Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Another school week begins. I am ready for summer, so that I don't have to be up at 6 am daily, but it's a long time away. Sigh. Fortunately, DH helps rally the kids in the mornings and also does the first dog walking every day, so that I don't have to be completely functional right away. I appreciate that about him. He is also tired in the mornings but seems to be able to wake up more easily than I do.

✔️Shower
✔️Wash sheets and towels
Remake the bed
One or two other loads of laundry
Review materials for the school meeting tonight about signing my two 8th graders up for high school classes.
Pick up DD14 around 9:30 for ortho appointment and then return her to school. Invisalign off today, then we are done with a total of 7 rounds of braces!!!
Prep soup for supper. We'll have to eat quickly after DH gets home to make it to the school by 6:15 for the meeting
Perhaps write an email to the special ed coordinator, confirming that I'm okay with suggested changes for DS15's class placement for next year.
Crack open my paper planner and actually fill it out for this week, instead of just eyeing it laying there on the counter. There is a reason I bought it, and I need to use it.
Bible reading
Actually bag up the winter coats  -- this has been on my list for awhile, and I haven't done it. Which is why I need to make lists and actually follow them.
Nap, if I can. Still sleep deprived. Still need to work on getting to bed earlier.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 10

Good morning! I'm sleep deprived too. Up since 2:30 with leg cramps. Utterly exhausted after weeks of this. Appt. with my pcp on Wednesday.

Today:

• Drive carpool doneo
  • Ob/Gyn checkup  
  • School with dd
  • Figure out dinner and make it. 
  • Tutoring 1 student 
  • Make a Scoutbook acct for me.
  • Pick up ds
  • Make sure ds gets to Scouts
  • Fall apart

@TravelingChris  Which new mexican place are you trying? 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

Scout, I'm so sorry you are dealing with those terrible leg cramps!

Today is my birthday, but it will be a regular school day. Dd was still here this weekend and they gave me a birthday breakfast yesterday. I went with her for her final "move" yesterday because she didn't have room to take everything. She took me out to a great restaurant for lunch. It was very emotional leaving her. Pray she finds good friends and community. I worry about her being lonely. 

I slept in, and now I need to get going

• coffee
  • meals
  • school with ds
  • tutor 2 students
  • meal plan and grocery shopping
  • dh and ds to swim
  • play games after dinner 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 10

Good morning!

Happy birthday, Amy! 🌸

Scout, I hope the doctor you're seeing today can help you with the leg cramps.

May, I haven't worn a size 6 1/2 since I was about ten years old. We all have big clodhopper feet in this family!

Storygirl, congrats on being done with braces! 

The full moon above the snowy landscape is gorgeous this morning - I tried to get some photos, but they don't do it justice. Nothing much happening here today, other than the usuals. Ds21 will be home for dinner and maybe to spend the night. He is coming down to work on his truck - the toolbox on the back has a jammed lock. Rather than pay a locksmith $80 to fix it, he is going to drill it out himself. 

• office work - mostly bills & getting my desk organized
  • vacuum main floor and steps
  • use magic eraser on walls
  • unclog my bathroom sink again (why this sink keeps getting clogged is a mystery because I only use it a few times a day to wash my hands and brush teeth🤷‍♀️)
  • update my calendar and planner book
  • work on puppy training
  • dinner: Buddha bowls 
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday, Amy!

PT appointments today for dd2 and ds3. dd2 left for practice and I think she has the keys to both cars- so I hope she checks her phone when she gets out of practice! She texted with key location! Whew...

• coffee/paper
  • call to excuse dd2 for her PT appointment
  • take dh to work
  • ds3 is sleeping in a little
  • make foccacia for dinner (chicken sandwiches)
  • school with ds3
  • PT appointment
  • stop for a donut treat after
  • rest day for athletes- they should be home tonight and in bed early
  • dinner- chicken sandwiches

Have a great day!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Morning, all!   Happy Birthday, Amy!   Scout, leg cramps are awful.  I hope you find relief soon...

I want to do nothing but lay in bed today with blankets, books and the remote control.  It is cold and windy today, and I'm tired from yesterday.  Anyways...

• coffee, expecting more in this area today
  • walk puppy who hates the wind, wants to be carried
  • laundry
  • call Amazon regarding returns because I missed the deadline
  • early trip to Walmart, Sprouts for menus for the week
  • do some self care items like pedicure, do a deep lotion condition for hands, feet...eyebrows
  • something involving ground beef for dinner
  • read, relax

Have a great day!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Storygirl said:

Another school week begins. I am ready for summer, so that I don't have to be up at 6 am daily, but it's a long time away. Sigh. Fortunately, DH helps rally the kids in the mornings and also does the first dog walking every day, so that I don't have to be completely functional right away. I appreciate that about him. He is also tired in the mornings but seems to be able to wake up more easily than I do.

✔️Shower
✔️Wash sheets and towels
Remake the bed
✔️One or two other loads of laundry
Review materials for the school meeting tonight about signing my two 8th graders up for high school classes.
✔️Pick up DD14 around 9:30 for ortho appointment and then return her to school. Invisalign off today, then we are done with a total of 7 rounds of braces!!!
✔️Prep soup for supper. We'll have to eat quickly after DH gets home to make it to the school by 6:15 for the meeting
Perhaps write an email to the special ed coordinator, confirming that I'm okay with suggested changes for DS15's class placement for next year.
Crack open my paper planner and actually fill it out for this week, instead of just eyeing it laying there on the counter. There is a reason I bought it, and I need to use it.
Bible reading
✔️Actually bag up the winter coats  -- this has been on my list for awhile, and I haven't done it. Which is why I need to make lists and actually follow them.
✔️Nap, if I can. Still sleep deprived. Still need to work on getting to bed earlier.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Got ds to school. Made some lunch and started dinner. Feeling horrible. Nauseated all the time, thirsty, exhausted. Resting now. 

Asking dh to pick up ds from school. Rest of my list is punted.

Ask the doctor to include testing for diabetes.  Diabetes would explain some of your symptoms and high blood sugars deplete our bodies of minerals like magnesium and calcium, leading to leg cramps. 

• Like 5

All done vacuuming. 

Ds19 texted and said he is coming home for awhile this afternoon, too.

Just finishing up lunch and then headed out to the barn.

Our produce box has had a variety of oranges lately and all of them have been so good, but I just bit into one that was very bitter - ack. Swilling lots of coffee to get rid of the taste.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Good morning! I'm sleep deprived too. Up since 2:30 with leg cramps. Utterly exhausted after weeks of this. Appt. with my pcp on Wednesday.

Today:

• Drive carpool doneo
  • Ob/Gyn checkup  
  • School with dd
  • Figure out dinner and make it. 
  • Tutoring 1 student 
  • Make a Scoutbook acct for me.
  • Pick up ds
  • Make sure ds gets to Scouts
  • Fall apart

@TravelingChris  Which new mexican place are you trying? 

Sopapillas in Franklin.  It is super tasty

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ask the doctor to include testing for diabetes.  Diabetes would explain some of your symptoms and high blood sugars deplete our bodies of minerals like magnesium and calcium, leading to leg cramps. 

Yep, pretty sure it's diabetes. It runs in my family. 

They did non-fasting blood sugar and A1c today - results tomorrow. If they are super high, my Ob/Gyn, whom I saw today, will call the pcp and get her to work me in tomorrow, instead of waiting til Wed.

• Like 4

Howdy.  I'm trying hard to get focused on my work.  Finally, after hours of poor focus, I sent out several things so my clients won't think I fell off the edge of the earth.  Of course I am still behind.

The fixit guy is installing our new kitchen /laundry floor right now.  I hope he is successfully finished tonight, as I really need to do laundry, not to mention feed my kids.

I did about 1/4 of my daily exercise and a little reading and cleaning.

Off to fill out an audit confirm....

• Like 6

Whew. Home. I love Mondays, but they are long. Mondays are my "teach at the homeschool enrichment place" day, where I teach K and then 1st (8:30-11:30 K, recess/lunch, 12:30-3:30 1st). Fun -- so fun, I honestly love every minute of it. But when I get home....I am beat. It's a good tired, but still tired. 

So, today I did manage to get dinner in the crockpot before I left my house (yay!!), got everyone out the door on time that I'm responsible for, taught my classes, came home, updated the homework page to my classes (they do the work at home during the week; we only meet once/week), sent the emails out to the families, checked on my oldest and talked with him about how things are going (good), fed the mutts, etc. 

Had a weird/freaky thing happen -- there was a half a lizard on the floor in the entry way when I got home; I went to pick it up (our one cat hunts/kills things, brings them in to leave for us) and dispose of it. Only, it was the head-end of the lizard and it was still alive!!! Not just "oh, reflex" but "tried to crawl away from me" alive. Umm. Weird!!!! We debated what to do....I mean, I know lizards can regrow their tails, but.....???? DS 22 made the decision and took care of it, so that was that, but it was a very odd/weird/freaky thing to witness. 

Still up:
..dh has to get home (he had a LOT of extra running today, with the kids in 3 places, so is working late)
...eat the dinner (make a veggie to go with; utilize one of the many frozen pre-made "steam & serve" veggies I bought)
....fold/put away the still waiting laundry from the dryer (probably run the "fluff" cycle for a few minutes to de-wrinkle it...?)
....check on DS19  (he still wants to quit school; dh checked his grades, and we may go ahead and let him.....:sigh:.....)
....something fun after dinner??? I'm thinking probably it will be a "me and DH watch TV" night and the kids hang out upstairs, but we'll see

My plan is to choose the veggie, look at timing, have it ready when DH gets home; meanwhile, fold the clothes and put them away, so when he gets home, all we have to do is eat and veg out. And then go to bed. 

• Like 6

Pick up ds from school
Finished a novel
Folded a load of kitchen linens
Talked to my mom on the phone
About to have a cup of homemade beef stock and some cheese for my dinner.

After that:
Start some laundry
Read something light and entertaining

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6