Menu

I want an MP3 player that just plays music. Is there such a thing anymore?

Condessa

Looking for a birthday gift for my oldest, and we thought an MP3 player would be fun.  I had an iPod in college and it was great.  It could hold all the songs I could possibly want, and I hoped the intervening years would have brought the price down to a good range.  Well, prices are down, but everything I have found has video, pictures, recording, games, ebooks, etc.  I just want a music player.  (Actually I don’t care if it has ebooks, but none of the others).  Do they make those anymore?  We are not going to allow our kids to own smart phones or tablets, and I don’t want a handheld device with many of the functions of smartphones, either.

9 hours ago, Michelle Conde said:

Looking for a birthday gift for my oldest, and we thought an MP3 player would be fun.  I had an iPod in college and it was great.  It could hold all the songs I could possibly want, and I hoped the intervening years would have brought the price down to a good range.  Well, prices are down, but everything I have found has video, pictures, recording, games, ebooks, etc.  I just want a music player.  (Actually I don’t care if it has ebooks, but none of the others).  Do they make those anymore?  We are not going to allow our kids to own smart phones or tablets, and I don’t want a handheld device with many of the functions of smartphones, either.

We use Sony Walkmans for my daughter.