Menu

New Editions of "the Story of the World #3" and its Activity Book!

Well-Trained Mind Press is excited to announce that the Revised Editions of The Story of the World, Volume 3 and its Activity Book are now available on our store!

Activity Book includes:

• 45 new coloring pages

• Brand new, beautiful boards for board games

• Improved art and easier-to-read directions for craft templates (including new paper dolls)

• Updated Book Lists that combine the best selections from the Original edition with the best of the books published in the past 10 years about the related topics

• New review cards for every chapter

• Better typesetting, easier to read and navigate

• Parent answer key for the map work

Text includes:

• 48 new illustrations (of higher quality than the illustrations in the Original!)

• Easier to read, prettier typesetting

• Pronunciation guide included

• Revised text (this only affects about 1 percent of the text: fixing typos, etc)

• Timeline with associated chapters

You can also purchase just the Student Pages or just the Coloring Pages (although you would then miss out on the great new book lists).

Purchase the Revised Editions

Frequently Asked Questions about the Revised Edition

Watch Susan Wise Bauer explain the Revised Edition

The physical and PDF versions are on our store now. The physical versions will also be available on Amazon and at other retailers by March 1.

• 1 month later...

Got my copy! It looks great though I’m disappointed the maps were not updated/redrawn. The ones in volumes 1 and 2 are much “cleaner”. Was there a reason for not doing this?

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Got my copy! It looks great though I’m disappointed the maps were not updated/redrawn. The ones in volumes 1 and 2 are much “cleaner”. Was there a reason for not doing this?

Hi Paradox5,

Thanks for asking. When we were deciding what to revise/update, we had to choose where to put our limited resources/money, and we ended up focusing on the booklists, coloring pages, craft templates, board games, paper dolls, review cards, etc, as we felt that the existing ones just weren't up to our 2020 standard. So we put our efforts there.

The maps were, we felt, good enough. But you're right that the Volume 1 & 2 maps are superior.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Btervet said:

Can I used the revised activity book with the original text?

Yup!   There’s an article about it in the FAQ’s.  Scroll down to the blue part of this page and click on FAQ’s.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, goldenecho said:

Excited about this!

Any chance in the future of a revision of Volume I that would deal with some of these historical errors?   

http://imaginativehomeschool.blogspot.com/2016/09/story-of-world-error-list.html

We are planning an update to Volume 1, but it wouldn't be for at least 2 years. Stay tuned for updates. And yes, we'll be going through it with a fine-toothed comb to correct anything that needs correcting. Thanks!

21 hours ago, Press Minion said:

We are planning an update to Volume 1, but it wouldn't be for at least 2 years. Stay tuned for updates. And yes, we'll be going through it with a fine-toothed comb to correct anything that needs correcting. Thanks!

Great to know!   🙂