• Order some new houseplants- will do tomorrow
  • Finish off some sewing I started last week- almost done
  • Relax
  • Shower
  • Breathe
  • Not lose my sanity
  • Pray
  • Laugh

Happy Sunday everyone! What are your plans for this week? 

• Like 8

Hey, all...if you're the praying type, prayers would be appreciated.

I know I haven't posted this week, but extenuating circumstances.  Things have not gone well this past week.  One of our students was hit by a drunk driver last weekend, is on life support.  It has been a very, very heavy week at school.  She was well liked, always a smiling, happy kid.  The  driver ran off,  left his car, but police have not been able to find him. She is scheduled to be taken off sometime today, organ donations.  She was four months away from graduation.  

Dd had an anxiety attack at school, triggered by what's going on at school, stepped outside play performance to get some air, (she was not performing that night) got yelled at by teacher for not being supportive of the cast.  She called us in crisis mode, we called admin who sat with her...    She feels very let down by her teacher.  Apparently "anxiety isn't a real thing."  She doesn't want us to go any further with this because it will result in her not being cast in any productions next year.  

Anyways...to be done if possible

Full cleaning mode, so laundry, floors, bedding are on the schedule.

Church, lunch out.

Lesson planning for the week

Get ready for our college trip to Northern California on Thursday

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Good morning!

It is supposed to get up to 49* today! We're enjoying it while it lasts, because there is a foot of snow headed our way on Monday night and Tuesday.

Already done:

• folded a load of laundry
  • washed a sweater for ds21
  • fed horses & medicated Snorri 
  • fed dogs & cats
  • attempted to dry off some of dh's work papers that got dripped on when I was watering plants (oops)
  • planted cabbage greens & harvested clover

To do:

• fill grain bins
  • figure out what we're eating this week & make a grocery list
  • mop entryway
  • spray off doormats
  • roast mushrooms & beets
  • finish watering plants & repot a couple of them
  • plan my week
  • work with horses
  • read
  • dinner: leftover buffalo bean wraps & zuppa toscana
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Damage report:  no bruising that I can see. Possibly a mild sprain. No breakage. But my left ankle joint is jammed, my left knee is jammed and my left hip. This was my bad leg anyway). I hope that I can get into my chiropractor on Monday (who is used to working on all my joints and bones to keep me functioning. ). I have told him that he's never allowed to retire!  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Ugh.  I am having a "morning".  The first eggs I cracked for my breakfast smelled like raw fish.  So I threw them out.  The second set smelled fine but I burned them.  And then I went to drink my bone broth and it is stone cold because I forgot to actually heat up the water.  No wonder the powder isn't dissolving. 

human care is done

pet care is done

medical care is done

Dd wants to drive us to church (freeway driving practice) which actually works out great because I usually drive and it's easier on my leg if I am in the passenger seat. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, questionlover96 said:

Today this is my to do list

• Host a birthday party (stuck). I need some suggestions of activities and food to provide for the party. About 24 small kids will be coming to my house on Thursday afternoon this week. What do I serve? So far the only thing I can come up with is pretzels and cheese and fruit platters. Many thanks in advance. 
  • Meal plan for this week (completed) 
  • Organise my movie collection (in progress) 
  • Order some new textbooks (started) 
  • Prepare for summer (ongoing) 
  • Choose a care home (this is hard) 

Sorry to read that. You are in my prayers and thoughts @Jean in Newcastle. 

Pigs in a blanket?  Little kids always liked that. 

• Like 2

Today has tackled me!

Done:

Church

Last minute packing scramble.

Drop off dog

Pick up boy

Unload stuff from the cars to our hotel suite. Unpack and settle in

Sent dh to pick up dd from a friend's and also to get her piano books, which we forgot at home.

Called mom, who has shingles and feels crummy.

Next up:

Dinner  

Quick grocery trip  

Fall apart

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am feeling guilty because Dh washed dishes and is doing laundry while I am sitting here watching CSI Miami with my ankle up. But despite being able to walk, it is swollen and hurts when I walk. 

Stay off that ankle, Jean! Glad your dh is able to help! Praying for relief from pain and healing for your injuries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Today has tackled me!

Done:

Church

Last minute packing scramble.

Drop off dog

Pick up boy

Unload stuff from the cars to our hotel suite. Unpack and settle in

Sent dh to pick up dd from a friend's and also to get her piano books, which we forgot at home.

Called mom, who has shingles and feels crummy.

Next up:

Dinner

Quick grocery trip

Fall apart

Scout, how long do you have to stay at the hotel? Is it because of the water damage?

• Like 2

I got dinner from the grocery deli while I was there to get some lunch food. We all ate and watched some American Idol. 

Kids are chatting and laughing in their room. 

Dh had to go to our house and lock up after the movers finished up. I know he is wiped out and will be so glad to be done for this day. His work tomorrow will be less stressful than today, for sure.

Took my supplements, set my alarm and am about to settle down with my book. 

Thankful for a comfortable spot to land in the midst of repairs. Woohoo for breakfast I don't have to make or clean up and large bathrooms I don't have to clean (or make teens clean!). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Thankful for a comfortable spot to land in the midst of repairs. Woohoo for breakfast I don't have to make or clean up and large bathrooms I don't have to clean (or make teens clean!). 

That sounds great! We just recently had a lot of our flooring replaced and stayed here while it was happening. Holy smokes, was that an ordeal. I think you're very smart to be at a hotel! 

• Like 2

Going to vent just a little. I have been working so hard to not only inch ahead in my physical progress but also the progress on this house. Now this stupid swollen ankle has put me back into my armchair. But I know that all things considered, the injury was really minimal compared to what could have happened. Vent over. 

I did get the garbage put out at the curb. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1