Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Scout, I'm thinking about you this morning and praying you had a better night and get the results you need to get better soon!

The usuals are done.

• coffee
  • get ready
  • meals
  • breakfast out with friend
  • shopping
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student
  • co-op planning for next classes
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

• office work - pay lots of bills
  • update my computer
  • dust
  • vacuum upstairs & basement
  • get garbage & laundry out of ds19's room 
  • repot one plant (which has been knocked over by the cat twice in the past few days)
  • plant two trays of microgreens (I grew some fenugreek greens & boy do they have a strong & unusual smell and taste - kind of like bitter maple syrup)
  • puppy training 
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: sweet potato taco bowls
  • Like 7

Coffee and yogurt 

Go for a walk

Reschedule a rheumatologist appointment. Tried yesterday but system was down

Shower

Go to Costco

Making shopping list for meal I’m bringing to a pregnant lady in our church 

Make dinner

Relax

Hope everyone has a great day🌺

• Like 7

I slept last night! 8:30-4:30! Then back to sleep til 6:45. I think the mag-cal-zinc supplement got the leg cramps. Three tablets =RDA of 400, but I took 4, 2 each at noon and bedtime.

Still weak and nauseated, but not as bad with zero carbs for dinner and just a few (spinach and a couple cherry tomatoes) at b'fast. 

Today:

fold my laundry and put it away

drive dd to tutorial done

mail a letter at the P.O.  

rest! read, maybe watch a movie?

maybe dh can pick up kids in the afternoon/evening? 

dinner? Figure out something easy with what I have.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Howdy, happy Tuesday!

Done:

• Laundry in the wee hours so kids could have gym suits.
  • A tiny bit of work before bed.
  • Slept poorly because I wanted to get up and work (but didn't).
  • Kids up and off to the school bus - all arrived at the stop at the same time.  The bus has been coming a minute or so late this week, but whatever.
  • Finished the kids' breakfast, washed the dishes, cleaned a bit of clutter.
  • Two texts to kids' friends' moms re summer activities.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, social media, news, and electronic school stuff.
  • I'm drinking the coffee I made last night.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Focus focus focus.
  • Client work - I promised some things overnight so they are just about late now.
  • At least one morning conference call, ugh!
  • Don't forget cash transfers for clients.
  • Exercise, walking ....
  • Need to get cash to pay the fixit guy.
  • Fixit guy will come around 4pm to finish the kitchen.
  • Kid2 has horse riding (driver will drive).
  • Figure out dinner if we have no kitchen.
  • Force both kids to do music practice, homework, and maybe some scout work.
  • Put the kitchen back in order after the fixit guy leaves.
  • Get things ready for tomorrow morning.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Good morning!

Done so far....
...coffee (well, there is one more cup in my future...)
....sent DH and DS22 out the door on time
....started a load of laundry
....woke DS14 on time (we have ortho at 9)
....wrote 2 school emails for parents
...prayed for/texted a friend who's at an oncology appointment for/with her husband
....figured out dinner plans for tonight (baked regular & sweet potatoes, filled with leftover last-night's chicken, b/c we never actually had baked potatoes last week)
...got DH to order a room humidifier for DS22, who keeps having nose bleeds at night (DS says they don't bother him, but I am tired of blood on the sheets/pillow cases/etc)
....texted DS19 a good morning text

Still to do today....
...orthodontist appointment for DS14
....call DS22's actual psychiatrist, get an appt for ASAP, b/c the therapy place keeps not actually having the psych check on him, so he's had no check-in even for his meds since discharge over a week ago, and we really want him under the care of one consistent person for this to be sure it gets properly monitored/sorted/etc. (he's VERY tired since he went in)
....school with DS14 -- science, Barton, math
....pick up DS22 from therapy
...swap laundry, fold/put away by end of day
....DS14 to fencing??? (the way this works, I would need to take DS to fencing, drop him there, pick up DS from therapy, return to fencing, wait the final half hour, pick up DS, go home, but it makes the timing tight on all ends, so......not sure; with traffic as unpredictable as it is, I don't know if I want to cut it that close on everything, so, we shall see....)
....sew some more on the current quilt
....scan in some math pages for one parent, who has ordered but not rec'd her son's math book yet; email those to her
....dinner: remember to put the potatoes in to bake early enough that we can actually eat at a normal time
....TV/board game together tonight?? video game?? Not sure what the after-dinner activity will be....

I think that's it.....have a good day, everyone!

• Like 7

Good morning! We are all moving slowly- though dd2 needs to get a move on... It snowed a couple of inches last night- light powdery snow. Today is errand day.

• coffee/paper
  • dh to work
  • daily chores
  • school with ds3
  • haircut/lunch/bank with ds3
  • drop off box for Goodwill
  • grocery store
  • home to more school
  • ds3 to tennis
  • library hold pick up
  • pick up ds3 early
  • pick up dh
  • dinner- not sure yet- something easy (dh has choir)- dd suggests breakfast- yum...

Have a great day!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Selkie, I remember when ddil was taking fenugreek to help milk supply, and I had warned her she might smell like maple syrup.  I had never taken it so I was just telling her what I had heard.  She couldn't believe how strong the smell was!  😁

Yes, it is pungent! The sprouts taste so bitter that I had already decided not to eat them, and then I found out from google that it gives you fenugreek-scented body odor for days afterward. No thank you!! I don't think I could stand myself!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

So my client called early for the conference call bc he had a schedule change at his end.  We have a plan, I did step 1, and it's in others' court now.  So that is over and I don't have to spend the next hour worrying about it.  But my other project that I was hoping to finish before noon ... isn't.  😕  Oh well!

Someday ... someday I will get my shit together.

So hard to prioritize though.  Health?  Family?  Intellectual stimulation?  Decent house?  Timely and excellent work?  It always seems that getting ahead on one means getting behind on another.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, SKL said:

So hard to prioritize though.  Health?  Family?  Intellectual stimulation?  Decent house?  Timely and excellent work?  It always seems that getting ahead on one means getting behind on another.

This is pretty much my life story, too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Plan B

My blood sugars are way high. Confirmed diabetes. Seeing PCP in two hrs.

All the rest of my life is on hold until we get this under control and find my new normal.

Next up:

Shower. Rest til time to go.

(((hugs & prayers, Scout))) I'm glad they found out what it is, so it can now be managed properly; I"m sorry it's this, and for all you're dealing with, though. Praying for you. 

36 minutes ago, SKL said:

So my client called early for the conference call bc he had a schedule change at his end.  We have a plan, I did step 1, and it's in others' court now.  So that is over and I don't have to spend the next hour worrying about it.  But my other project that I was hoping to finish before noon ... isn't.  😕  Oh well!

Gosh, I understand this, too. (((hugs)))

• Like 5

Dd wants to go to the coffee shop farther away this morning.  To celebrate being done with homeschool?  Not sure.  I am eating before I go though because my bloodsugars will go out of control if I try to eat there.  So having my eggs and bone broth here and I will get a cup of sugarless iced tea (or hot . . . haven't decided on which yet) there. 

human care done

pet care done.  Juliet threw up in her crate this morning (possibly - at least she did right before she reached the back door and was heaving in the crate) so I will do her crate laundry.  It's pretty much time to do her crate laundry anyway. 

medical care done

any ideas for a low carb, gluten free, dairy free dinner? 

• Like 5

Home from orthodontist; they are (again/still) concerned about how inflamed his gums are and suggested salt water rinses twice a day; we'll start that and hope it helps reduce things. He's doing all of the hygiene side of things that they keep suggesting -- brushing well with an electric toothbrush, using the water pic, using mouthwash nightly.....the dentist is never upset with his brushing/tooth care, yet the gums keep getting worse.  The fill-in dentist suggested it could possibly be a reaction to the metal itself. 

Other than that, have also:
...moved clothes to the dryer
...eating lunch
....emailed the apartments again about negotiating the rest of the lease, and reminded them they still owe us $1000 gift card anyway
....called the psych and tried to set up an appt; they're going to check whether next week is good or she wants to rearrange things and get him in sooner and call me back
...texted with DS19 🙂

Oh yea, and also, shooed a bird out of the house. Mighty Hunter Kitty brought in a mockingbird this morning before we left for the orthodontist. An adult mockingbird. Very much alive. She managed to catch it, carry it in from wherever she caught it, through TWO dog doors (one from outside to garage, one from garage to house) and then let it go in the house/it got away from her.  It tried to fly out the window, so I got the dogs/cats locked in the bedroom with DS, closed the blinds (the bird flew up to a picture frame on top of the kitchen cabinets), opened the back door so the bird could see its way out, and coaxed it out that way. Whew. Fun and excitement that I did not need this morning. 

So, still up:
....load dishwasher
....school
...no fencing, I'm not comfortable with the time crunch
....pick up DS22 
....sew
...fold the laundry when it's ready
....dinner

• Like 6

Ugh ... new complications for client issue.  (Not my fault, but my job to fix it fast.)  Waiting on people to give me the password I need.

Also ... just remembered I have another really big deadline coming up.  Good thing I remembered now and not next week!  Will have to get that mostly done tonight.

Back to trying to solve crazy ....

• Like 6

This morning, two of my kids sent my texts from school. DD14 wanted me to bring her an item of clothing, and DS15 said he felt sick and needed to come home. Their schools are less than 10 minutes apart, so I was able to drive a loop to stop at DD's middle school first, before picking up DS15 at the high school after his math class. I wanted to also drop some books at the library, but DS said he didn't want me to, so I came home. Will do the library another day.

Since DS15 was here and didn't need attention from me, I took advantage of having someone else in the house and left him downstairs on the couch to be a companion for the dog, and I went up to my room and took a nap for a few hours (DS didn't mind; I gave him the choice of being upstairs or downstairs himself). I feel much more rested now, but I haven't gotten anything else done. Except the dishwasher and washing machine are both going; I guess that's something, at least.

Take DD14 to an appointment at 3:30, which means I will be gone from 3:00-5:00.
Quick supper -- DH is bringing pizza, since I won't be home to be cooking and didn't manage to prepare anything ahead this morning
DD18 cheers at a home basketball game at 6:00. I will probably go to watch (her, not the game, which I have little interest in -- I'm not sporty)
Somewhere in there, I need to make sure the kids do their homework and DS14 does his laundry
Pick up kitty's cremains from the vet, which is across the street from DD18's school. I should call to tell them we are coming.

So I'm not getting much housework done today, but it will still be waiting for me for tomorrow.

• Like 7

Back from lunch, grocery store, and haircut. When his hair is cut short, ds3 is the spitting image of dh's dad in his senior picture from 1947. It is eerie. Ears, cowlick, and the same crooked smile.

Started some bread dough in the machine and put all the groceries away.

Next up: read a little, take ds3 to the gym before tennis, library

do a little baking, and make some make-ahead breakfast things for dd2

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

Jean, so is this your daughter's senior year, and she is finishing early? That is a big accomplishment!!!

Yes.  And yes, it is.  She's been doubling up assignments and working very hard.  Since until last  year she was at least six months behind in school due to lots of health challenges, this is even more of an accomplishment!  But it is a very bittersweet time for me because she's in a very big hurry to be all grown up.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes.  And yes, it is.  She's been doubling up assignments and working very hard.  Since until last  year she was at least six months behind in school due to lots of health challenges, this is even more of an accomplishment!  But it is a very bittersweet time for me because she's in a very big hurry to be all grown up.

(((Jean))) I'm feeling bittersweet, too, as my dd finishes up her last year. I keep thinking how strange and empty the house will feel next fall (well, except for dh and my million animals, but still...). Time has flown much too fast for my liking.

• Like 5

Home from the doc, resting. Dh is picking up ds from school, then my Rx and blood sugar test kit. 

Another parent can drive the carpool tomorrow morning. My boss at church got a sub for my class tomorow night. Hoping dh can do the school pick up-piano-church part of tomorrow. Dd has a piano competition in a month, so she really needs to make her lesson. 

Doc will call tomorrow with results of the blood tests. A1C was 12.6 today, so the high blood sugars have been happening for a while. 

Dinner?! No idea. Leftovers or order out. Salad and homemade  broth for me. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Scout, I hope you start feeling better soon. Some hospitals / medical centers have diabetes education classes, where they teach about recommended nutrition, exercise, etc. to help control blood sugar. If you don't automatically get referred to something like this, you can ask your doctor about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

DS called/texted to be picked up early today, skipping the lunch there (which is optional anyway), so went and did that, which makes it good we didn't do fencing b/c two places/one time/not possible.  As I pulled in, he texted that the doc wanted to see him (finally) so waited on that.

I feel much better after that -- they called me in at the end to check how he is at home and I was able to relay what he wasn't, that he's sleeping A LOT but otherwise better. So we're on a step-down plan on the med that is duplicating the shot, and then there's a plan after that for changing/lowering one of the others to something better/safer to be on and more specific to his symptoms/diagnosis, and so I feel very good about this plan. 

Came home and took migraine meds and a nap; feel a bit better, still headache, but not as bad. Le sigh. I need to check the calendar and see if this is "the" migraine of the month or something else. It feels early, but maybe I'm wrong. 

DH is home early (yay!) so we're going to run some errands in a minute. 

Have not done school yet with DS14, so will do that.....while the potatoes cook?? He'll love that. 

His new grammar/lang arts stuff arrived (yay!!) so will get that set up tonight after dinner maybe, or that can be a project for tomorrow. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Storygirl said:

Scout, I hope you start feeling better soon. Some hospitals / medical centers have diabetes education classes, where they teach about recommended nutrition, exercise, etc. to help control blood sugar. If you don't automatically get referred to something like this, you can ask your doctor about it.

Sounds good. I understand the chemistry and basic daily care, since I have a sibling with it and also other family members and close friends. But I'm sure I still have lots to learn! 

Eta: Set up my blood sugar meter and did a trial to see how it works. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Jean, what will your dd do after homeschool? 

Congratulations to both of you!!!

• Like 4