Menu

Algebra 2 for kid who likes Jacobs Geometry

If he is comfortable doing Jacobs independently, he might enjoy Foerster's Alg 2. It's written to the student and very clear, IMO.

Here's a link to the video course from Math Without Borders, or you could just get the student book and TE, used. Scroll down for the titles and ISBN#'s.

https://www.mathwithoutborders.com/algebra-2-trigonometry/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

If he is comfortable doing Jacobs independently, he might enjoy Foerster's Alg 2. It's written to the student and very clear, IMO.

Here's a link to the video course from Math Without Borders, or you could just get the student book and TE, used. Scroll down for the titles and ISBN#'s.

https://www.mathwithoutborders.com/algebra-2-trigonometry/

Oh, perfect-- that may work well. I will take a look. Probably we can do just the book and TE. He likes to work independently and just ask for help when he gets stuck. Thank you!

• Like 1

I have Lials, Larson, and Foersters Alg 2 books that I am deciding between for my son who jus finished AoPS geometry and didn't want to go through their intermediate series. Thanks to everyone who recommended Foersters. After reviewing those three texts, Foersters seems like a great fit for us. Each section has a "do these quickly" problems which are meant for quick review. Each section has solid teaching geared towards the student. Great word problems. No distracting visuals and pictures of random stuff. Deeper thinking involved in the more advanced problems. Answers only to the odds in back of book. 

• Like 1

Also, Chegg dot com has worked solutions for most problems in the book. I ordered ISBN # 0-13-165710-0 because it has the solutions. Another Foerster's edition is on that site as well. It appears as though some solutions are free, but to access others, you need to subscribe to the site, which is $15/month. Ugh. I have no idea which are the free problems.

Edited by annegables
additional info
  • Like 1