Menu

If you know how to get cheap flights-help!

Meadowlark

I'm thinking this must exist, but I just can't find it. I want to be able to search out flights from our local airport to ANYWHERE (domestically, that is). I don't want to have to put in the destination because quite frankly, I would go just about anywhere if the price was right for all 8 of us. I'm seriously just trying to plan the vacation around where we can get to without breaking the bank. I know Southwest has a low-fare calendar, but I have to put in the destination. So...does such a think exist?

1 hour ago, Meadowlark said:

I know Southwest has a low-fare calendar, but I have to put in the destination.

What you might do (since I love SW and would try to fly that way) is look at the route maps for SW and see what *direct* flight options you have. That might narrow things down a bit. And from my city, it really doesn't matter where you go a flights of a similar distance are all about the same price. So for me, Galveston, Miami, LA, they're all the same price. The only way to go cheaper on SW that I've seen is one have it be a closer flight or two buy your ticks *on the day the new tickets open*. Given how many you're buying, that $10-20 difference would add up and help.

So fwiw, a farther place might be a better deal if you found a cheaper way to stay when you got there. Like fly somewhere and take an RV or stay in a cabin at a state park, kwim? Also SW flies to some more exotic places (Cancun, etc.) and you might be able to line up one of those timeshare preview deals or something and score a deal. Or not, lol. 

Have you thought about cruising during hurricane season? :biggrin: