Menu

Blue Tent Algebra II

• 10 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:52 PM, Joyful_Journey said:

Has anyone taken Algebra II with Lindsey Thompson through Blue Tent?  We've been so pleased with Brigid Thompson's AP Language class that I'm taking a closer look at some other classes with Blue Tent.

Thanks!

I know this is an old post but I was curious if you ended up going with this class. I just started looking into it also.

Yes, we did end up enrolling.  Lindsey has been wonderful with helping my daughter understand difficult concepts during her office hours outside of class.  This is something that has been lacking in other online math classes we've used in the past with my older children.  Having that accessibility via "face-to-face" (albeit online with cameras) makes it easier to have a dialogue with the teacher and understand concepts.  Her personality is also very friendly and approachable, so my daughter doesn't feel like she is being a bother (also helped by the fact that these are "office hours" so you do not feel as if you are imposing on the instructor).  My daughter struggles with math, and this is the first math class where she felt totally comfortable with the teacher.  Other online math classes we've experienced have either provided that extra help through email or you have to request a meeting with the instructor.  The first method has been inadequate and the second method makes her feel awkward for taking up the teacher's time.  Lindsey's office hours and her personality has made math feel "doable" for her.   Lindsey also gives opportunities to correct errors to earn back some points. My daughter absolutely loves her, and I only wish that she was teaching precalculus next year.

1 hour ago, Joyful_Journey said:

Yes, we did end up enrolling.  Lindsey has been wonderful with helping my daughter understand difficult concepts during her office hours outside of class.  This is something that has been lacking in other online math classes we've used in the past with my older children.  Having that accessibility via "face-to-face" (albeit online with cameras) makes it easier to have a dialogue with the teacher and understand concepts.  Her personality is also very friendly and approachable, so my daughter doesn't feel like she is being a bother (also helped by the fact that these are "office hours" so you do not feel as if you are imposing on the instructor).  My daughter struggles with math, and this is the first math class where she felt totally comfortable with the teacher.  Other online math classes we've experienced have either provided that extra help through email or you have to request a meeting with the instructor.  The first method has been inadequate and the second method makes her feel awkward for taking up the teacher's time.  Lindsey's office hours and her personality has made math feel "doable" for her.   Lindsey also gives opportunities to correct errors to earn back some points. My daughter absolutely loves her, and I only wish that she was teaching precalculus next year.

Thanks so much! Great review and very helpful! 

4 hours ago, Joyful_Journey said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the pre-calculus teacher (Ashley Porter) has a very similar style. My DD is enjoying her class and really understanding the material! 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...