Menu

Taxes...sigh

fairfarmhand

Ours were a pain this year. We moved to another state but dh is still working in our previous state. TurboTax could not figure it out, so we had to not use them for the first time in years. But we got them done and I'm just hoping we did it right. It seemed liked it shouldn't have been that difficult but it was

I’m still waiting for all the tax forms to be available from California (state tax refund form 1099-G), Morgan Stanley (stocks 1099-B), the banks (taxable interests 1099-INT) before I can complete filing.  On the bright side, I think I don’t need to do itemized deductions again as the standard deduction is higher. 

• Like 1

It is a lovely day here....SUN in West Michigan for the second day in a row.  We had more sun yesterday than in the past 25 days combined.   And I am in the house with mild influenza or the crud.  I want to be out walking but since I can hardly get across the house without a huge coughing fit I don't think I am up to a long walk 😞

11 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’ve been helping my teens file their taxes. Should be easy peasy!  Except it’s been nearly two decades since I’ve actually done taxes instead of paying someone else to do it. I think we’ve made it though federal. State and local still to go!

Which state has local taxes? I've never heard of that before!

3 sets of taxes. What a pain! I'm so glad my state doesn't have a state income tax!

5 hours ago, wilrunner said:

Which state has local taxes? I've never heard of that before!

3 sets of taxes. What a pain! I'm so glad my state doesn't have a state income tax!

PA.
It’s not all that terrible financially, since our state is only about 3% and our local is 1%, but yeah, that extra step is a pain. Especially since one dd’s withholdings weren’t done right and she’s going to owe about $20 @@.  

I don't even want to think about taxes!😭😭

I will be doing our 4 - Fed, our state, and 2 other states.  DH's K-1 isn't completed (EVER) until late March.  They aren't difficult anymore - just a bit time consuming!

And...I have to get my dad's done and it's going to be a pain in the butt!  I did his last year for the first time and that was ok once I figured out what he had been doing over the years.  This year's has his capital gain from the sale of his home.  I am knee-deep in boxes of papers trying to find documentation to bring the basis down.  And...I need to find someone to do them this year for him.  I'm not feeling like I want to be responsible for that.

Anyway, I will probably cry everyday for the next couple of months.  Then, when they are all off my plate, I am getting a weekend away by myself with a lovely massage.  That is getting me through!!!