Menu

Word Problems in Math

I have a copy of Crossing the River with Dogs  which someone told me about several years ago. It's sort of mentally on my list for when we hit that stage, hopefully in the next year or two. Also some of the major publishers (Scholastic, Evan Moor, Teacher Created Resources, Teacher Created Materials, etc.) have word problem books. I've used several of them and they are definitely helpful. Teeny tiny bites, just a few on each page. I like the daily warmup type ones. For my ds it's both the computation and the LANGUAGE that are the issues. 

Mathtacular by Sonlight - I think it is level 4 which is a complete series on word problems and how to solve.  It has a cheesy (very cheesy) detective story that goes along with each lesson and then problems to work through gradually building upon the next one.  Does a great job of presenting key words and how to eliminate info not needed and how to set up problems.