Menu

What's with the ads?

Calizzy

If you have done family photos...

Do you mind sharing how much they cost? And did that include any prints/books or did you buy those separately? Lastly, how often do you do them? Our oldest is 11 and we have done photos once. I am wanting to do photos with a very expensive photographer and I am trying to justify it by the fact that we have skipped the last 7 years 😂😂

I'd avoid paying for a "very expensive" photo shoot.
I'd rather hire a homeschooled teen who is eager to learn & I can see some of their previous work.
I'd rather have annual photo sessions that are not quite perfectly done, to capture the subtle growth.

All that to say . . . $100 for a 30 min session & edited digital photos uploaded on the photographer's website is the norm here.

Edited by Beth S

We are doing very expensive family photos in a couple weeks.  My oldest is 12, and my youngest is 9, they were about 3 and 6 months the last time we did professional photos, other than those horrible school pictures.  Those were cheap pictures in a studio in the mall.  

We’ve got a lot of things that will make this photo shoot more complicated and impact the price, including the fact that we’re doing portraits of my future Sister in Law in her wedding dress at the same time, but the photographer we are using generally charges a little under a thousand for an hour long photo shoot where you get digital files for at least 35 edited images that you can get printed at a variety of online places.

• Like 1