Menu

Accountability Thread 2/16-2/22

Morning! February is half over! Anyone really happy about this but me?

Today's goals:

House: catch up the laundry, cat boxes, dishes

Cooking: grilling burgers and chicken because it's not a bad day

School: Oh, darn. Yep. I do have to do those schedules. But we have off tomorrow. I think we might go to the lake if the weather stays fine. It's cool, but not freezing.

Writing: revisions to three chapters, rewarding myself by reading three chapters of the sequel. Started reading it expecting to see it as needing so much work (and it does) but I am just so pulled in I don't want to stop reading it. Sigh. After that, I have a blog post, I need to draft 1000 words in my short story, and do some personal reading.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! February is half over! Anyone really happy about this but me?

Well, I'm all like, "Eeeeeeeekkkk!" 

10 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Writing: revisions to three chapters, rewarding myself by reading three chapters of the sequel. Started reading it expecting to see it as needing so much work (and it does) but I am just so pulled in I don't want to stop reading it. Sigh. After that, I have a blog post, I need to draft 1000 words in my short story, and do some personal reading.

It is so marvelously divine that you are getting pulled in.  Whoo-hoo!!! 

I'm lining up the week.  I want to clean house, garden, eat yummy food I didn't make and read good stuff all week.  Who wouldn't? 

Instead: We ought to get going fairly promptly in the morning, and knock out: piano/memory first; then languages, math, and writing every. single. day.  Exercise for boys AM + PM; yoga, strength + some aerobics for me; read at lunch; assign independent reading; continue to focus on piano.  After the morning school, cleaning and fun. 

Tomorrow I'd also like to make peanut butter cookies, and we need to prep for game night. 

ETA: also next week, review major river systems on the map & globe.

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Morning! 

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bed, bath

Cooking: We have a lot of leftovers, but I have ground beef to cook or freeze. Haven't decided what to do with it just yet.

School: off today, I still need to put together schedules because I didn't get to that yesterday

Writing: Revise three chapters, 1000 words in my draft, post to blog, personal and reward reading!

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: help boys as needed. Starting their geometry today and the set up is a little different than what they are used to. So far, no issues.

Cooking: put up some hamburger patties for later grilling, baked potatoes, rice pudding.

Writing: Revise 3 chapters, 1000 words in short story, personal reading, writers meeting.

• Like 1

Today is sort of like yesterday, part 2: lather, rinse, repeat. 

Focus on things that didn't happen so much yesterday: exercise, piano, and straightening the house.  I did a reasonable amount of organizing & paperwork, but our living are is looking pretty cluttered.

So: school (lots or reading, languages & math); exercise; chores (as much as I can of: paperwork; kitchen; school area; work in bedrooms; garden); RPG notes & edits from yesterday; dinner is -- creek don't rise &c -- easy souffles + salad + tomato soup. 

• Like 1

Morning. Bright and sunny today. I suspect there will be grumbling, but it's too cold for the lake or fishing.

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, kitchen

School: the usual

Cooking: pizza

Writing: Revise three chapters, 1000 words in a short story, read (UGH!--I really don't like this book so far and there is so much of it!), then a reward reading of a book I like (my sequel to the current MS), send out a short story again (was rejected this morning).

• Like 1

Morning! 

Yesterday has some unexpected interruptions (one delightful, a friend we haven't seen in years and who has started his own business and is doing well: what a joy).  So we missed: my exercise; boys' Greek; some room cleaning; my Greek + writing (I'm supposed to keep up with elder in his writing program).  Those are priorities to finish today.  The general hope/wish list:

• School: piano (e/y), memory (e/y) (add Latin and Greek proverbs, go over major rivers), languages (e/y), math (e/y) and writing (e/y).  AM and PM exercise. 
  • Look for "Great Americans for Little Americans" book
  • Do my Greek + writing + exercise
  • House: already did some cleaning in living area + school supplies.  To do: paperwork, bedroom, area where boys' stuff is everywhere, outdoors, water plants; e-mail catch-up. 
  • Like 1

Morning. Kind of in flux this morning while I wait to find out whether we have art or not. The freezing potential seems to have passed us by, birds are singing, and there's sunshine, but my art teacher wasn't sure. So we'll see.

Today's tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen

School: light day, art (maybe)

Cooking: roast, potatoes, gravy, blueberry muffins

Writing: Three chapters to revise, 1000 words of drafting in another story, send out a short story, personal reading, reward reading

• Like 1

Morning! 

• have elder read 15" or so in a Christmas-gift book he never cracked open
  • add a science encyclopedia spread to younger ds' daily reading: see how this goes
  • start with an hour of reading for boys, me writing this (!!!) and working on my writing program, Greek
  • house: hit some of paperwork; kitchen; school stuff; bedrooms; outside; make dinner.  Dinner could be tomato soup + (some protein from the freezer) + salad or greens.
  • school: languages, reading, writing (program for younger, 15-20" of work for elder), math, memory work. 
  • AM & PM exercise for boys, plus exercise for me
  • Like 1

Morning! Late in posting, but I was reading.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen (yeah, I still need to sweep and mop there)

School: usual

Cooking: none

Writing: revise three chapters, 1000 words in another story, personal reading, reward reading.

• Like 1

Morning! 

• Chores today: some of each: paperwork; living room; school supplies 1 & 2; bedroom. 
  • School today: poetry work for writing today (we've largely done this!  like pulling teeth, but in the end everyone was laughing & had a good time); languages (elder, younger); math; piano. 
  • Exercise: AM + PM for boys, + exercise for me.
  • Dinner: ???? I unearthed some frozen shrimp, and we have old but edible purple cabbage, baking essentials, carrots + broccoli + celery, and a ton of potatoes.  I am very curious to see what we end up eating tonight. 
  • Other: get outside.  Time to read & breathe.  Time with DH this evening, we'll have a mini movie night with popcorn. 
  • Like 1

And beginning to look toward next week:

1. Game night: send an e-mail offering our house to meet; plan snacks &c; do character work to achieve these goals: have my character's mechanics easy to see; internalize my character's skills + magical abilities so I can play them fluidly; have understanding of character's personality & how will she will interact with other characters.
  2. School: aim to add as little as possible, and focus on honing what we are doing.  So next week's school is: languages, math, writing, reading (cover history and science here), memory work (including spelling memory for little guy), penmanship; being sure to include poetry reading & writing through the week, ideally we'd read poetry each day and draft a cooperative comparison poem. 
    1. Sunday: use school to hit spelling/word study & grammar, get our language bearings for the week, finish elder's writing for the week, and do something hands-on with boys: some painting with younger, work with elder to jury-rig a table for his chemistry.  To do all this & keep with my goal of not adding stuff on, we'll have to skip math. 
  3. Housework: keep on.  Perhaps develop a more regular schedule. 
    1. Try doing several rounds in same area on a given day: this week I cycled between areas. 
  4. Work some on year review/planning. 
  5. Troubleshoot earth science -- not for next week, but going forward.
    1. have a 6-week plan for elder.  Can I make a similar plan for younger & align them?
  • Like 1

Morning!  Prepping the next week, re-normalizing after last one ...

Big stuff: work on my RPG character, plan meals, read from Gulliver's Travels, exercise, maintain house (cycle through cleaning areas + paperwork + bedroom + yard as I can). 

Little stuff: enjoy the day & my family as much as possible.

ETA: adding for early Sunday:

• e-mail/computer (game group; write A. back; music theory e-mail, music theory thread)
  • RPG work for the day:
    • get my character's level 4 stuff sorted & printed out
    • prep level 5
    • work on mastery of my character's possible actions and mentally rehearse using them

• Like 1