Menu

Freecycle and flakes...ugh.

alisoncooks

Vent ahead. Ugh, I know this has been discussed before, but what is wrong with people?! I've offered up a piece of furniture for free on my town's local FB exchange. I'm on my 3rd person. They each contact me with interest, set up a pick up time, and then they no show/ghost me. Why?! If you don't want it, don't contact me!

Okay, rant over. 

• Like 1

they may have wanted it - but something came up.  they should have let you know they changed their mind, or something happened.  

I never ever sell/give-away anything if the person doesn't give me a phone number.  I've had people refuse to give me a phone number - then they don't get my address. period,, no exceptions.  fruitcakes, and the unscrupulous, are far less likely to share a phone number.

I've been the person who set up a time to drive quite a distance for an item (so timing was very narrow), and had something come up that threw a wrench into my day.  I let the seller know (we spoke by phone) I wouldn't be able to make it, then he actually called me and complained I didn't show up. (and how he'd taken off work to wait for me.)  what part of "I won't be able to make it because I had something come up" didn't you understand?

I've also had times scheduled with a seller - and the seller not be there.  (I spoke with the seller to ask where they were, he really didn't care I was there waiting. we left.)

I feel you pain.  I put this gigantic cabinet for sale on FB....I listed the measurements, had pictures.....I had at least 3 people show up and say oh that won’t fit in my house.   🙄. Then a lady showed up, gave me the $25 I was asking and then didn’t come back to get it for 10 days.