Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning. 

Jean, that's a lot of driving in one day. I hope it goes well.

Margaret, I hope everything is well with those ewes. 

Leah, was everything okay since there was a police car?

Dh is headed to work after two days off for a mid-winter break. All the other schools around here get the whole week off.  The usuals are done.

• coffee
  • meals
  • walk with a friend
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student and he and ds do history together
  • ds to a dentist appointment
  • church

• Like 6

Good Morning Everyone😊

Coffee and yogurt

Take morning walk

Make oatmeal cookies and rice crispy treats for company coming on Friday

Go to gym with DH

Make dinner😊It’s salmon night🎉🎉🎉

Relax while waiting for DD and SIL to arrive from CA. SIL’s sister is getting married in the area and they are staying with us.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Get ds up early bc of FT  
Drive carpool done  

Meeting.  
Get milk  

YNAB and pay bills
Tag clothes
Work at church  
Prep for tonight's lesson  

Pick up Ds.  
Piano lessons  
Church

Fall apart

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

Good morning. 

Jean, that's a lot of driving in one day. I hope it goes well.

Margaret, I hope everything is well with those ewes. 

Leah, was everything okay since there was a police car?

Dh is headed to work after two days off for a mid-winter break. All the other schools around here get the whole week off.  The usuals are done.

• coffee
  • meals
  • walk with a friend
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student and he and ds do history together
  • ds to a dentist appointment
  • church

They have now also cordoned off part of the road. Seems there was a burglary and they have to look at footage of the suspect as well. This is the second time it has happened since we have moved in. It might be time for a meeting to discuss safety measures.. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

26 minutes ago, leahtalbot96 said:

They have now also cordoned off part of the road. Seems there was a burglary and they have to look at footage of the suspect as well. This is the second time it has happened since we have moved in. It might be time for a meeting to discuss safety measures.. 

Oh no, Leah. I hope they catch the burglar.

Are you in the US? I thought from some of your previous posts that you might be in the UK.

• Like 6

Good morning!

• office work (have to wade through a few complicated pieces of paperwork - not my favorite task😐)
  • laundry - towels
  • pick up package at post office, or maybe dh will do it while he's out - they wouldn't come down our lane yesterday because it was so icy
  • order deodorant from Amazon
  • send payment for quarantine bill of a few recently rescued horses
  • still need to unpack Chewy boxes
  • Weds. afternoon coffee date with dh
  • water plants & start a new tray of microgreens
  • dinner: enchiladas verdes (dinner didn't happen last night because my day got too hectic)
  • Like 4

Good morning! No morning practices today. dh just left- getting tired of the cold in the morning- but he insists a third car is not happening, so off he goes in 18 degree weather to bike to work.

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • school with ds3
  • shower, chores, general clean up and some decluttering
  • read a little, check when library holds will be ready
  • some sewing
  • ds3 to tennis
  • figure out dinner of some sort- probably pasta
  • pick up ds3
  • relax tonight

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Margaret, I hope the ewes are okay! 

My day today....

....fold the remaining clothes from the dryer, which finishes off the laundry
....watch Project Runway while I do that
....write an email to the apartment company, who finally got back to us a little about DS's lease
....cut the rest of the triangles for the quilt blocks
.....take DS to science class, do....what?....while he is in class....
.....pick up other DS from therapy, talk to the doctor
.....home -- work on the quilt -- ideally, I will have all the pieces cut and can SEW the blocks finally
....dinner....? I will probably pull our "cereal, everyone" routine b/c it's Weds which means youngest is at Youth Group and while we do now have the 2 older boys home (did I say that? ds19 has come home from school as well now....), dh & I really enjoyed the relaxed aspect of not having formal dinner on Weds b/c there's just an hour-ish between drop off/pick up for youth group, so I think I'm going to make them stick to that
....if there's time after youth group, watch one more episode of Merlin and then we just have the 2-part finale left for Thurs/Fri (oh, ha, or watch the Lego show tonight since everyone is home....)

Also, talk to DS14 and find out what he wants for his bday dinner tomorrow. My FB memories had details of his party from 8 yrs ago, when he was turning 7.....it was all about balloons, glow sticks, popcorn, popsicles, and music. His parties back then were always like that, and it was so fun. We'd turn the lights out, put on Just Dance on the Wii, have glow sticks and balloons and random snack foods and it was so much fun. ❤️ 

• Like 5

Hi guys, happy Wednesday.

I'm at a pretty high stress level.  I have many immediate client demands, deadlines, and needs.  My brother is in the hospital for a heart attack (he drove himself there, so probably something manageable I hope ....  I should visit him later today.)  My kids are busy busy busy.  So much to try to organize in my mind.  But part of me is afraid this feels like PMS, which would stink as I'm trying to be done (it's been about 11 months since my last p.)

Can't really tell anyone in real life how I'm stressed.  My friends/co-business-partners would pile on if they knew I was not ahead on my client work.  It would not help.  They are too busy to help me with the work.  And their close family is having troubles too.  Also my kids don't know about my brother yet.  They worry about close people's mortality, and I didn't see the point of burdening them with that and sending them to school.

I fell asleep last night, light on, Invisalign out, deadlines forgotten.  It's good that I got some sleep, but now I am officially late on some reports I was intending to do overnight.  As for Invisalign, luckily I have 4 more weeks before my next dentist appointment, so I am just giving myself 1 more day in my old set.  I am happily sipping coffee with them in, since they are on their way out.

(Yesterday was actually a pretty productive and busy day - I knocked off quite a few to-do's, but also had a lot of stress over client audits etc.)

Well anyway, life goes on.  I just need to get into a good rhythm.

Done:

• Kids up on time-ish.
  • Sent out 1 work report that was due last night at midnight.
  • Reviewed homework, helped with corrections, signed & copied school forms.
  • Helped kids pack instruments, music, practice clothes, etc. for school/activities.  Burnt toast 2x and finally did it right, laid out 7 supplements ....
  • Kids off to the school bus on time, yay!
  • Spilled yogurt on housemate's shoes, cleaned it up.
  • Took out the garbage, did some cleaning/purging along the way.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.  Washed out the garbage container that stunk.
  • Folded and put away clothes from the dryer.
  • Fed the bird.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • Called the aspca shelter and confirmed that they can take our old guinea pig stuff.
  • Texted re sports and brother's health.
  • Emailed re AHG - meeting is tomorrow and I haven't heard much - turns out co-leader's mom is in hospital too.
  • A couple few work discussions.  Sent a client form.  Responded to some client emails.  Did some filing.
  • Borrowed $20 to pay the trumpet teacher tonight.
  • Made an Amazon order for some needed items I keep forgetting.
  • Did about a fourth of the exercise I intend to do today; did a little reading.
  • 3 coffees so far ... will probably go get a 4th soon.

To do:

• Lots more client work.
    • Prioritize.
    • Create new company in Quickbooks and crank out financial reports for new client entity.
    • Crank out report for old exited entity.
    • Respond to various audit inquiries.
    • Provide info for at least 4 audit confirms.
    • Review info for another client's planned exit.
    • Crank out as many reports as I can for another client.
    • Review at least 11 draft audit reports.
    • Prepare and send various invoices.
    • Whatever else gets done.
  • Kids - they have evening activities, but driver will take/retrieve them.  Remember to give the driver / Kid2 $20 for the trumpet teacher.
  • Don't forget the kids have to eat something ....
  • Borrow a vehicle and go visit my brother in the hospital.
  • Kids' homework / test study.  Should do some AHG badge work, not sure if that is possible.
  • Review/process kids' weekly piles of paper from school.
  • Start and finish at least 1 load of laundry.
  • Clean the kitchen again.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

SKL - I did the once a year period for a couple of years before stopping completely. Of course mine was always during camp...

Oy ... thanks for the encouragement, lol.

I hope your day goes well despite forgetting your meds.

• Like 4

((SKL))

ds3 is working.

I have done some laundry- and dh wants to use his check for the last concert to buy some nice sheets (he hates the ones he picked out). Researched and found a coupon, so that is done.

The old sheets (the ones I bought four years ago- at a discount store, Egyptian cotton percale- still wearing very well) back on the bed.

Next up:

lunch

box for Goodwill

pick up racquet from stringer

ds to gym/tennis

drop off box

bank

• Like 5

Thanks for your kind thoughts for my brother.  I think he will be OK but will need some lifestyle changes.  I plan to go see him soon.

I got some of the work to-do's done ... less than I had expected, but I think it will be OK as far as clients' expectations for one more day ....

• Like 4

Vegged out on the couch to let the headache meds kick in; things seem better. 

Called back to check on neuropsych testing for DS22 -- this is something the hospital doctor said we should do, only that's all the info he gave me. So, I have been googling, and found (I thought) a good clinic to do it, but when I called, the girl was kind of stumped by my question. She took info and said she'd call me back....she has not yet. I called back and left another message; we'll see if I get through to anyone who can interpret what this doctor wanted us to find. He wasn't super specific, and pretty much said I needed to find it on my own, so....

(side note: maybe we are jumping the gun and when DS lands with his "for real" psychiatrist, they won't feel this is a needed step anyway...?)

Remembered a thing I need to have done by Monday, and thinking I'll work on it vs. cut/sew with the current headache remnants. 

• Like 3

Had two really wonderful meetings. These are some very wonderful Christians who are so wise and funny and hard working. We have some really neat ideas for this year’s camp (like escape rooms!) and I am psyched. Then at the end I got a bit teary as I shared some details from what has been an extremely tough year. 

I am on my way home. Stopped at a farm store in the middle of honest to goodness farm country and was amazed at the cool bunny toys. lol. Picked some up for my grandbunnies. 😉

Now I am eating at the surprisingly gluten free restaurant in the middle of honest to goodness farm country. My sugars have been a bit high but not near as high as I thought they might get. 

• Like 4

I got nothing done on the thing I remembered I needed to do, but did have some good chat time with my boys, finished cutting the pieces for the quilt, and sewed one block. Yay!

Dropped off DS at youth group, figured out his plans for his bday tomorrow, ate "dinner" (cereal, etc.). Leaving shortly to pick him up, then DH and I will watch some TV when we get home. 

• Like 3