Menu

Keto People

Mom0012

I made this last night and it was very good. https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/brownie-cheesecake-low-carb-and-gluten-free/

Instead of making the chocolate sauce, I made this raspberry sauce to go with it, but reduced the cornstarch amount and used swerve instead of sugar. https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/raspberry-sauce/

I am the only one that eats keto in our house, but this is a dessert we all could enjoy, including my gluten free ds.

If anyone else has a favorite keto recipe to share, please do!

Edited by Mom0012
  • Like 2

I have been doing keto for about 3.5 years, mostly because I feel so good eating this way. It also helps me maintain my weight without feeling constantly deprived or hungry. I haven’t really made much in the way of desserts in the past, but have found when there is a special occasion and I eat carbs I now tend to go overboard since I so rarely have sweets. I went crazy with the sugar over Christmas, lol. So, I thought if I made a dessert each week, I might not go so crazy on the rare occasion that I do have carbs. Or, better yet, maybe I could just substitute these low carb recipes on special occasions instead of having carbs.

The other benefit is that my husband is insulin resistant and he can eat these desserts without me worrying as much about him.

Edited by Mom0012
  • Like 1

I'm basically a keto person; I kind of hate to say that though! I definitely stick to low carb, healthy fat. I don't do ANY fake or alternative sweetener ever; for many, it can trigger an insulin response similar to real sugar.

If I want something sweet, I eat berries (a good, lower carb fruit) with homemade whipped cream.

(And yes, I ate sugar over Christmas--and Valentine's Day!)

• Like 1

I do THM (which includes both low-carb meals, along with some healthy carb meals) and I absolutely love the All Day I Dream About Food website. Carolyn is amazing and has such great recipes and videos on her site. If you are on Facebook, you should join her group. Lists of great discussion. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThisIsTheDay said:

I'm basically a keto person; I kind of hate to say that though! I definitely stick to low carb, healthy fat. I don't do ANY fake or alternative sweetener ever; for many, it can trigger an insulin response similar to real sugar.

If I want something sweet, I eat berries (a good, lower carb fruit) with homemade whipped cream.

(And yes, I ate sugar over Christmas--and Valentine's Day!)

I have had issues in the past when I’ve eaten things I’ve made with swerve. And, honestly, I did have to fight cravings for more cheesecake last night plus I felt a bit edgy, which is rare for me these days. I keep thinking that’s all in my head though. Or at least hoping. Maybe I will have to limit these treats to no more than once every week or two or try having them on special occasions.

Do you get major inflammation after eating carbs on the holidays? The joints in my feet get so bad I can hardly walk in the mornings after having sugar for a day or two.

9 hours ago, Just Kate said:

I do THM (which includes both low-carb meals, along with some healthy carb meals) and I absolutely love the All Day I Dream About Food website. Carolyn is amazing and has such great recipes and videos on her site. If you are on Facebook, you should join her group. Lists of great discussion. 

Thank you, Kate. That may be a good enough reason to finally get me on Facebook. I tried THM years ago and loved the idea, but was never able to get it to work for me. I started with her mug cake and would eat that for breakfast and then be horribly irritable. I have always struggled with blood sugar issues and keto has been life changing for me. In my early 30s, I realized I *must* have protein at every meal. I still have my THM book, though and always loved the idea of it,

• Like 1