Menu

Look at these Adorable Puppies

Mom0012

Puppy mill or scam. 

Also, tea cup puppies are incredibly unhealthy as a rule - dogs are not supposed to be that small. With that tiny size comes hydrocephalus, dental issues, liver issues, etc. Toy is a thing - tea cup is just a marketing gimmick for runt sized dogs. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Puppy mill or scam. 

Also, tea cup puppies are incredibly unhealthy as a rule - dogs are not supposed to be that small. With that tiny size comes hydrocephalus, dental issues, liver issues, etc. Toy is a thing - tea cup is just a marketing gimmick for runt sized dogs. 

I really thought it was unlikely that they could be healthy, if they were even real. And even if they were, I’d be afraid I’d step on the poor thing or sit on it or something. But, they do really look cute.

Just now, Mom0012 said:

I really thought it was unlikely that they could be healthy, if they were even real. And even if they were, I’d be afraid I’d step on the poor thing or sit on it or something. But, they do really look cute.

I used to work in a veterinary clinic in the Palm Beach area. We saw TONS of tea cup puppies. Three pound fully grown dogs. Etc. So so so unhealthy. 

Run away. Far and fast.

My guess is it's an overseas scam site. The English is very bad on most of the descriptions. And if it's not a scam . . . those are going to be some very unhealthy puppies.

I feel disgustingly icky just from clicking around on that site for a few minutes. IMO those pups are pitiful, not cute at all.

• Like 5

My 3.5lb 5yo dog is pretty darn healthy, but he’s just a runty mutt, not from a line of intentionally bred micro-dogs.  We love him and all, but it IS stressful keeping him safe! It’s also difficult getting him well-fitting harnesses, sweaters, and whatnot when we don’t want to spend obscene amounts for custom made items.  

I wouldn’t intentionally get another teensy dog.  We didn’t actually know that this one would stay so teeny.

• Like 1

Found a few bad reviews of the site, for what they are worth:

https://poshfairytail.pissedconsumer.com/review.html#reviews

https://www.complaintsboard.com/poshfairytail-stay-away-c452265

A little more interesting info can be found in this thread on a Yorkie board: https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/breeder-talk/203637-heard-poshfairytail-7.html

Sounds like perhaps the puppies are imported from Korea? Poor babies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

My 3.5lb 5yo dog is pretty darn healthy, but he’s just a runty mutt, not from a line of intentionally bred micro-dogs.  We love him and all, but it IS stressful keeping him safe! It’s also difficult getting him well-fitting harnesses, sweaters, and whatnot when we don’t want to spend obscene amounts for custom made items.  

I wouldn’t intentionally get another teensy dog.  We didn’t actually know that this one would stay so teeny.

Very small dogs can be healthy. But I'm guessing your little guy has a good bit of Chihuahua in him--a breed that's supposed to be very small. That's a whole different thing than breeding "micro" Maltese or (even worse) "micro" Shih Tzus. That awful site is advertising Shih Tzu puppies they claim will max out at 2.5 to 3 pounds as adults. The Shih Tzu breed standard calls for a minimum weight of 9 pounds. The difference between the breed standard minimum and what that site is offering is like a person who should weigh 150 pounds only weighing 50. Who would ever think that was a good thing?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Very small dogs can be healthy. But I'm guessing your little guy has a good bit of Chihuahua in him--a breed that's supposed to be very small. That's a whole different thing than breeding "micro" Maltese or (even worse) "micro" Shih Tzus. That awful site is advertising Shih Tzu puppies they claim will max out at 2.5 to 3 pounds as adults. The Shih Tzu breed standard calls for a minimum weight of 9 pounds. The difference between the breed standard minimum and what that site is offering is like a person who should weigh 150 pounds only weighing 50. Who would ever think that was a good thing?

Yes, he is mostly Chihuahua. Which is why we were expecting small, but not this small even based on his puppy weight.  I just wanted to stress that caring for an itsy bitsy thing, healthy or not, is a LOT.  Anyone considering it should try to envision caring for a large rodent that can’t be caged all day.  You have to let it loose in the house, take it out several times a day, train it, groom it, “dress” it, vet it, socialize it, not sit or step on it... not let the cat eat it... all things that are really hard to do with something the size of a large rodent!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Yes, he is mostly Chihuahua. Which is why we were expecting small, but not this small even based on his puppy weight.  I just wanted to stress that caring for an itsy bitsy thing, healthy or not, is a LOT.  Anyone considering it should try to envision caring for a large rodent that can’t be caged all day.  You have to let it loose in the house, take it out several times a day, train it, groom it, “dress” it, vet it, socialize it, not sit or step on it... not let the cat eat it... all things that are really hard to do with something the size of a large rodent!

And when they are puppies they are hugely at risk for hypoglycemia - I've seen one even get to the point of seizures from it. They can die from low blood sugar, pneumonia, etc. It's like caring for a premie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ktgrok said:

And when they are puppies they are hugely at risk for hypoglycemia - I've seen one even get to the point of seizures from it. They can die from low blood sugar, pneumonia, etc. It's like caring for a premie. 

Yep. For puppies as small as the ones on that website you better be sure to have some Karo syrup for hypoglycemic emergencies, plan on offering food every hour or two--and being there to supervise to make sure pup eats some, not just leaving the puppy crated with some food while you're out working or doing errands--and plan to be vigilant 24/7. When we got our Shih Tzu he was 11 weeks old and weighed a very healthy 4 pounds.  And even then I was hyper alert for awhile, and I made sure I had some Karo syrup before we brought him home.