Menu

WWYD, every child wants to come along for college visit

Janeway

16 hours ago, katilac said:

iirc, he didn't say he wanted to go until the night before, so that's different to me. 

Let us know what you did, OP! Your ds should be in the middle of his visit right now, hope it's going well. 

But it is how he sees it that counts.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, katilac said:

My oldest went to school a 7-hour drive away (she graduates this semester) and it was indeed hard having her so far away. Her sister is local, like 30-45 minutes. She lives on campus and stays so busy that we honestly don't see her a ton more than we do oldest - but it's just so much easier knowing we could see her, get to her, help her as needed, and so on. 

The current plan is for her to come home after graduation, and I hope it works out that way! She loves her school, it was good for her, but we're all ready for her to be home for a while. 

If he does pick this school, I will say that calls and texting and video chat do make it much easier. I went to school an hour away but never spoke to my parents during the week, because long distance was so expensive before cell phones! 

Turns out he loves the school, but it is so far away that I need more time to process.