Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Swimming (Yawn)
  • Household chores (laundry, unpack something)
  • College Swimming stuff with PonyGirl
  • Work (can I say that, if my only requirement is to log-in?  I alternate between relishing and hating weeks like this.  I don't mind the down time as much as I hate the 2 weeks at the end of the month when I suddenly have so much writing to do that I'm putting in 70 hour weeks)
  • Conference Call
  • School check-ins with my no longer babies.
  • Swimming Again

I'll work in a nap somewhere ... 

• Like 9

Good morning!

Our trip to Disney was awesome! I'm so glad we got to go just the two of us. And we were able to get in a boarding group to ride Rise of the Resistance. It didn't make me sick or dizzy and was one of the most amazing rides I've been on!

The usuals are done, so on to today.

• meals
  • take ds to class
  • school with ds
  • tutor one student
  • go to Verizon store with dd (She's still here and will be through some of the weekend.)
  • laundry
  • pay bills
  • co-op class prep
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 9

Good Morning!

DS starts the outpatient/PHP stuff today, so leave early, fill out paperwork, pay the 1/2 of that they'll charge us (the inpatient portion we will owe, but as we checked him in on a weekend, they never called us to pay the 1/2 upfront, and the business office guy yesterday said we could wait for the bill to come in the mail and then set up a payment plan if needed, so we are doing that). 

Do school with DS14 -- science homework for his outside class, start up the at-home language arts since we dropped the outside language arts

Go visit my grandma, maybe?? -- there *should* be time between drop off/pick up of DS to get down there, see her for a reasonable amount of time, get home; I need to find out if my aunt is still in town or not; if not today, Thursday

other than that, sew. Goal is to have the quilt top done by the end of the week, quilt it next week. I have all the blocks made, the sashing corner stones cut (and some of those made), and should be able to do that today (sew the corner stones), then that gives Weds/Thurs/Fri to work on the diamond blocks for the sashing. I'm trying a new way to do them that should be more accurate. Maybe. 

Run some laundry.

Dinner tonight is leftovers (we have a lot of mac & cheese left, as well as we picked up Olive Garden chicken Parm for lunch and have a lot of that leftover). 

Skipping fencing today while we work out the to/from schedule but should be able to attend next week (DS14, not me, I just drive....)

• Like 9

It's a beautiful, mind winter day here. I was inspired to go for an early morning cross-country ski. It was very nice, and I saw 4 deer. Great start to the day!

To do:

- dr appt w/ds

- pick up stuff from printers (Hopefully it will be ready!)

- get other ds to guitar lesson

- declutter

• Like 7

It is still snowing, but school was only moved to a late start. I am going to have to take dh to work, as I need the car later for the dog's annual checkup. And grocery and tennis. Also, the library.  Dh just decided to go in and come home later, in time for the vet appointment- much easier for me!

• coffee/paper
  • school with ds3
  • daily chores
  • keep plugging away on establishing habits
  • dd2 off to school
  • vet
  • library
  • ds3 to tennis
  • grocery store
  • dh has choir 
  • try a new recipe for dinner?

Have a great day!

• Like 7

So I did not get enough sleep last night due to pain and still am in a l8t of pain this morning. I decided to go into my warm sunroom, with my coffee and a snack, look at the beautiful plants and read my Feb book club book "The Book of Joy" by Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama and the actual author who was taking their words down and providing context- Douglas Abrams.

It 8s going to be a tough week weather wise and therefore health wise too.

I know many of you are also having tough weather and itd affecting you all too. Hugs to all.

20200204_083400.jpg

20200204_083432.jpg

20200204_083412.jpg

20200204_083405.jpg

• Like 8

Good morning!

My kids are off to tutorial and school. I'm headed to Bible study. 

This afternoon:

Figure out a ride home for dd   

Make dinner

Email  

YNAB

Call to cancel an appt and reschedule.  

Pick up Ds  

Meet dh and contractor to pick out flooring.  

Dinner

RA with kids. We've moved this to late evening now that one is in school and lunchtime doesn't work. We have been missing it! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 8

Howdy, happy Tuesday.

It's mixed so far today.  I failed to get up early and get some work out.  However, I felt pretty good compared to my normal morning self.  The kids were good, things were ready on time, I was feeling pretty peaceful and ready to get a start on work.  (Most of my clients are on a later time zone so I could get some things out before their office hours.)

Then my housemate / boss partner decided we had an emergency and all had to drop everything and deal with it.  Between that and my computer being slow, there was no way of getting work out early.

So now I am still behind and figuring out the priorities for scrambling. 

Done:

• Kids up & off on time.
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Prepared boxes for shipment.
  • Wrote check for investment.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • 2 coffees.

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Exercise.
  • Laundry - at least 1 load of whites.
  • School travel registration.
  • Pay bills.
  • Kid2 has horse riding.
  • Kid1 - AHG work?
  • Kids' music practice, homework, joint AHG badge work, cleaning in their rooms.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

It's a beautiful, mind winter day here. I was inspired to go for an early morning cross-country ski. It was very nice, and I saw 4 deer. Great start to the day!

To do:

- dr appt w/ds

- pick up stuff from printers (Hopefully it will be ready!)

- get other ds to guitar lesson

- declutter

Jealous about the cross county skiing😊

• Like 7

Back from dropping off DS; found out (yay!) that since he has his own transportation, he's actually done at 1:00 or 1:30, depending whether he wants to eat lunch there or not. (From 1:30 to 2:30 is yoga, which he could stay for but is sooo not his cup of tea, it's nice to know he can skip that) So, this is good, we'll happily get him earlier and feed him lunch at home if he doesn't want to stay and eat with the group. 

The nurse seems very nice, as does the therapist. I forgot to tell them about the med that was an injection; I'll make sure and mention it when I pick him up. They have his chart and all, but I don't want that to get missed since a different doctor takes over on this side and can/will be tweaking his meds (comes in 2x/week only which is nice). I don't imagine they'll *change* things up, other than increasing/reducing dosages, but just in case, I want to make sure they know he is on this other med. (also may impact willingness to reduce the other one; it's my understanding that the one main med is kind of a "until the injection hits therapeutic levels" kind of thing). 

So, that reroutes my day a little bit. I will:
....sew
....do school with DS14
...pick up DS22
...eat lunch
....sew some more, hang out
...laundry
...dinner is leftovers
...figure out a plan for Mondays getting DS to/from the program; I need to make a list of who we can ask to help drive, if anyone.....

I'll have to plan to visit my grandma on Thurs afternoon; with the 1 pick up, there's not time between after all, and until I see how DS is doing in the afternoons, I don't really want to leave him that long. 

• Like 8

Ugh. A car crash took out half the power to the city. This includes Starbucks which was my go-to place for breakfast when we have no power. So I am cobbling together a low carb breakfast at home. I couldn’t cook eggs or heat up my bone broth so I am a tad grumpy. 

And I can’t go do school with dd at Starbucks. 

Dd was able to have a very quick doctors appointment despite them having no power. So I have picked her up. 

We are so dependent on power!  

human care done 

pet care done 

medical care done 

now to figure out what chores can be done without power 

• Like 7

dd2 went off to school- senioritis is in full swing and crawling through snowy streets to abbreviated classes for late start seems silly to her (and to me... but I don't tell her that).

dh is on his way home- I will not be late for the vet!

Next up:

finish kitchen clean up

vet

library

home to take ds3 to gym

grocery store

home to relax- handwork, etc

• Like 7

Done in the "dusk":  (daytime but it's cloudy and now snowing here): 

folded and put away one load of laundry

did my morning exercises

disinfected my CPap

took out the recycling.

Then I was done with everything that I could think of that could be done without power (or the light the power gives) and the power came back on!  Woo hoo! 

• Like 7

Did school with DS14 (well, the science part; lang arts will be this afternoon)(and other stuff)

Started a load of laundry

Had a text from DS22, wondering what time I come get him, and confirmed that's a good plan. As he's improving, I'm amazed at how amazed I am. I don't know how to describe but....in the past, even a simple "no brainer" text would take......minutes?....for him to compose and send. I mean, we'd sit and watch the little "he's typing something...." dots and wonder was he replying, not replying, etc.  So, to get a text, reply to a text, and get back a reply.....in a "normal" amount of time......it's incredible. And then it hits me how bad things were, that something like that makes me say "it's incredible..." 

DH says he can handle the Mondays driving; thankfully he has a flexible boss/job and can take half-days to cover that for the next couple weeks. I can cover all the other days (and then maybe DS will be able to drive himself at some point)

There may be a nap in my future, after I pick up DS. I'm going to go a little early, in case he finishes early (they said "about 1:30" in case the therapist wants to talk with him after/during the lunch, but just in case, I'll go a little bit early....). Then swap laundry, do some sewing, do lang arts with DS. 

• Like 8

Good afternoon!

The morning was busy, so I am late posting.

Chris, I have many houseplants and enjoyed seeing yours. Beautiful!

• office work (banking & bills)
  • speaking of houseplants...have to clean up the mess that was made when my cat knocked over a pot of ivy
  • dust upstairs
  • wipe down kitchen cabinets 
  • order new smoke detectors
  • figure out why my coffee maker was acting weird this morning - might have to break out the backup...
  • get chili out of freezer to thaw
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: 5 bean chili
  • Like 8

Washed, dried and put away dishes, knives and pans.

Wiped down counters, stove and microwave.

Finished the CPap disinfection.  I try to keep up on cleaning it and all but I am wondering if this has been contributing to my health issues lately.  So hopefully this helps.  It was due this level of disinfection anyway. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

It is really lovely to have this opportunity - especially when the temps are mild! In -25 I don't brag as much. 🤪

Have you ever tried snowshoeing? I get the cold temps, grew up in the Upper Peninsula😊

• Like 6

Home from picking up DS. 

Got a text from the other college DS that he'd really, honestly, like to drop out. :le sigh: As DH told him yesterday when he was asking about changing his major (from computer science, to art, because he finds calculus hard), two weeks ago, that would be a hard no. Now......sure thing, kid. (well, I mean, we'll have a real conversation or three, and probably much prayer, as we certainly don't want to *over-correct*, but......I really don't want to find ourselves in this spot a year from now with him, as we are with his brother.) Oof. 

Fed the boys lunch/ate lunch myself. 

DS is napping, I believe I will do the same. Laundry into dryer first. 

• Like 8

vet- shots and a orthopedic check- some early signs of arthiritis- though honestly, we haven't noticed anything.

library- books picked up. One biography I put on hold- 900 pages! Should mention that in the review.

took ds3 to tennis

grocery store

packaged some prom dresses ordered online to return- an errand for tomorrow

a few things online

Dh is puttering in the kitchen- I would like to watch something and stitch- but won't be able to do that with his random chatting and questions.

Next up:

sewing room or read in the bedroom

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

vet- shots and a orthopedic check- some early signs of arthiritis- though honestly, we haven't noticed anything.

library- books picked up. One biography I put on hold- 900 pages! Should mention that in the review.

took ds3 to tennis

grocery store

packaged some prom dresses ordered online to return- an errand for tomorrow

a few things online

Dh is puttering in the kitchen- I would like to watch something and stitch- but won't be able to do that with his random chatting and questions.

Next up:

sewing room or read in the bedroom

LOL, Jen, the bold made me laugh out loud! my DH is the same way. He's so adorable, but oh my word, when he wants my company I can get nothing done. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Like 7

Put clothes in the dryer

Put more clothes in the washer

Looked at many language arts options, picked one, ordered it and yay!! it was cheaper b/c of my discount, so have a good, solid plan for DS14

Talked to DS19 who wants to come home; now to call DH and talk to him. :sigh: 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

How was the first day?  Was he able to tell you?

He said it went well, and he thinks it's definitely set up to help.

He's very tired tonight (slept about 3 hrs when we got home, and very quiet now). Still, the moments that he's talking/interacting, are a better level than they were "before" so this is still good. 

The therapist introduced herself and said he did well today, too.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

How was his sleep before the hospital?  Sometimes mental illness can really disrupt sleep and the ability to take a good nap is a really good sign.  That’s definitely how my DS is.  

He wasn't napping quite this much, but I do think it's good. I think the work is mentally exhausting for him (he's an introvert, too, so being in a group setting for 4 hours a day is....a lot; being in a group setting for 4 hrs a day, after 9 days of 24/7 group setting.....an extra lot). So, definitely reasonable. I just have to remind myself of that. 😉 They did refer to it as "sleep hygiene" and that it's a good thing so long as it's not that he's *always* sleeping to avoid being out/about. (he's not)

• Like 5

Well, we picked out our flooring and got some other helpful info from the contractor about scheduling. Then when we all got home the power was out. So we went out to dinner with the neighbor who had picked up dd from the tutorial. We went to a locally owned burger place. Our food was yummy and everyone had fun, and then neighbor took the check and treated us. Very kind! In the midst of a dreary and stressful winter, it's nice to have a fun night out! 

I tidied the kitchen, put the flashlights away, rerset the stove and microwave clocks. 

Now off to bed and my pile of books. Tomorrow is a busy day...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Load #1 went through the washing machine. 

Dh met us at home and we all drove together to the vehicle licensing office. We’re waiting to transfer title to dd 

We just transferred title to our daughter last month.  She is 23.  Is your dd now 18?  AL is strange and you aren't an adult here until you are 19 anyway.  But since dd couldn't afford car insurance since she started college until this fall when she had graduated and started a full time, well paying job, we finally forced her to do it last month. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

We just transferred title to our daughter last month.  She is 23.  Is your dd now 18?  AL is strange and you aren't an adult here until you are 19 anyway.  But since dd couldn't afford car insurance since she started college until this fall when she had graduated and started a full time, well paying job, we finally forced her to do it last month. 

Yes, she's 18.  She's pushing to pay her own car insurance but I have been holding off on it for her own benefit.  Not that she appreciates it. 

• Like 2