Menu

What's with the ads?

MamaSprout

Blue Tent Calc or any BT math- what's the set up?

Has anyone had any of Shin Yen's classes? We're considering Blue Tent for BC. What is the platform? Where do the videos come from? Is it a youtube, vimeo or something though Moodle? My dd has some DE Moodle classes and doesn't love it but knows her way around.

I know they use Zoom for the Friday session.

Are most of the assignments through the digital book, or do they do some out of the physical book?

Thanks!

• Like 1

She is amazing. She lectures on Mondays and uses Fridays as problem solving practice days. 
you can’t go wrong with her Calculus class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She is local to me and was teaching at the local AOPS academy. She has a good reputation in my area. She used to homeschool before she sent her kids to a local STEM magnet high school.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MamaSprout said:

Next year it looks like there's are Monday videos and a Friday live class.

Monday is a class session when she lectures. She doesn’t tell them to go watch videos. She lectures live. 

6 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Monday is a class session when she lectures. She doesn’t tell them to go watch videos. She lectures live. 

Maybe something different next year? Or a mistake on the website? From the webpage:

" The recorded class will open up each Monday, and the live class will be held from 12-1 p.m. Eastern on Fridays."

53 minutes ago, MamaSprout said:

Maybe something different next year? Or a mistake on the website? From the webpage:

" The recorded class will open up each Monday, and the live class will be held from 12-1 p.m. Eastern on Fridays."

Hmmm. Maybe. I would ask them.

• Like 1

DD is taking it this year.  She and I can not say enough great things about the class!  Shin Yen has a phd in Electrical Engineering(my dd's future college major).  She has been such an encouragement!

Edited by rjand6more
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 10:38 PM, Roadrunner said:

She is amazing. She lectures on Mondays and uses Fridays as problem solving practice days. 
you can’t go wrong with her Calculus class.

How many hours a week is your DS spending for BC?