Menu

What's with the ads?

CuriousMomof3

If you have a few minutes to pray

My 10 year old is having a minor outpatient procedure this morning to see if we can get some  pain relief for him.  It’s a common procedure with minimal risks but he’s had a few minor procedures go really badly in the past few months so everybody’s anxiety is running high.  

If anyone has a moment to pray for relief from pain and fear for him, I’d be grateful.  

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

I pray the procedure will go smoothly and he will get relief from the pain! May all your fears be calmed! 

• Thanks 1

Praying for him, for his care team/doctors, and for peace that passes understanding for all of you. (((hugs)))

• Thanks 1

Praying, we were just there a few weeks ago with my 10 yr old, it is a bit nervewracking 😞

• Thanks 1

I just saw this now, but I am praying that the procedure was successful, with no complications, and that the Lord will lift up your entire family with His strength and grace.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katy said:

any updates?

He's in recovery.  So far, he's managed to avoid panic, and to allow us to support him through a really long day.  The latter is huge for him, although I don't want to count my proverbial chickens until he's home in his own bed.  

We won't know whether it worked, and whether he's past the risk of infection for a few days, but avoiding panic, or cardiac complications during the procedure is a huge relief. 

• Like 24

1 minute ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

He's in recovery.  So far, he's managed to avoid panic, and to allow us to support him through a really long day.  The latter is huge for him, although I don't want to count my proverbial chickens until he's home in his own bed.  

We won't know whether it worked, and whether he's past the risk of infection for a few days, but avoiding panic, or cardiac complications during the procedure is a huge relief. 

Oh, so glad for this! Continuing to pray. 

• Thanks 1

Sending huge hugs and  positive thoughts.

your poor son has been through so much. My heart goes out to your whole family.

Sorry everything is written way over to the right. My iPad seems to be throwing a tantrum.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

Prayers continue. Thank you for updating us. 

I know your time, energy, and attention need to go to your child. 

We're home, DH is getting him ready for bed.  Hopefully he'll sleep until morning.

He spent most of last year pushing us away when things got hard medically, and has now progressed to the point where he wants us to stay, but he can still really only deal with interacting with one person at a time when he's this stressed.  And he's a kid who loves his Dad.  So, this has been a good distraction when it's DH's turn.  I can stand where he can see me, but also have an excuse to avoid eye contact, which can stress him out.  Usually, he wants Dad to help him wash up and change, and then he wants me to sing while he goes to sleep, so I'll get my turn in a moment.  

Edited by CuriousMomof3
Grammar, this is the WTM after all!
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone.  It was very comforting yesterday to know that people were praying for us.  

I thought I'd come back and update.

A day and a half after the procedure, he's still in a fair amount of pain, but that's to be expected, and he's got good pain meds that are helping.  He slept well with a lot of medication last night, and woke up much less anxious today.  We're definitely out of the woods as far as cardiac complications, which are always one of the biggest worries.  The next few days will tell us whether the procedure worked and will bring long term relief, but he's had it before with success and is feeling optimistic.  The next few days will also tell us whether he caught any germs in the hospital.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

So glad to hear he was able to sleep well

will keep sending positive thoughts

hugs

Thanks a good night’s sleep makes a huge difference.

• Like 2