Menu

My robot vacuum

Scarlett

I love it.  I am amazed at how much it collects.  For instance I cleaned my floors ( swept and mopped) last Sunday before Superbowl and ran the robot on Tuesday and it collected a whole tray of dirt!  So I am starting to run it more often.  I was curious how often you run yours and for approximately how much sf. And how many pets and kids.  We have a short hair pup, a cat and no kids.  Just 3 adults.  I use the robot on about 1600 sf of our house. 

• Like 2

We got one around Christmas.  We are messy cooks and eaters, we run it daily downstairs.  We also have a chair that is shedding.  No pets.  

We take it upstairs to vacuum the bedrooms and schoolrooms every few weeks.

We have the Eufy.  It is like a little toddler, it occasionally eats something or gets stuck somewhere.  We really like it, though, it does a great job vacuuming. It is quiet and stupid but diligent.  It keeps driving around and eventually gets up all the kitchen crumbs and chair pieces.

Edited by ElizabethB

Love it.  I generally run mine every day in what’s probably around 600sf, give or take. It’s the high traffic area of the house.  I send him into the boys’ room every now and then.  I still do the second floor (master bedroom and loft) with the regular vacuum because it’s there.

I do get frustrated because he gets stuck between our runner and bookshelf, so I try to remember to block that area off.

Yes, it’s a he, and he has a name.

We have 4 sloppy kids and a cat. (The tiny dog doesn’t shed.)

Edited by Carrie12345
  • Like 1

I still use my regular vacuum cleaner for the bedrooms and other stuff. Sounds like every day is not unreasonable for us. 

Mine gets stuck under the refrigerator. And it is very dumb about going home. But overall it is much more useful than I ever dreamed it would be.  It was a gift.....I doubt I would have ever bought one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hadley said:

Do any of you have hardwood floors?  I’ve been pondering purchasing one of these cuties, but I’m concerned that it might leave scratches on the floor...Ours has a dark finish, so if we sneeze, it makes a mark across the room...

I would like to know too....my mom has dark hardwoods and wondered. I have tile and plastic wood look.  

For those looking at them I highly recommend Vacuum Wars on youtube - I know they have several videos about robot vacuums in particular. The guy that does the videos owns a cleaning service and does a great job breaking down the pros and cons of various models. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

I still use my regular vacuum cleaner for the bedrooms and other stuff. Sounds like every day is not unreasonable for us. 

Mine gets stuck under the refrigerator. And it is very dumb about going home. But overall it is much more useful than I ever dreamed it would be.  It was a gift.....I doubt I would have ever bought one. 

Mine can’t make his way home on his own, most likely because my base is under an end table, without the open radius it says to keep.  I don’t have any spot in my house that would meet that requirement!

I love mine.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it rubs dark streaks on the white baseboards, and I noticed it's rubbed a scrape on some furniture legs.  I saw online where someone put something around it - I don't remembered if it was the soft side of Velcro tape or some kind of foam padding tape - as protection to the wall and furniture.   I didn't bother, and now I wish I had.

5 hours ago, Hadley said:

Do any of you have hardwood floors?  I’ve been pondering purchasing one of these cuties, but I’m concerned that it might leave scratches on the floor...Ours has a dark finish, so if we sneeze, it makes a mark across the room...

I do. The brushes are way to soft to leave any marks.

When I'm ready to send out the beast, I pick up all the dining room/kitchen table chairs and put them upside down on the tables; pic up all the area rugs (because I want all of the floor to be clean), and pick up the kitty climbing thingies (which are not very tall), so that the beast can clean all of the surfaces instead of spending time (and battery) creeping around all the legs and whatnot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:19 PM, Ellie said:

I do. The brushes are way to soft to leave any marks.

When I'm ready to send out the beast, I pick up all the dining room/kitchen table chairs and put them upside down on the tables; pic up all the area rugs (because I want all of the floor to be clean), and pick up the kitty climbing thingies (which are not very tall), so that the beast can clean all of the surfaces instead of spending time (and battery) creeping around all the legs and whatnot.

Good idea. I waste a lot of time watching in fascination as the little robot goes around and around chair legs. 

• Haha 4