorts of auctions and things but again, I’m trying to solve this problem now (they live half way across the country). 

In that case, I will say that we are also fairly happy with the Sauder bookcase we recently ordered from Amazon for my daughter's room. We needed a tall, narrow, white one and the Sauder one fit the bill. It isn't super attractive, but when it's filled with books it doesn't really matter! 

Edited by MercyA
  • Thanks 1

I got Sauder ones from Amazon too, and we get compliments on them all the time, but they are very difficult to put together and I would order them all at once because the third, that we ordered since we moved here, is one INCH taller than the other two.  It seems they update the designs a bit without changing the style.

• Thanks 1