Menu

Would you eat this.... IP edition

DesertBlossom

Forgotten IP chicken  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat IP chicken that was left in the pot overnight?

• Sure, why not?
    • Heck no!

Last night I put several pounds of chicken in the IP to shred for dinner tonight and tomorrow. When it was done cooking and the pressure released, I unplugged it so it would cool down.... and then totally forgot about it until this morning. The chicken was room temperature, but the lid had never been removed after it was done cooking. I shredded it and put it in the fridge this morning. Bot meals I intended to use it for will cook it again. (chicken pillows and chicken taquitos)  I don't have any more chicken in the freezer so if I don't use it I will need to run to the store or change my menu plans for today and tomorrow. I know the right answer is probably no, and I suppose I could use it as dog training treats, but it's a lot of chicken to go to waste. 😞 

On 2/16/2020 at 4:57 PM, CuriousMomof3 said:

I would eat it, if we weren't dealing with health issues, but I have no idea if that is a safe choice.  I don't really know how an instant pot works.  

However, I have to say that I just googled chicken pillows.  Wow, those sound delicious.  I am going to make them this week!  So, even though I am entirely useless to you, this thread has been very useful to me.

Is there a specific chicken pillow recipe you suggest?

Mine comes from a family cookbook. "Homemade" using pre-made ingredients.

4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded

1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

8 oz cream cheese

4 T soft butter

1/8 t pepper

2 cans Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls (get 3 just in case)

6 T melted butter

bread crumbs

SAUCE:

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1/2 can evaporated milk

1 C sour cream

Preheat oven to 375. Mix chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, butter and pepper together. Shape rolls into squares and add approx 1/2 C chicken filling in center. Fold edges and tuck under to form pillow. Roll in butter and dip in crumbs. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. In a sauce pan, add cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and sour cream and heat through. Pour over cooked chicken pillows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1